University of Texas at San Antonio has a portal that is made for every student of the university to access their information and their academic records at UTSA. The name of the portal is ASAP. As a student, it is needed for you to log in to almost everything, including ASAP. To be able to access ASAP, you will have to active your myUTSA ID first. Then, how to active your myUTSA ID?
Once you have successfully applied to University of Texas at San Antonio, you should receive an email that is sent by the university through myUTSAaccount@utsa.edu. Please go to your email and find the one. The email consists of a link and the guide to active your myUTSA ID. After activating your myUTSA ID, you can use it and passphrase to log into ASAP.
In case you did not manage to find the email sent by University of Texas at San Antonio to activate your myUTSA ID, you are suggested to contact the One Stop Enrollment Center at 210-458-8000. By dialing the number, you will be asked to confirm your identity and after that, you will be sent another activation email.
For everyone who forgot the password or passphrase, you will need to reset it by following these steps:
- First of all, visit this link here.
- Then, choose Reset Your Passphrase by pressing the Begin Reset button.
- If you want to request a passphrase reset code, you will have to enter your myUTSA ID, your cellphone number, and the non-UTSA email address.
- When everything is done, it is time for you to press the Submit button.
- If you entered the cellphone number, the next thing that you have to do is to open the SMS text message from TechCafe@utsa.edu.
- Then, enter your myUTSA ID and reset the code from the text message before clicking Submit. Please do it as soon as possible as the reset code will expire within two hours of its delivery.
- After that, enter a new passphrase twice and then click Save Passphrase. Talking about the passphrase, there are no restrictions on the kinds of characters that you can use or you cannot use. However, it must be at least 15 characters. Also, there should be no common phrases, patterns of numbers and letters, similar to the previous one. In addition, it should not be able to be guessed easily. If you are blank and do not know how to create a good passphrase, there are several ways to come with one, including creating a sentence, creating an acronym, and creating a string of several words.
- If the process is successful, you should get a confirmation in the form of a text message notifying that you have successfully reset your passphrase.
- If you entered the non-UTSA email address instead of the cellphone number, after clicking Submit, go to your email and log in.
- Then, find the email sent by TechCafe@utsa.edu and open it.
- Please follow the guide included in the email. Just like the one sent via cellphone, the reset code sent via email will also expire within two hours of its delivery.
- Next, enter a new passphrase twice and then click Save Passphrase.
- In the end, you should be able to get a confirmation email that you have successfully reset your passphrase.
If you are in the situation when you activate your myUTSA ID, but you still cannot access ASAP, you are advised to click the same Forgot/Reset Passpharse link to reset the login information. If you failed to reset the passphrase because you did not set up the contact/reset information, please reach out One Stop Enrollment Center at 210-458-8000 and ask for them to re-send the link.
There are a lot of things that you can do in UTSA ASAP. One of them is to apply for graduation. Applying for a graduation through UTSA ASAP is free and it does not take too much of your time. If you are a student who wants to apply for graduation online, here is everything that you should follow:
- The first thing that you have to do is to log in to ASAP.
- Once you are in, find the Student Services tab and click it.
- Then, click the Student Records link.
- The third thing that should be clicked is the Graduation link.
- Lastly, click the Graduation Application link to complete the application.
Please complete everything well. If there is no confirmation number at the end of the application process, it means the application has not been submitted. You will get an email through your myUTSA account approximately two weeks after the deadline in the semester that you applied.
One of the most interesting about UTSA ASAP is that you can answer a survey or vote in the SGA elections in this portal. If you want to answer a survey or vote in the SGA elections in ASAP, you can follow this following guide:
- Firstly, you must log in to ASAP.
- After logging in, click the Personal Information tab.
- Then, click the Answer a Survey link.
- In the next step, choose the survey or election ballot link that you want to answer.
- Please read the guide well in the Survey/Questions page.
- After answering a question or voting in an election, you can click the Next Question button. There will be a Return to Beginning or Survey button if there are no more questions. You will have to click the button to return to the beginning of the survey or election or click Survey Complete if you want to submit your answer or cast your vote.
- Do not forget to log out of ASAP when you are done with everything.
It should be easy for you to log in to UTSA ASAP if you follow the guide above well. If you find it hard, you can contact UTSA by calling 210-458-4011.