Slippery Rock University has an online learning management system that is made for a lot of residential and distance education faculty members. The intention of it is to support them in providing the students with access to source materials and to host online learning events. With it, everyone will be able to access these things anytime they want as it is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
If your knowledge about the online learning management system of Slippery Rock University is low, here is the brief information about it. For the detailed one, you can just go to its official website.
Accessing SRU D2L
For anyone who wants to access the D2L of Slippery Rock University, there are a total of three ways that you can try. Below is the explanation of each method.
The first one is MySRU.sru.edu. This one is the public D2L site that is approved by the university. In order to sign in, you will have to use the first part of your SRU email address and your Rockmail password. You will be brought into the MySRU portal, the one that will show you the registration and degree audit tools. If you want to access the D2L, please click on the D2L logo that can be found in the left center page of the screen.
Here is a similar way as the one above. The first thing that you need to do is to go to the official website of Slippery Rock University at www.sru.edu. You will be taken to its homepage. In the upper right hand corner, you will be able to see a little logo that says My SRU. Please click that one and you will be directed to a login page where you need to enter your username and your password. For those who have no idea, the username is your SRU email address minus the SRU.edu while the password is your password that you have previously created. After entering these two, it is time for you to click the sign in button.
The second one is d2l.sru.edu. This one is the alternative login site that can be used if the first one does not work. While the previous one takes you into the MySRU portal and requires you to click a second time on the D2L logo, this one will take you into the learning environment and your list of courses. To be able to log in here, it is needed for you to use your complete SRU email address and your Rockmail password. Bookmarking this site is recommended as it will take you to the D2L with just a couple of clicks.
The last one is sru.desire2learn.com/login. This one is known as the back door entrance. If you want to log in this site, you will have to use your complete SRU email address and your Employee Self Service password. This one is able to be used for those the non-credit visitors and guests who need to access D2L or Desire2Learn. Basically, if you are the one without a Rockmail account. In addition, those who were issued a temporary username and password are also allowed to use this login site.
What should you do if you cannot sign in to D2L? The password for Desire2Learn or D2L is the same one as the one that is used for MySRU, Rockmail, and logging on to the computers on campus. The faculty or the students might change one password, and they forget about the fact that it will change across all four systems mentioned before. The common issue happens when the Rockmail password of the student has expired and has been reset or changed, and they do not realize that D2L and MySRU also use the same password.
If you forget your password or if you feel like someone knows your password and you feel unsafe and want to reset your password, the best thing to do is to call x4357 to get help. Some people might think the help line at x4220 can reset or view their D2L, MySRU or Rockmail password, but it is not true. The help line at x4220 is able to be used by the non-credit visitors or guests with a temporary D2L password.
Posting Files to SRU D2L
SRU D2L is not only intended for the students of Slippery Rock University but also some other people like the faculty and staff. It is also usually used by the instructors. Sharing files to the students is one of the most common uses of SRU D2L. Here is step by step to do it:
- The first thing that you have to do is to log in to your D2L course.
- After logging in, it is time for you to click Content.
- For those who are working in a BRAND-NEW D2L course, please make a minimum of a module first before starting uploading files. To be able to create a module, you can just click the Add a module button located in the lower left corner.
- You will need to enter Course Documents in the text box that shows up.
- Do not forget to hit Enter after that.
- Once the page has been refreshed, the next thing is to click the blue New button before selecting Upload Files.
- Then, click My Computer in the center of the pop up window that shows up.
- In the next step, click Upload and find the file that you want to post. Upon finding the one to post, you can just choose it and then click Open. When the file browser is no longer around, click Add. You can also click Upload again and choose the additional files in case there are more items to upload.
- When everything is done, you will be directed back to the main Manage Content screen. In the end, the file that you just uploaded will not be able to be seen by your students.