Are you parents of El Paso Independet School District (EPISD) students? If so, you may know that parents can have an account which can be linked to the account of their children. EPISD uses Schoology and parent can have an account to be able to access it. How to do that? Let’s find out the information about schoology for parent of EPISD students here.
Logging in to Schoology for Parent
Starting in the Spring Semester of 2017 – 2018, parents have an account which is able to be linked with the accounts of their children. When parents log in to their account, you will see that there is an interface like Facebook. This interface connects them to the district Schoology page and also the school pages where their kids attend and each classroom of the kid.
By having this parent account, parents can see what their children are working on their classes. It is important to note that schoology will not take the place of Parent Portal. Parents will have to log in to Parent Portal to get the most current information about student grades and attendance. But, In schoology, parents will be given the most up to date information about assignments and classroom resources.
Basically, to login, usually you have to enter your username and password and it seems that you have to access Schoology first to login. In the website of Schoology, there is a Login button which can be found at the top right of the page. Make sure that you have signed up. If not, you can signed up first by clicking on the Sign Up button near Log In button and then choose Parent. After that, you have to enter the access code which is provided by the instructor of your child. According to Schoology site, here are the steps for parents to sign up to Schoology.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access the official website of Schoology in your browser. The website is www.schoology.com.
- Then, in the top right of the home page, you have to hover over Sign Up.
- After that, you will see that there are three options including Instructor, Students, and Parent. Since you are parent, choose Parent from the options.
- You have to make sure that you have received a Parent Access Code from the school of your child where the code is in this format: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. If you have received this code, enter the code in the Sign Up For Schoology field and then hit Continue button.
- After that, you have to enter your name, email address and password. After you log in, you will be able to browse the activity of your child by clicking the arrow to the right of your name and choosing the name of your child from the top right drop down menu.
- Also, you have the option to associate additional children using Schoology with this accunt. Do you want to associate additional children? If so, you have to click the down-facing arrow in the top right of your Schoology account and then choose Add Child. And then, enter the Parent Access Code of your other child or children.
Now, you have successfully registered for Schoology and you are able to view the activity of your child.
Next time, when you are logging in to Schoology again, you can do it by using an email address or username depending on how your account was set up. According to Schoology website, here are the steps to log into the Schoology for parents.
- First, you have to access app.schoology.com.
- After that, you have to enter your email and password in each of the fields.
- And then, you must click on the Log In button.
If you log into Schoology using username, here are the steps to follow.
- First, you have to access app.schoology.com.
- Then, you have to enter your username, password and the name of the school of your child. How to find the school? You have to enter the name of the school in the School or Postal Code field. When you type, a menu will appear and it enables you to choose the school.
- Now, you have to choose the school from the list.
- In this step, you can check the box to Remember My School but this is optional. If you set this, it will save your school on the current device and browser.
- At last, you have to click on Log In.
There is also single sign-on (SSO) login which permits you to login to Schoology using a password shared by another system such as Office 365, Google Apps, or another system at your school. If the school of your child authenticates users with SSO, you can follow the steps below to login.
- First, access app.schoology.com.
- Then, you have to click on SSO Login.
- Here, you have to choose the school of your child from the list.
- Now, you must check the box to Remember my School but this is optional.
- Then, the Log In button must be clicked.
- Now, you will see that the SSO screen shows where you can enter your login credentials.
To get a clear steps for logging in to Schoology for parents of EPISD students, you are able to call the Help Desk at 915-230-2601.
Distributing Parent Access Code by Instructor
As explained above about logging in to Schoology for parents that parents will need parent access code so that they are able to log in to Schoology and can link their account to their child’s account.
Instructors are able to find the parent access code in a green box in the Members area of the course. To download a .cvs of parent access code, instructors have to click on the link. When instructors download the file, then their computer will prompt them to save the file to a certain location. It is recommended for them to save the file to a location where they can find the file easily.
After instructors download the file, they can distribute the parent access code to parents and ask them to create a new Schoology account which will be automatically associated with their child.