University of Texas at San Antonio has a learning management system that is used by the students, the faculty, and the staff. The name of the system is Blackboard Learn. In the portal, the students of the university are able to do a lot of things, including viewing the course items and course announcements, taking assignments and tests, participating in discussions, interacting with the instructor and class, accessing the original and Ultra courses, and so on.
Accessing UTSA Blackboard on the computer or laptop might be a bit hard for some people, especially the ones who usually spend most of their time outside. Fortunately, everyone is able to access the portal anywhere they want with the app version which is available for Android and iOS.
Details of Blackboard on App Store:
- Seller: Blackboard Inc.
- Category: Education
- Size: 147 MB
- Compatibility: iPhone (requires iOS 11.0 or later), iPad (requires iPadOS 11.0 or later), iPod touch (requires iOS 11 or later)
- Language: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Hebrew, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Maori, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Price: Free
Details of Blackboard on Play Store:
- Updated: August 30, 2021
- Current Version: 6.8.0
- Size: 203M
- Requires Android: 6.0 and up
- Installs: 5,000,000+
- Offered by: Blackboard Inc.
If you are a user of Android, you can get it from Google Play Store and as for those the iOS users, you have to go to App Store to get it. In order to download and install Blackboard app, below is step by step to follow:
- The first thing that you need to do is to go to App Store or Google Play Store from your phone or tablet, depending on your device.
- When you are there, find the app named Blackboard by using the search bar.
- After finding the app, install it on your device.
- Once you have successfully downloaded and installed the app, the next thing that should be done is to open the app and look for University of Texas at San Antonio.
- When you find your university among the list, you can log in to the portal called Blackboard Learn by entering the username and password.
Apparently, the Blackboard app support iOS Touch ID as well as Android fingerprint login. When you have it set up on your device, you can log in to the app named Blackboard by just using your fingerprint. If you find it interesting, here is everything to follow:
- Firstly, you should log in to the Blackboard app by entering your username and password.
- When you are asked to use Touch ID or fingerprint login, please tap Continue. For those who have already logged in to the app, you can access Settings from the main menu of the app. Then, tap Touch ID and enable it.
Aside from Touch ID, Blackboard app also supports iOS Face ID. Unfortunately, this service is not available for the Android users as of now.
After you are logged in Blackboard app, you will be presented with several menus, including:
- Profile: It is where your personal information is shown, including your name and your picture.
- Activity Stream is the default initial screen. The activity steam is where you are able to see a list of important course activity such as new content, announcements, and grades. This one instantly focuses on the items that can help you more focus on the tasks that you want to take care at the moment. You can tap the menu icon if you want to navigate to your courses or some other features.
- Course and Organizations: You can choose Course and Organizations if you want to see all the courses and organizations where you are enrolled. Please tap a either a course or organization card to get the access.
- Grades: You can choose it if you want to see a quick view of your overall grades for all courses. The grade can be shown of letter, percentage, or points depending on the settings of the instructor for the course. If you want to view your graded work, please tap a course grade.
- Due dates: This menu allows you to know about your upcoming coursework. The course items will be shown in this menu if your instructor specified due dates for them.
The information is everything about UTSA Blackboard app for students. If you are an instructor, there is another Blackboard app for instructor that can be found on Google Play Store and App Store. You can go there to find the details.
Apart from UTSA Blackboard app, University of Texas at San Antonio also has another app, which is UTSA Mobile. Just like UTSA Blackboard app, this one is also available on Google Play Store for Android users and on App Store for those who use iOS.
Details on Google Play Store:
- Updated: May 24, 2021
- Current Version: 2021.04.1300 (build 10234)
- Size: 9.8 MB
- Required Android: 4.0 and up
- Installs: 10,000+
- Offered by: The University of Texas at San Antonio
Details on App Store:
- Seller: The University of Texas at San Antonio
- Category: Education
- Size: 67.2 MB
- Compatibility: iPhone (requires iOS 12.0 or later), iPad (requires iPad iOS 12.0 or later), iPod touch (requires iOS 12.0 or later), Mac (requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip)
- Languages: English, French
- Price: Free
If you want to know more about this app, you can go to the official website of University of Texas at San Antonio. In addition, you can also go to Google Play Store and App Store. In the app, there are a lot of things that you can find, including DEV: Fall Template, Teaching Resources, Proctorio, Communication, Announcements, Syllabus, Contact your instructor, Course Messages, Coursework, Live Sessions, Content, Discussion, Tools, Grades, Help, Student Support, and Blackboard Help.