There is good news for students. If you are a student, you are able to get an amazing deal on Spotify that combines movies, TV, and music. When you sign up for a Spotify Premium account, you are offered with an even bigger bundle with Hulu and Showtime subscriptions. It is really interesting, right? Go check the information below to know more about it.
Checking If You Are Eligible for Spotify Premium Bundle
It should be noted that the Spotify Premium Student deal is only available to every subscriber who meets specific qualifications. Those who are eligible include students that are enrolled in any U.S. Title IV accredited college or university. Besides, in order to be eligible, they also have to be age 18 or older.
If you want to renew your subscription, you can do it every year you are in school for up to four years total. For anyone who graduates or leaves school after renewal, your subscription will continue for up to 12 months, after which you will need to convert to a standard Premium account.
The Price of Spotify Premium Bundle
There are a number of plants offered by Spotify for you to choose from. The first one is a free ad plan. This one is perfect for those who do not want to spend anything. However, if you want to get the best features, you will have to open your pocket for a premium plan. If you have a new subscription, you can try a one month trial.
The price of Spotify Individual is $9.99 per month. By purchasing it, you will get a good experience with no ads. Not only that, you will also get a number of offline features. If you want to share with your loved one, Spotify Duo that costs $12.99 per month is the perfect option. This one offers you 2 premium accounts and an additional shared playlist that comprises both of your favorite tracks. If you want to share with more than one person, get Spotify Family. This costs $15.99 per month. It has 6 premium accounts and it offers a joint family playlist and allows you to block explicit songs.
Compared to Spotify plants, Hulu’s basic, ad supported plan is cheaper. It costs $6.99 per month. As for Showtime, it is $10.99 per month. Apparently, the Spotify Premium Student bundle costs $4.99 per month. It is way cheaper compared to the money that you have to spend if you purchase all the three separately, which is $27.97 per month.
- Spotify Premium: $10
- Hulu (ad-supported): $6
- Showtime: $11
- Spotify Bundle: $5
- Spotify Premium: $120
- Hulu (ad-supported): $60
- Showtime: $99
- Spotify Bundle: $60
Signing Up for Hulu and Spotify Premium Bundle
If you want to use the Spotify Premium Bundle, the first thing that you have to do is to make sure that you already have the Spotify Premium Student plan. To be able to sign up, go to the official website of Spotify at https://www.spotify.com. When you are there, find Premium located in the top menu bar and click it. Then, choose View Plans and click Get Started located under the Student option. For those who already have a free account with Spotify, you can just log in to your account and then tap the Upgrade button. By doing so, you will be taken to a page where you will have to fill out a number of fields. In this step, you will also need to verify your college or university which Spotify does through a third party service known as SheerId. After getting verified, it is time for you to add your payment information and it is done.
Connecting Spotify to Hulu
After signing up for Spotify Premium Student, the next thing that you have to do is to activate or connect your Hulu account. There are two methods to do that, as follows:
Method 1: For those who do not have a Hulu account
- First of all, you should go to your Spotify Account page, which is located under your Profile in the top right menu.
- Please choose Activate Hulu in your Account Overview section.
- You will need to follow the prompts and fill out any necessary information to be able to activate your Hulu account.
- After activating it, log into Hulu with your Spotify account credentials.
Method 2: For those who already have a Hulu account
- Firstly, you will have to make sure that it is not billed through a third part such as Disney Plus. If it is billed through such a thing, it will be needed for you to cancel and connect a new Hulu account.
- The second thing that you need to make sure is that you are using the same email for both your Spotify and Hulu accounts. If the emails are different, please change your Hulu email in order to match the one that you used for Spotify.
- After that, you can just follow the same steps mentioned above to be able to connect your accounts.
Connecting Spotify to Showtime
Not only activating or connecting your Hulu account, you will also have to activate or connect your Showtime account through Spotify. Please cancel the Showtime account first if you already have it.
Canceling Spotify Premium Bundle
In case you want to cancel the Student Premium Student, the process to do that will not take too much of your time. Here is every single step to follow:
- Firstly, you have to make sure that you are logged into your account.
- Then, find your plan in the Account Overview section.
- After finding it, choose a Change Plan.
- Next, scroll down to Spotify free and then tap Cancel Premium.
- Lastly, confirm your decision and just like that your premium subscription will be canceled.
Apparently, your subscription will not officially end until after the billing cycle is complete. It means you will have the rest of the month to enjoy your premium subscription even if you cancel in the middle of the month.