Rockhurst Student Portal is provided by Rockhurst University especially for their students. By using Rockhurst Student Portal, the students are able to complete their coursework and connect with the faculty and fellow students. If you are a student of Rockhurst University, or new to the Student Portal, you should read this information.
Login to Rockhurst Student Portal
Before you are going to login Rockhurst Student Portal, you need to ensure that you have created Rockhurst Portal account. After you have Rockhurst Portal account, then you are able to login Rockhurst Student Portal. There are some easy steps to login to Rockhurst Student Portal.
- At the first step, go to the page of Rockhurst Student Portal.
- In Rockhurst Portal Login, you have to enter your username.
- After that, you have to enter your password.
- Make sure that you submit your username or password correctly so that you can login successfully.
- Next, you are able to login by clicking ‘log in’.
- Finally, you will be able to do many things on the Student Portal.
Well, the text above is a method to login to the Rockhurst Student Portal. It is very easy to login to the Portal. Usually, the students always login successfully. After login to the Portal, they are able to do lots of things. As we mentioned above, on the Student Portal, the students are able to see their schedule, complete their coursework, check their grades, connect with the faculty and fellow students and more.
However, sometime you may get a little trouble when you login to the Portal. The issue like forget your password or username. In this case, if you have that problem, you do not worry. It will be able to solve it easily. You are able to click at ‘Forgot Password’ link if you cannot remember your password or click ‘Forgot Username’ if you forget your username. For those who cannot remember your password, you are able to click at ‘Forgot Password’. By clicking that ‘Forgot Password’ link, it will be taken you to the page where you are able to reset your password. When you are at the page of reset password, you need to enter your username to reset your password. So, submit your username correctly. Afterwards, you have to click ‘Next’. Then, follow the instructions to reset your password.
Rockhurst University allows the students ability to grant Parent/Guest Access via their Rockweb portal. Control of the Parent or Guest Access belongs to the student. It will enables direct communication between the student and the parent or guest regarding the student’s record, as given by the student. FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act) law restricts the release of confidential student information without the consent of the student. In a strive to balance the protections of FERPA with the student’s decision and desire to share their information with selected third parties, they have developed the program of Parent/Guest Access. For note: The student payment processes are accessed separately through the Student Account Center (SAC). At rockhurst.afford.com, a separate parent authorization and PIN is needed. If you want to get further information about Rockhurst University FERPA policy, visit the University Catalog.
Instructions for Parents/Guests
- After your student has added you as a Parent/Guest “Proxy” you are going to accept an email at the address provided by the student. Please give your student with the most secure email address. The email you accept will provide you with a URL link along with a temporary action password. You have to retain this password to make your new PIN.
- You are going to be directed to submit the temporary password and then to make a 6(min) to 15(max) character password for subsequent logins. Please use the temporary action password in the old PIN, then make your new PIN password.
- After making your password, you are going to be asked to complete a profile. Make sure that you complete all required information marked with a red to proceed. After the initial login, you are able to visit this link https://rockweb.rockhurst.edu for all subsequent logins and choose the Parent/Guest Menu.
- After your profile is completed, your student is going to grant you specific authorizations for you to access and view their academic related information. You are going to get an email listing these authorizations. For note: Financial account access to see and pay bills needs a separate authorization through the SAC (Student Account Center). An account will be set up at rockhurst.afford.com. The SAC parent authorization is utilized for bill payments and is separate from the Parent/Guest Portal that is used for access to academic information.
- If you forget your password, the student may make a new temporary password through the Parent or Guest Access account.
- In compliance with FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act), the student has the right to control that information is granted to the Parent/Guest Proxy.
- Probably, Proxy attempts to access the Parent/Guest Menu at work be blocked due to business firewalls which do not allow access to some outside internet websites. If this happens, the Proxy need contact their workplace network administrator to request access to the site.
- If a Parent or Guest access disappears after being granted, probably the dates set for access have expired. New access dates must be created to reestablish access. Also, this may mean that it was done intentionally. It is best for parent to contact your student to discuss the problem. Need to remember, the student is in complete control of access.
- Authorization given to a Proxy to access student information via the Parent Portal does not allow Rockhurst University School officials to discuss the student information with that third party unless a signed FERPA release is on file. For giving permission to Rockhurst University School officials to discuss the private educational information, the student need to submit the FERPA authorization to the Registrar’s Office.