UTSA offers some housing options which are available in a residence hall or apartment style. Each housing option comes with many spaces for storage, studying, socializing and sleeping. Well, let us talk about UTSA Housing.
UTSA Housing and Residence Life
UTSA Housing and Residence Life offers housing for the students of UTSA. The residents benefit from easement such as fully furnished living spaces, common areas, 24-hour laundry centers, neighborhood centers and nice billing with utilities included. Also, housing and Residence Life facilitates unique SIG (Special Interest Housing) programs to promote the academic and personal development of the students with common interests.
Housing and Residence Life residential options:
- Alvarez Hall
- Chaparral Village
- Laurel Village
- Chisholm Hall
- Guadalupe Hall
UTSA Housing – Status Information
Communities who live on UTSA’s campus will again be open for the 2021-2022 academic year and they are going to continue to take precautions which follow the public health and safety directives issued by UTSA.
The UTSA housing application for the 2021-2022 academic year is still being developed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Of course, we can understand that this uncertainty may be stressful. However, they are going to be in regular communication with all housing applicants when they make decisions about capacity in each facility. Laurel Village and Chaparral Village have apartment-style houses. The units have two up to four roommates that each have their own bedrooms, and only share a bathroom with one other person. Those communities have been open during the 2020-2021 academic year, and with a small residential pod, proved to be the safest choices for their residents during the height of the pandemic. UTSA is proud to have been making a controlled living environment on-campus which has limited the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Alvarez Hall has two single-occupancy rooms joined by a shared bathroom. Also, The Chisholm Hall offers a suite format. It has double and single occupancy rooms with a bathroom. For your information, the Chisholm Hall double rooms are huge and give enough space for two occupants. The residents only share a bathroom with one other person at these halls.
Guadalupe hall was made to support the student engagement and success with the groups of double-occupancy rooms around shared restroom facilities. This Guadalupe hall is conducive to close-knit living and learning communities, thus slated to be the new location for the Honors Residential Community beginning fall 2021. This Guadalupe hall expands the residential pod. Capacity may have to be decreased depending on the status of the Covid-19 pandemic.
UTSA Housing Dates and Deadlines
In the text below, we are going to share UTSA Housing Dates and Deadlines (2019).
- January 11, 2019: Spring 2019 Residents Move-in
- January 14, 2019: Classes Begin
- January 21, 2019: Offices closed for MLK Holiday
- January 30, 2019: Academic and Contracts available for 2019-2020 Housing Applications.
- February 5, 2019: Current residents who live in UTSA Housing are going to be able to reserve their current room (from February 5th through February 11th)
- February 14, 2019: Current residents who live in UTSA Housing will be able to reserve a new room and location (from February 14th through February 20th)
- February 15, 2019: The New Housing Applicant Deadline for Round 1 Room Selection
- February 19, 2019: The New Housing Applicants which applied by February 15th will receive a room selection time slot between February 25 – March 1, 2019
- February 25, 2019: New Housing Applicants Round One Room Selection Begins
- March 11-16, 2019: Spring Break
- March 15, 2019: New Housing Applicant Priority Deadline for Round 2 Room Selection begins
- March 19, 2019: New Housing Applicants who applied by March 15th are going to receive a room selection time slot between March 25-March 29, 2019
- March 25, 2019: New Housing Applicant Round Two Room Selection Begins, goes through March 29, 2019
- April 9, 2019: Open Room Selection Begins (goes through April 12, 2019), anyone who completed their application can do so during this time.
- April 16, 2019: The applicants who complete their housing application and have not selected a room or complete their application will be placed manually.
- April 23, 2019: The waitlist requests for a different space becomes available right now.
- April 30, 2019: Deadline to cancel the 2019 – 2020 housing contracts without penalty
- May 1, 2019: Summer Housing Assignments are going to be finalized
- May 6-7, 2019: The Study Days
- May 8-14, 2019: The Final Exams. The residents have to check-out of their room 24 hours after their last final, unless graduating or staying for summer housing.
How to Apply for a UTSA Housing Application?
Here are some steps to apply UTSA Housing:
- At the first step, you have to login to the Housing Portal and complete all steps available.
- In this step, you have to prepare a housing deposit, as it is required at time of application.
- Then, you are able to check your UTSA email account regularly for updates.
Housing Contract Dates
Contracts for UTSA owned housing communities are available to review and complete now. Contracts are going to be accepted on a rolling basis, even after the deadlines listed below, if space is still available. The earlier you finalize your contract, then the better your chances are to get your preferred space and roommate.
|Applicant Category||Signed Contract and Completed Housing Application||First Round Room Assignments||Second Round Room Assignments|
(Early Applicant Deadline)
|April 5||June 14||June 28|
|June 21||June 28||July 12|
|Returning Residents (Priority Deadline)||April 5||April 12||April 19|
|Returning Residents (Regular Deadline)||May 3||May 10||May 17|
For note: All dates can change at the discretion of UTSA Housing and Residence Life. As stated above, contracts are going to be accepted on a rolling basis (even after the dates listed above) as long as there is space available.