Learning geography does not have to be boring. You are able to learn geography while having fun with the Seterra Geography map quiz app for iPad and iPhone. Well, let us talk about the Seterra Geography map quiz app here.
Seterra Geography Map Quiz App for iPad and iPhone
We get information that Marianne Wartoft AB announced the launch of the Seterra Geography map quiz app for iOS (iPad and iPhone. Seterra’s map activities inspire the users to master geography easily and quickly via fun games and quizzes. For your information, the classic online version of the Seterra map game has more than one million users per month. Now, the users are able to enjoy a mobile version of the famous geography learning game which includes more than 100 activities to teach and test knowledge of the maps and flags.
Before the students learn more advanced subjects, it is crucial to have a solid mastery of geography. When the world becomes more connected, then geography knowledge becomes more important as a way for the students to make sense of the world news. First launched in the year of 1998 by founder Marianne Wartoft in Sweden, Seterra became the standard geography education software for Swedish schools. Seterra’s online version, which was released in 2011, is available in 30 languages.
Because of demand from Seterra’s users, Marianne Wartoft AB made the mobile version. Wartoft AB said that Seterra has spread from Sweden to all over the world. The iOS version is the next step in this process of making geography quizzes available to more people who want to learn geography. The Seterra app makes learning geography fun. Through interesting gameplay, the users are motivated to learn the locations of cities, capitals, states, and countries. Also, Seterra app includes bodies of water, mountains and volcanoes, as well as the flags.
Fun for kids or adults, Seterra app is used by geography students at school as well as by geography fans of all ages. With competitive features, Seterra app is ideal for school geography competitions, family game night or trivia games. Seterra app offers map practice activities, tracks progress across several categories, and those sessions are timed and graded for accuracy.
Seterra app lets the users advance at their own pace while encouraging them to continue to learn regarding geography. High-score lists inspire the students to replay categories. The leaderboards show the top ten high scores for more than 100 categories including: world flags, 25 largest cities, US state capitals, mountain ranges, islands, and planets of the solar system. Of course, the teachers are able to use the Seterra app with any size group or with individual students to motivate self-directed learning. Outstanding content and an easy interface make Seterra app an interesting geography-quiz program. For your information, the Seterra new geography map quiz app for iPad and iPhone is available for US$1.99 in English, Spanish, French, German, and Swedish. In addition, programming for the iOS version was provided by Interactive Solutions. The Seterra new geography map quiz app has no ads or in-app purchases.
Test Your Knowledge About Geography with Seterra Geography App
Seterra app has the geography category covered. You are able to test your knowledge about Geography with the Seterra Geography app. The famous online and desktop-based map quiz classic which has been entertaining and educating geography fans for more than 20 years has gone mobile.
Now, you are able to take on the world or conquer one region at a time. Seterra app includes 300+ different games to test your own map skills. You will be able to learn to distinguish Tasmania from Tanzania and France’s bleu, rouge flag from Russia’s white, blue and red stripes. Cities, capitals, countries, continents and bodies of water are all in the mix. Simply, you are able to find out Kilimanjaro and Mount McKinley in the mountains test or find exotic islands in the far flung reaches of the globe when attempting the world islands quiz.
For those who are a little rusty on their United States capitals or vague on the current status, now they are able to browse categories and shore up their own knowledge base using the Learn Mode. When they are ready to test their memory, an interactive map identification task is only a click away.
Seterra New Geography Map Quiz Categories
- The users are able to identify continents and the locations of countries within each.
- The users are able to discover states, territories, provinces, and capitals.
- The users are able to discover oceans, seas and rivers across the globe.
- The users are able to explore mountain ranges and volcanoes.
- The users are able to match flags to the right country.
- The users are able to find the world’s 25 largest cities.
- The users are able to select from 40+ different tests on United States Geography.
Seterra New Geography Map Quiz – App Features
Here are some features of the app:
- The app is available in English, Spanish, French, German, Swedish and many more languages.
- Zoomable maps with obvious outlines around countries.
- The app has an ability to track progress across several categories.
- Leaderboards will show top scorers for each challenge.
- The users are able to create a My Favorites list of preferred games for easy access.
- The users are able to create custom quizzes by choosing a subset of the questions in an existing quiz.
- There are unlimited chances to retake a segment and increase the score.
- There are no ads or in-app purchases.
- Offline play is supported.
- The users are able to create their own custom quizzes. Start with any quiz, choose a subset of the questions, and then save it as a custom quiz.
This Seterra Geography map quiz app gives trivia contests a new spin and makes the game fun. The teachers are able to put the social back in social studies with lively Geo Bee matches. There is a wide variety of content to challenge your friend or family, or to prove that you are smarter than others.