Westerville City School District (WCSD) has used a great learning program, allowing the students, teachers and parents to stay connected. The PowerSchool educational program is such a real answer for educators to manage their students in one place.
Through the PowerSchool program, the educators are able to manage the students, give a student’s report and check the student’s attendance. Aside from that, the parents can also know their child’s attendance, real-time access grades and assignment completion.
Certainly, to know all the points that you will find in PowerSchool, both the WCSD parents, students and teachers should log into a certain portal first. You’re coming into the page as well, as this post will show you how to access the PowerSchool Westerville. Let’s see our post below!
How to Access the PowerSchool Westerville?
Both parent and student can access the portal to sign in at https://ps-wvil.metasolutions.net/public/home.html.
After clicking this link, you will be required to enter your username and password. Then, click on the ‘Sign In’ button. To note, the ParentPortal WCSD is currently closed until August.
For students, you can get username and password directly from your school staff. So, if you have an issue when logging in, you can contact your school directly. Meanwhile the parents can use the username and password that they have created when registration.
For WCSD teacher who want to access the PowerSchool, you can click this link. You also have to enter your username and password and click the ‘Sign In’ button.
For WCSD administrators and staff who want to access the PowerSchool program, you can go to this link. Just like the teachers, as an WCSD staff and administrators, you also need to enter username and password. Then, click on the ‘Sign In’ button to continue login.
Okay, those are login portals that you can visit to access the PowerSchool Westerville.
How to Create a Parent Account?
To access PowerSchool WCSD, the parents should create a parent account first. By creating an account, they are allowed to find the information for one or more students with a single sign-in. With the help of a parent portal, they can also manage their personal account preferences.
Here are your personal information that you need to enter in creating a parent account:
- Your First and Last Name
- Your Email (Used to send notifications and correspondence associated to parent account)
- Desired Username (Contained your username to identify your your unique PowerSchool identity)
- Password (Contained at least 8 characters long)
- Student Access Information (Provide the information including the student name, Access ID, Access Password, and the relationship to the student. The Westerville City School District (WCSD) provides the Access ID and Access Password in a letter from you student’s school before August 1)
- Email Verification (By attaching your email, you can get a verification link that you can click to sign in to the PowerSchool account within 24 hours after receiving the message. When the Parent & Student portal appears, you can then enter your username and password and click the Sign In button to start accessing your PowerSchool account).
What Can You Do on PowerSchool Westerville?
There are a number of activities that parents can do on PowerSchool. Of course, you can access your child’s grades and attendance, view the history, see your child’s report, find your child’s schedule and more. To make this program more understanding to use, we’ll show you some activities that you can do on the PowerSchool program, here are they:
- Linking the students to your account
After you have created an account on PowerSchool, you can link your child to your existing account. If you have multiple children, you do not need to create an account, as you can link some students into one parent account.
If you have added your child to your account, you can then see their information through your account. You can also edit or remove a student which is associated with your account by contacting your child’s school.
- To add the student to your existing account, you can do multiple steps below!
- To show the Account Preferences, you can click on the ‘Account Preferences’ option from the navigation menu.
- Then, click the Students tab.
- To add a student to your parent account, you need to click the Add icon on the Students tab.
- After that, the ‘Add Student’ dialog will appear.
- Here, you need to enter ‘ Student Access Information’ including the student name, Access ID, Access Password, and relationship to the student.
That’s it! You successfully link your children account to your existing account.
- Accessing a student’s grades and attendances
On the PowerSchool, you’re also allowed to access your child’s grades and attendances. Here’s how to access a student’s grades and attendance!
- After you log into PowerSchool, you will find a menu bar located at the top of the page.
- On the screen, you will find a complete information list including the student’s courses, grades, attendance and also teachers information.
- On the teacher’s name, you are able to send an email to your child’s teacher.
- You will also find a blue link which will take you to another screen which shows a list of individual projects, assignments and also class information. To find out the detailed information, you can click on the underlined items.
- On the Grades and Attendance button, you can find when your child was absent or tardy.
- To know the days and classes in which your child was absent or late, you can click on the numbers in the blue button.
- Then, if you want to review your child’s attendance history, you need to click the Chronic Absenteeism button.
- View your child’s reports
If you want to view your child’s reports, you can click on the ‘Student Reports’ button. Well, this is a place where your child’s report will be kept through Westerville experience.
- See graduation progress
Through the Graduation Progress, you can view your child’s four-year graduation plan and progress which are indicated by the use of a color coded bar. Here’s for each color indication:
- Dark green points earned credits
- Light green points enrolled credits
- Yellow points requested or planned credits
- Green checkmark points a requirement which has been completely satisfied.