The digital era forces the schools, universities/colleges, or some other ones to come up with a learning management system that can support the students, the staff, and the faculty. The University of Texas at San Antonio is aware of it. While the other schools and universities or colleges use PowerSchool and some other things, University of Texas at San Antonio has a thing known as Blackboard Learn. What is Blackboard Learn? Have you ever heard about the name before?
Basically, Blackboard Learn is the learning management system used by University of Texas at San Antonio. With this kind of thing, the students are able to access the materials online, view the grades, complete assignments, take tests, and do some other ones. Every Blackboard course may be a different course depending on the teaching style of the instructors.
If you want to access the things that have been mentioned above through UTSA Blackboard, you will have to log in to the portal. Before logging in to UTSA Blackboard, you are recommended to check your browser as not every browser is allowed to access the portal. There are some requirements that your device should meet, such as:
- Windows 8 or later
- macOS 10.12 or later
- Internet access
- Webcam with microphone
- Recommended browser: Google Chrome
Once your device meets the requirements mentioned above, it is time for you to log in to UTSA Blackboard. Then, how to do it? You can log in to the portal by following these following instructions:
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to the official website of University of Texas at San Antonio.
- When you are on the front page, move your cursor to the top of the page and find myUTSA and click it.
- Then, click Blackboard Learn, the second one included in the Student Resources. By clicking it, you will be taken to the login page.
- On the login page, you will have to enter two things: MyUTSA ID and password.
- After entering everything, it is time for you to press the Login button.
- If the information that you provide is right, you should be able to be inside your Blackboard profile just like that.
In case you forgot your password, keep calm as there is nothing to worry. The good news is that there is a way that you can follow in this kind of case. It is to reset the password. If you have no idea how to do it, you can follow these following steps:
- Firstly, go to the official Blackboard page of UTSA at https://sso-dl.it.utsa.edu/idp/profile/SAML2/POST/SSO?execution=e1s1.
- After that, click on the Forget/Reset passphrase link, which is located under MyUTSA ID and password.
- In the new page, you will be able to see a total of four options: Take the Passphrase Tour, Enter Your Contact Info, Duo Setup Authentication, and Reset Your Passphrase. As you are going to reset the passphrase, the one that should be chosen is the last one. To choose it, click the Begin Reset button.
- In order to request a passphrase reset code, you will have to enter your myUTSA ID, your cellphone number, and the non-UTSA email address.
- When everything is done, it is time for you to press the Submit button.
- If you entered the cellphone number, the next thing that you have to do is to open the SMS text message from TechCafe@utsa.edu.
- Then, enter your myUTSA ID and reset the code from the text message before clicking Submit. Please do it as soon as possible as the reset code will expire within two hours of its delivery.
- Afterward, enter a new passphrase twice and then click Save Passphrase. Talking about the passphrase, there are no restrictions on the kinds of characters that you can use or you cannot use. However, it must be at least 15 characters. Also, there should be no common phrases, patterns of numbers and letters, similar to the previous one. In addition, it should not be able to be guessed easily. If you are black and do not know how to create a good passphrase, there are several ways to come with one, including creating a sentence, creating an acronym, and creating a string of several words.
- If the process is successful, you should get a confirmation in the form of a text message notifying that you have successfully reset your passphrase.
- If you entered the non-UTSA email address instead of the cellphone number, after clicking Submit, go to your email and log in.
- Then, find the email sent by TEchCafe@utsa.edu and open it.
- Please follow the guide included in the email. Just like the one sent via cellphone, the reset code sent via email will also expire within two hours of its delivery.
- Next, enter a new passphrase twice and then click Save Passphrase.
- In the end, you should be able to get a confirmation email that you have successfully reset your passphrase.
In case you requested a passphrase reset code but you did not receive the text message or email, the best thing that you can do is to visit a UTSA Support Office such as Student Computing Lab, Tech Café, and so on, in person with your picture ID. Another way that you can do is to contact Tech Café by calling its phone number, which is 210-458-5555.
If you did not get a confirmation text message or email, for the text message, you are advised to log in to Update Passphrase Reset Contact Information and Duo to review your contact information. Make sure to double check the cellphone number and provider as it should be correct. As for email, you are suggested to check the email Junk/Spam folder. Remember to add TechCafe@utsa.edu to your Safe Senders list. In case you still have not find the email from TechCafe@utsa.edu even after doing it, you must check the email address.