According to research, the industry of Salesforce Administrator is predicted to reach $5 billion by 2022 from a sum of about $180 million. Thus, many major organizations are looking for certified Salesforce Admin professionals. This page consists of the questions which are usually asked during a Salesforce Admin interview.
The Salesforce Admin Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers
Here is a list of the Salesforce Interview questions along with detailed answers:
- What is Salesforce?
Salesforce is a customer relationship management (CRM) platform which connects businesses with their customers. This is a single, integrated CRM platform which gives a standard shared picture of every customer to all of your departments, including marketing, sales, commerce, and service. Also, it allows you to store the data on a secure Cloud. Not only does the platform include a lot of services and tools for relationship management, but it also helps in app development. As a result, Salesforce will allow you to operate your business from anywhere.
- What is CRM?
CRM is an acronym for Customer Relationship Management. It describes an application which helps businesses automate and digitize sales and marketing activity to manage and increase revenue. Sales and marketing professionals leverage features of CRM to attract and retain customers and clients, so that increasing sales.
There are 4 CRM initiatives as following:
- Customer acquisition
- Customer retention
- Customer churn
- Customer win-back
- What are the duties of a Salesforce Admin?
The main responsibilities and duties of a Salesforce Admin include:
- Handle administrator functions and routine tasks, including the user account maintenance, workflows, dashboards and reports.
- Do routine internal system audits and also prepare the system for possible upgrades
- Assist in training new Salesforce users and help the staff improve their Salesforce skills.
- Observe Salesforce data feeds.
- Function as a liaison between users, vendors, and the development teams.
- Work with the organization’s management teams to make appropriate processes which benefit all administrative, change management, and development activities
- What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing is a scalable, on-demand networked system of remote servers hosted on the internet which enables the users to store, retrieve, manage, and process information remotely, replacing on-site infrastructure.
Cloud computing comes in three main forms:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS), which also occurs to be what Salesforce is based on
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Name at least 6 CRM (Customer Relationship Management) providers!
CRM (Customer Relationship Management) providers include:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- NetSuite CRM
- Oracle CRM
- Sage CRM
- Salesforce CRM
- SAP CRM
- How many different editions does Salesforce have?
Salesforce has 5 different editions. They are:
- Developer, allowing the developers to integrate Salesforce with other applications.
- Enterprise, for wide businesses.
- Essentials, for small businesses which want a quick start in CRM.
- Professional, targeted at enterprises which need full-featured CRM functionality.
- Unlimited, that includes Enterprise edition functionality, premium support, full mobile access, higher storage limits, unlimited custom apps, and more
For your information, Salesforce releases three updates a year (Winter, Spring, Summer).
- What is the difference between Salesforce.com and Force.com?
Actually, both of them are relatively the same but different in their functionality.
- Salesforce.com assists in building CRM-functionality-based applications, for example: an iPhone ‘app’ which stores contact details, makes phone calls, and has all the other standard functions of a phone.
- Force.com is utilized to customize a data model and a user interface, for example: an iPhone OS environment which can build and run apps.
- What are the available portals in Salesforce?
Apparently, there are three types of portals available in Salesforce. Here are they:
- Customer portal
This enables you to use the capabilities of the web as the ideal channel to deliver superior self-service.
- Partner portal
This allows partner users to log in to Salesforce via a separate site than that is utilized for your non-partner users.
- Self-service portal
The customers will be able to search for details regarding the organization using this portal.
- Why do you use Tabs in Salesforce? Mention the kinds of Tabs!
We use the Tabs to access an object’s data. In Salesforce, a list of tabs is found in the Tab menu.
There are three kinds of tabs:
- Custom tab
- Visualforce tab
- Web tab
- What is Database.com?
Database.com is a Data as a Service offering from Salesforce, specially designed to increase CRM application performance and efficiency.
Intermediate Salesforce Admin Interview Questions and Answers
In this section, we are going to share some intermediate Salesforce Admin interview questions and answers.
- What is Profile in Salesforce? Mention the kinds of Profiles!
In Salesforce, a profile is the same with settings and permissions. It is utilized to do different functions that are defined by the users. It is another method to manage records.
There are two kinds of profiles:
- Standard profiles: Profiles created by Force.com
- Custom profiles: Profiles created by users
Salesforce standard profiles are:
- Standard User
- Solution Manager
- Marketing User
- System Administrator
- What is the difference between Salesforce Profile and Salesforce Role?
Here is the difference between Salesforce Profiles and Salesforce Roles:
- Salesforce Profiles
Object and field-level access can be made using profiles, such as general permissions, read & write permissions, tab level permissions, and so on.
- Salesforce Role
They may offer record-level access using roles, such as organization-wide defaults, sharing rules, Role hierarchy, and manual sharing. For note: Record-level access is influenced by responsibilities.
- How to delete or freeze users in Salesforce.com?
Deleting a user is not possible in Salesforce.com, but we are able to deactivate the user by using the Freeze option. To freeze a user, just go to: Setup > Manage Users > Users. Find and click on the user, then click on Freeze.
- Mention the ways to store documents, files, and images in Salesforce!
We are able to store documents, files, and images in Salesforce.com as below:
- Google Drive
- Chatter Files
- What is Salesforce Lightning?
Salesforce Lightning is a component-based framework specially designed for business users unfamiliar with programming. The framework makes application development processes easier.