Texas A&M University is one of the largest universities in the states that will be ready to welcome international students to study across its 17 academic schools and colleges. The admissions are offered in the fall and spring intake seasons. Reportedly, the students who are enrolled at Texas A&M is roughly 70,000 students each year.
If you have a plan to enroll at Texas A&M University, you should know the acceptance rate in 2022 – 2023. If you already know the acceptance rate, you will know how your chance of being accepted at Texas A&M University. To get the information about it, you can dive into our post below.
Acceptance Rate of Texas A&M University in 2022 – 2023
According to acceptancerate.com, Texas A&M University exhibits a moderately selective admission policy with an acceptance rate of 59.7 % in 2022 – 2023. The 2022’s acceptance rate is slightly lower than previous years.
In 2021, The Texas A&M University Acceptance rate is very competitive. In general terms, the acceptance rate is 67%, meaning 63 students are accepted while 33 are rejected, for every 100 applications.
In fall 2020, the overall acceptance rate for Texas A&M University – College Station was reported as 57.8% with more than 42,500 college applications that are submitted to Texas A&M University – College Station.
Reportedly, the overall acceptance rate trend for Texas A&M University – College Station has been getting lower when compared to averages from previous years. Let’s see the acceptance rate by year:
- 2016-2017: 67.2%
- 2017-2018: 70.5%
- 2018-2019: 67.6%
- 2019-2020: 57.8%
- Projected Texas A&M Acceptance Rate 2022-2023: 59.7%
Due to the academic standard of the University, Texas A&M University only accepts students with identical test scores in standardized tests and their grades are above average. Need to know, the admission process is extremely selective and below-average, and of course average students will have difficulty being admitted.
With an acceptance rate of more than 62%, Texas A&M University admissions are very competitive. Of course, you should have an SAT score between 910 and 1090 or an ACT score between 16 and 20.
Texas A&M University Acceptance GPA
In addition to acceptance rate, the acceptance GPA is also important. However, the GPA’s requirements really matter, meaning you will have a real chance to enter Texas A&M University.
The average GPA of Texas A&M University is 3.69. Of course, Texas A&M requires that you be above average in your high school class. Furthermore, you should need at least a combination of A and B, with more A than B.
The students who are accepted into Texas A&M must have an average SAT score between 1160 – 1390 or an average ACT score of 26 – 31. For more information, the regular admissions application deadline for Texas A&M is December 1.
Why Should You Study at Texas A&M University?
Of course, there are several reasons why you should study at Texas A&M University. To convince you to study at Texas A&M University, let’s see the following reasons to study at Texas A&M University!
- Texas A&M University is highly recognized both locally and globally.
- Texas A&M University was ranked as No 26 in top public universities, No 25 in most innovative schools and No 38 in best college for Veterans, according to US News.
- Texas A&M University is also ranked among the top 100 public universities and ranks No 1 among public universities by international school.
- Texas A&M is also home to the George Bush Presidential Library, one of the state’s biggest libraries. The main campus of Texas A&M University is one of the largest in the United States, occupying about 5,200 acres (21 km2).
- Texas A&M has more than 1,000 officially recognized student organizations that are good for students’ integration and networking.
- Texas A&M University actually offers qualified sports programs and social life activities with all needed resources. In short, this university offers a full university life package.
Texas A&M University International Admissions
There’s no doubt if Texas A&M University offers the best quality of teaching experience to their students. Reportedly, around 10% of total enrolment are international students from the whole world. This university is also known for providing qualified undergraduate and graduate programs.
If you want to enroll at Texas A&M University, you have to fulfill the minimum grade point, meet the appropriate, official academic records, along with verifying financial support. If you are an international student and want to enroll at Texas A&M university, you’re required to follow the following application process to get Admission at Texas A&M University.
- Application Portal: Visit Apply Texas portal here
- Application Fee: 90 USD (-6,990 INR)
How to submit an application?
- First, you need to choose an academic program
- Then, check the admission requirements and application deadlines.
- After that, you should open the application portal and log in.
- Last, you can apply online and submit the application fees and documents.
What are admission requirements? Here are the documents required for Texas A&M University admission:
- Essay (UG)
- Official transcripts
- English proficiency test scores.
In addition to admission requirements, you also need to enclose the following supporting documents required for admission, here are they:
- SOP for USA
- LOR for USA (Graduate, Vary with programs).
It’s important to note, the students are also suggested to upload their transcripts through HOWDY via the Applicant tab or sent through the mail. Certainly, the students have to remember that Faxed or emailed copies are not accepted by the University.
Texas A&M University Undergraduate Admissions
The students will be requested to check the courses in the University website before applying for admissions. Of course, they can also chat with the university officials if they have any queries while applying online.
Application Fee: $90 for international student
Eligibility Criteria: The basic eligibility criteria for admission to the undergraduate courses, as follows:
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 on a scale of 4.0 (~89-90%)
- Class rank
- 2 essays and letter of recommendations
- Summary of extracurricular activities, honors, and talents
- TOEFL/IELTS/CAE score for international students
- The minimum TOEFL score is 80; The Minimum IELTS score is 6.0; the Minimum PTE academic score is 53
- Filled application
- High school transcripts
- Application fee
- Exam mark sheets
- Self-reported academic record