If you access Quizlet, you are able to find a lot of questions and answers for learning. One of the questions and answers that you can find is about political culture which place a high value on government and the collective good.
In the Quizlet, the question of it is like this:
- Question: Which political culture places a high value on government and the collective good?
- Moralistic C. Traditionalistic
- Individualistic D. Traditionalistic/ Individualistic
Answer: A. Moralistic
Moralistic Political Culture
In the framework of Elazar, states which use a moralistic political culture see the government as a means to better society. Also, it promotes the general welfare. They expect that the political officials can be honest in their dealings with others, put the interests of the people that they serve above their own and also commit to improving the area that they represent.
The process of politics is seen in a positive light and it is not seen as a vehicle which is tainted by corruption. The fact is that citizens which live in moralistic cultures have little patience for corruption. They also believe that politicians should be motivated by a desire to give benefits to the community rather than by a need to get profit financially from service.
Therefore, moralistic states tend to support the role of the government which is expanded. They believe more that the government should promote the general welfare by allocating funds to programs that will be beneficial for the poor. Besides, they see it as the duty of public officials to advocate for new programs which can be beneficial for marginal citizens or solve public policy problems, even when public pressure to do it is not exists.
Among the Puritans in upper New England, the moralistic political culture developed. And then, after some generations, these settlers moved westward and then their values diffused across the top of the United States to the upper Great Lakes. Scandinavians and Northern Europeans joined this group of settlers and reinforced the values of Puritans and it happened in the middle of the 1800s. These groups moved further west together through the northern portion of the Midwest and West and then along the West Coast.
Other Questions and Answers
If you need the other questions and answers as the example above that you can learn for increasing your knowledge, you are able to access Quizlet. Below, we provide you with some other questions and answers that you can learn.
- Question: According to the lesson, what percent of Texas Republicans support the idea of school vouchers?
- 32% B. 61% C. 71% D. 89%
Answer: B. 61%
- Question: Proponents of school choice argue that it will encourage …
- The first amendment
- More public school funding
- Spreading religion to all public school children
Answer: A. competition
- Question: Texas political culture tends to be ….
- Traditional and moralistic
- Public policy oriented
- Conservative and individualistic
- Liberal and traditionalist
Answer: C. conservative and individualistic
- Question: The culture of many western states combines moralistic roots with a …
- Hierarchical structure
- Traditional Order
- Frontier Spirit
- Duty-driven attitude
Answer: C. Frontier spirit
- Question: If you are interested in learning more about frontier life, you can check out the … in Lubbock, TX.
- Cowboy Theater C. Wild West Institute
- Ranching Heritage Museum D. Native American Museum
Answer: B. Ranching Heritage Museum
- Question: Some of the spirit of independence and self-reliance in Texas comes from …
- Traditional and hierarchical values
- Formal government institutions along the Mississippi River
- Cooperation with Native American governments
- A dearth of governmental structure in the new frontier
Answer: D. a dearth of governmental structure in the new frontier
Quizlet is an application that you are able to use for studying online. This app permits students to be able to study science through learning tools and games. This app was made by Andrew Sutherland in October 2005 and it was released to the public in January 2007.
With this app, as a student, you will be able to be trained via flashcards and various games and also tests. As of February 6th, 2019, this app gains more than 300 million user-generated flashcard sets and also there are more than 50 million active users. Now, this app get ranked among the top 50 sites in the United States. In 2016, SimilarWeb recognized this app as the fastest growing US Education site in 2015.
Quizlet is a memorization tool which permits you to be able to create sets of terms and definitions which are customized for their own needs. The sets of terms are able to be studied under some study modes. What modes are they? Here they are.
- Flash Cards. This mode is similar to paper flash cards. You will be displayed a card for each term which you can flip over. You can do it by clicking or using the arrow keys or space bar. You also have the option for the face of the card to be an image, a word or both.
- Gravity. In this mode, definitions scroll vertically down the screen in the asteroids shape. You must type the term which goes with the definition before it can reach the bottom of the screen.
- Speller. The term is read out loud in this mode. You must type in the term with the right spelling. If you are able to get the correct answer of the questions, you will be rewarded with a video of a monster truck which does a jump, wheelie and a flip.
- Write. In this mode, a term or definition will be displayed to you and you have to type the term or definition which goes with what is shown. After you enter the answer, you can see whether the answer that you give was correct or not.
- Live. In this mode, a teacher will be able to break their class up into teams of however many teams you want or play the game with students individually.
- Match. In this mode, you will be displayed with a grid of scattered terms. You must drag terms on top of your associated definitions to remove them from the grid and then you have to try to clear the grid in the fastest time possible.