Every student of University of Texas at San Antonio or UTSA is able to request a transcript. In the world of University of Texas at San Antonio, the academic transcript includes the full academic record while the student enrolled at University of Texas at San Antonio, which include the transfer credit from the other institutions.
UTSA has been using Parchment/Credential Solutions, Inc. for transcript requests to streamline the transcript process and offer the services since February 8, 2021. The services offered by the university include 24/7 secure access that is compatible with all mobile and tablet devices, 24/7 online order status and tracking, and automated electronic delivery acknowledgement. Since then, transcripts were no longer be printed on campus and they have been originated from an off-site location after the request is made. Now, there is no way for you to pick up the transcript in person on the same day when you send a request.
Then, how to order a transcript through Parchment/Credential Solutions, Inc.? Before anything, you will have to know that it is not free. If you want to order the electronic transcript delivered to college or university, you will have to pay for $5.00. Just like electronic transcript delivered to college or university, the PDF deliver to college or university and PDF transcript download by third party recipient also cost $5.00. As for the printed and mailed copy, it is a bit different compared to the first three. While the others cost $5.00, it costs $7.00. Actually, it is not absolute fee and there might be additional ones as the result of expedited or over might requests.
For everyone who is able to CAS authenticate, you are able to avoid completing the Signature Authorization form by following these following instructions:
- The first step that you have to do is to log in to ASAP.
- After logging in, choose the Student Services tab.
- Next, choose the Student Records link.
- Then, choose Request Official Transcript link. By following the step, you will be taken to Parchment/Credential Solution, Inc.
- Please follow the guide to complete the order.
For everyone who is not able to CAS authenticate (alumni), then you will have to follow these following steps instead:
- First of all, you can use Parchment/Credentials Solutions, Inc. at https://www.credentials-inc.com/cgi-bin/dvcgitp.pgm to place your order.
- When you click the link, you will be directed to the Transcript Ordering Services The University of Texas at San Antonio page.
- In the new page, please choose between Order PDF Transcript(s) and Order Paper Hard—Copy Transcript(s).
- Both links will take you to the pages with forms. There are five sections of ordering a transcript. The first one is Student Info. In the Student Info, you will have to fill out the information about yourself and communication information. The information that should be provided include Student ID, Attended Form Year, Attended To Year, Birth Date, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Suffix, Other Last Names, Country, Current Address, City, State, ZIP Code, Email Address, Verify Email, Telephone Country, Telephone #, Cell Phone No., Verify Cell Phone No, and Cell Phone Co. Please fill out everything well and double check if you are not that confident.
- After completing everything, click Next.
- Please follow the rest instructions and go through the rest of the process well. The other four sections include Order Options, Recipient(s), Summary, and Payment.
When you make a request, you are recommended to use Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari. Talking about the order, Federal Express delivery is only available when you place an online order. Besides, E-Transcript and First Class mail delivery is also available. FedEx will process your orders once a week. There is also immediate delivery that will be sent out the same day. For the payment, everything is accepted including credit or debit cards.
It is worth noting that the requests from those with no holds or and issues within the requests will be sent within the hour of the order being processed and those with a transcript hold will have a chance to request one online but it will not be sent until the hold is fixed.
If you are still clueless about ordering transcript, here are some Q&As:
- Question: How long will it take for the transcript request to be processed?
Answer: According to UTSA One Stop, the electronic ones will be sent within one business day of the order being processed. Each order with special shipping is processed within two or five business days. You will need to wait for 7 or 10 days for it to be delivered.
- Question: What should be done if you want to request a transcript to be sent after the end of the term or after the graduation when your degree is posted?
Answer: There is an option to choose “Hold for grades or “Hold for degree” during the process.
- Question: It is possible to get a transcript if I have a hold?
Answer: Unfortunately, there is no way to get it. It is stated that transcripts are not generated for those whose holds involve a financial obligation or some judicial issues. It is needed to clear holds before submitting a request to prevent this case from happening.
- Question: Is a fee charged when requesting transcripts?
Answer: A fee is applied after the transcript delivered.
- Question: It is possible for the transcript to be sent by fax?
Answer: The sad news is that there is no way to do that. All the transcripts are mailed, sent electronically to the other universities that are electronic transcript trading partners with University of Texas at San Antonio, or email as a PDF through Parchment.
- Question: Who should you reach out if there is additional question?
Answer: In case there are some questions about the process or if you face some difficulties while entering the order, please call the customer service at 847 716 3005. It is available from Monday to Friday (CST/CDT) from 7:00 AM to 7:00. Before calling, make sure that your Order Number is ready.