As explained on the Capital Info Solutions site, with a lot of diversifications of the Salesforce service portfolio and their management, there are a lot of designations of Salesforce related jobs which are evident and those are:
- Salesforce Administrators
- Salesforce Architects
- Salesforce App Builders
- Salesforce Developers
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Business Analyst
- Salesforce Sales Manager
So, there are many options for salesforce job aspirants to enter into an excellent career. There are a lot of candidates which are drawn to it because Salesforce is associated with better career, better salary, better job opportunities, offers from big multinational companies and worldwide operation of salesforce. However, it is important for you to note that you can get better opportunities if you are well-talented, trained and certified, and have hands-on experience on Salesforce.
Salesforce Administrator Career Path
A Salesforce administrator is a position which is the most demanding job today. This position is the key role in administering the Salesforce services for the company.
Here are some of the Salesforce Admin Career Paths according to the Capital Info Solutions site.
- Business Analyst
- Business Owner
- Data Manager
- Project Manager
Responsibilities of a Salesforce Administrator
The responsibilities that you have if you become a Salesforce administrator are able to be read below.
- You will be involved in implementation of salesforce into the business system.
- You have to manage the tests and updates of the system.
- You have to manipulate the changes and edit the system often.
- You have to manage Sales Cloud and Service Cloud applications.
- You have to ensure efficient functioning of various departments through reports and dashboards.
- You will be responsible for management of security and access, standard and custom objects.
- You will be responsible for user management, development and customizations.
- You will be responsible for email templates.
- You will be responsible for salesforce content and folder management.
- You will be responsible for training users on working on Salesforce.
If you become a Salesforce administrator, you will be involved in improving business values, deal with stakeholders, business partners and customers, and maintain healthy relationships with vendors. So, the role of the administrator isb important. The responsibilities also vary with hierarchy levels, complexity and users. If you want to be a Salesforce administrator, you need to have great knowledge of Salesforce CRM and platform. Besides, you also need to know the personal qualities that you need to have to be a Salesforce Administrator.
Personal Qualities to be a Salesforce Administrator
According to the Capital Info Solutions site, here are a number of personal qualities that you need to have as a Salesforce Administrator.
- You need to have great interpersonal skills and effective communication skills.
- You need to be able to withstand changes and accept them.
- You have to be keen in observing changes and deliver quick actions.
- You have to be logical to grasp the Salesforce environment and work accordingly.
- You need to have excellent teaching skills to be able to conduct training for the Salesforce team.
- You have to be technically skilled.
- You need to have critical thinking and be ready to think in a broad way.
- You need to be familiar with Sales concepts to be able to improve the CRM.
- You need to have the ability to deal with people regarding multiple contributions.
Salesforce Administrator Salary
The salary for a Salesforce Administrator job varies because it is based on experience and specialization. However, the salary of a Salesforce Administrator job usually is in the range below according to the Revolent site.
The average salary of a mid or senior level of a salesforce administrator in the US is $107,200 to $137,500.
The average salary of mid or senior level of a salesforce administrator in the UK is £47,300 to £58,500.
The average salary of mid or senior level of a salesforce administrator in Australia is $110,000 to $130,000.
It is important for you to note that the salary information which is presented above is sourced from the 2020-2021 Mason Frank Salary Survey. The survey also notes that there is a 10 to 15% difference in salaries because of some factors such as cost of living in that area, job location, years’ experience, skills required, and the complexity of the role.
If you become a salesforce developer, it means that you are into developing the codes involved in Salesforce platform. It means that you must have basic knowledge of Salesforce Administration or Salesforce CRM and also additional exceptional programming skills. If you want to be a salesforce developer, here are a number of responsibilities according to the Capital Info Solutions site.
- You must have knowledge in Salesforce Administration skills.
- You must be proficient in developing languages like JAVA, C++, C#, PHP, AngularJS and others.
- You need to have skills in building custom code such as Apex and Visualforce.
- You need to have the ability to design the data models, user interface, and business logic systems.
- You need to enhance security based on the specifications.
- You need to develop customized CRM applications.
- You need to be responsible for integration of salesforce with other tools.
- You need to be well-talented in the development of applications.
- You need to have the ability to blend the declarative and coding capabilities for design of customized apps.
Salesforce Technical Architect
In this position, you have to provide efficient working of the Salesforce ecosystem. You also will be responsible for integration of the salesforce to the business system, its smooth operations and changes, data load, scalability, and solutions for current and future trends of the salesforce.
Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant
If you become a Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant, you have to design solutions to optimize the Sales functions. Usually, you must have experience as a senior business analyst.
Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant
You must be experienced senior business analysts and as a Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant, you will be involved in designing the solutions for Service Cloud functions of Salesforce.