For those who want to know what Schoology LAUSD is, you are able to read this entire article. Here we are going to reveal that information and also some information related to Schoology LAUSD. Please ensure you do not miss any information here.
What is Schoology LAUSD?
Schoology LAUSD is a learning management system used by Los Angeles Unified School District. It allows users to organize curriculum, make lesson plans, and provide student assessment. The Schoology LAUSD platform allows for peer collaboration and also engagement through private or public discussion forums and cross-application.
You are going to see three main areas: Courses, Groups, and Resources, and several icons and your name on the upper right. No matter where you are on the site, this top navigation is always available. Ensure to familiarize yourself with it, because you are going to be using it a ton. If you are a system admin or have Advisor access, you could see an additional area named Tools. Keep in mind that Schoology streamlines navigation. There are some ways to get basically anywhere you want to go, so you do not hesitate to try something new and see what happens.
Logging into Schoology LAUSD
To login to Schoology, there are some options to select: For parents, students, employees, and student QR code.
Here are steps to login for parents:
- At the first step, you have to choose to login as parents.
- Then, you have to submit your email address correctly.
- After that, you are able to enter your password.
- Lastly, click login button.
- Username is the email address which you used for account registration.
- Session times out after 60 minutes.
- If you want to change the email address associated with your account, you have to sign in using old email address. Account edits are able to be made once you logged in successfully.
Here are steps to login for students:
- At the first step, you have to choose to login as students.
- Then, you have to enter your full LAUSD email address.
- After that, you are able to enter your own password correctly.
- Lastly, simply click login button.
Here are steps to login for employees:
- At the first step, you have to choose to login as an employee.
- Then, you have to enter your full LAUSD email address.
- After that, you are able to enter your password correctly.
- The last step, click login button.
Login using Student QR code
Here are steps to login by using Student QR code:
- Please hold your QR code to the camera.
- Schoology needs access to your camera. To unblock your camera, you are able to check your browser’s preferences or visit The Help Center
If you have any issues, or lost your QR code, you have to ask your teacher for help.
Schoology for Students
Please do not use the Schoology app. They have been informed that the Schoology app is not fully functional and cannot connect to other apps, making it difficult to upload assignments. So, once again, do not use the Schoology app on your iPad. Instead, please follow these steps below:
- On your ipad, you are able to open SAFARI.
- Then, go to lms.lausd.net.
- After that, choose STUDENT.
- Now, enter your LAUSD email address.
- Next, enter your password.
- Make a shortcut on your homescreen by tapping the square with an arrow pointing up, choose ADD TO HOME SCREEN.
- The next step that you have to do is to change the icon title and type SCHOOLOGY.
- Please tap ADD on the top right.
- Now, you should have an “icon” on your homescreen as a shortcut to Schoology via Safari.
Accessing Schoology from an iPad or Mobile device
Here are some steps to access Schoology from an iPad or Mobile device:
- Firstly, download the Schoology app.
- In the white school search box, you are able to type “lms.lausd.”
- After that, you have to select Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Now, you have to choose your role as “students.”
- Please log in with your LAUSD Parent Portal Account email and password.
Accessing Schoology from a desktop/laptop computer
Here are some steps to access Schoology from a desktop/laptop computer:
- At the first step, you have to go to “lms.lausd.net”
- After that, choose “Students”
- Please log in with your LAUSD Parent Portal Account email and password
How to reset the Schoology password?
Here are some steps to reset Schoology password:
- Please open your Agenda Planner. (The students should have written their information from their Personalization Paper).
- Visit mylogin.lausd.net
For note: Changing your password on mylogin.lausd.net will be able to change your password for your LAUSD email, Google Classroom, Schoology and Naviance.
Schoology LAUSD Parent Portal Registration Guide
- Firstly, register for an LAUSD account. Please provide all the required information: first name, last name, Email Address, Security image.
- After that, you are going to accept a thank you message.
- To complete your registration, you are able to check email for notification sent to complete the account registration process. Please activate your account by clicking on the blue link “Activate my LAUSD account.”
- Now, you have to enter your Email and Password. Read the criteria for making an acceptable password. For you to Re-enter Password, you need to meet the Password criteria. Passwords must match before you are able to submit.
- Next, you are going to receive a notification that your LAUSD Account is Activated. Just click on the first logo, Parent Portal, to the right of the screen.
- Afterwards, you have to choose Parent Login.
- Now, you are able to log in by using your email and password.
- You are going to be asked if you want to receive the Parent-Student Handbook via email. Choose “Yes” or “No” and click submit.
Finally, you have successfully made your LAUSD Parent Portal Account. The next step is to add your student.