In order to log into the D2L Winona State University, you need to use your StarID. Aside from accessing the D2L, you can only need one StarID where you can use the same StarID across Winona State University to log into many services such as email and other e-learnings and many more.
Additionally, the StarID and password are needed to access your student email account and other campus information. So, if you forget the username and password to log into the D2L Winona State University, you can use your Minnesota StarID and password, as an alternative.
Link to access the D2L Winona State University here.
StarID is a username to replace a lot of login IDs with one ID and one password on every login portal. All students, staff and Faculty of Minnesota State system are eligible to get the StarID and active one. Once the StarID is active, you’re able to use your StarID and password anywhere which accepts StarID.
Moreover, you can use the same StarID across Minnesota State. The StarID is two letters, four numbers and two letters, for example ‘ab1234cd’. The StarID looks the way it does because the StarID format was chosen based on analysis of username across all of Minnesota State.
Get Started to Use the D2L Features at Winona State University!
If you successfully access the D2L Winona State University, you definitely find numerous tools and features to access what you need. Here are they:
D2L Brightspace Navigation
Through these navigations below, it will help you to lead what you want to do, here are they:
- Minibar is always visible and will help you to access the Brightspace Learning Environment.
- My Home will get you back to your organization’s homepage. On ‘My Home’, you will usually find plenty of important information from your organization on the homepage.
- Course Selector can be used to access your courses. You can pin your courses to the top of the list for easy access,
- Messages will notify you about instant messages and unread mail sent by your instructors and other learners.
- Subscriptions will inform you about new blog posts, threads, topics and subscribed discussion forums.
- Updates will inform you about grades, new and updated announcements, due dates and end dates.
- Username always allows you to change your user profile, account settings, notifications, and log out.
- Navbar definitely provides links to course-specific tools, including the assignments, quizzes and discussions. The navbar here may change depending on your course.
- Course Homepage will provide a quick access to find the important information related to the course. Well, the course homepage for each course probably will be different.
You can find your courses on ‘Course Homepage’ where this navigation will show you the courses which have been sent by your instructors. Then, how if you cannot find your course? Of course, if you get an issue where you cannot find your course, it can be caused by a bunch of reasons, here are they:
- If you have registered for the course within the last 24 hours, your registration is probably processed already. Make sure to wait 24-48 hours once registering for a course to appear.
- Your instructor may not activate the courses yet.
- Your courses have not started. Of course, if your courses have not started, it will be invisible in the Brightspace Learning Environment.
- For any courses, your instructor may not be using the Brightspace Learning Environment.
Creating a Discussion Thread
The Discussions tool is a collaboration area to post, read and reply to threads on various topics, ask the questions, share thoughts about course materials, share files or work with your peers on assignment and homework.
Here’s how to create a discussion thread!
- First, you need to click the ‘Discussions’ option on the navbar
- Then, click the topic where you want to create a thread.
- After that, click the ‘Start a New Thread’ option.
- Enter a subject and enter your post.
- Then, set any options available.
- Last, click on the ‘Post’ button. If the topic is moderated, your post will not appear until a moderator approves it.
On the D2L Brightspace, you can also submit assignments, here’s how!
- First, click on the ‘Assignments’ from the navbar.
- Then, click on the assignment you want to submit on the Assignments page.
- After that, type your assignment in the ‘Text Submission’ field. After you finish, you can click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- To attach files, you can click on the ‘Add a File’.
- You can also choose ‘Record Audio’ to add feedback. When finishing a record, you can click the ‘Add’ button. Then, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Click on the ‘Mark as Complete’ option to manually mark an assignment as completed.
- If your instructor enabled e-rater @ Grammar feedback, to view grammar feedback on your assignment, you can click on the ‘View e-rater® grammar feedback’ link in the ‘Inline Feedback’ column on the ‘Submission History’ page.
Taking a Quiz
With the D2L Brightspace, you can also take a quiz by following the steps:
- Find the ‘Quizzes’ icon on the navbar.
- Click on the quiz you want to take on the ‘Quiz List’ page.
- Read the instructions and details for the quiz. If you are ready, you can click on ‘Start Quiz’.
- Then, answer each question. When you have completed the question, your answer will automatically save.
- You can then click on the ‘Next Page’ or ‘Previous Page’ to navigate between pages.
- Click ‘Go to Submit Quiz’ once you answer all quiz questions.
- If you are not ready to submit the quiz, instead you can click the question number in the quiz’s left panel to go back to the question or if you are ready to submit the quiz, you can continue to click ‘Submit Quiz’.
Viewing Your Grades
You can also view your individual grades, comments, class averages and feedback. The Class Progress tool will assist you to check your progress in a course via tracking course-specific assignments and feedback, and through measuring 9 progress indicators including Grades, Objectives, Content, Discussions, Assignments, Quizzes, Checklist, Surveys and Login History.