In this modern era, everyone knows that the education system and the infrastructure to the education system have changed a lot. Everything must follow the era and nowadays, everything is done online. It is the reason why the schools use several platforms to support the students, the parents, the teachers, and some other ones. One of the most popular platforms is called PowerSchool.
PowerSchool refers to the student information system that is widely used by many. It is one of the best and one of the most favorite systems. It is currently used by millions of users around the world. With it, the students and the parents or guardians of the students are able to access a lot of things related to the students, including the grades, the assignments, the schedules, the attendance, transcripts, and many other ones.
To be able to access such information from PowerSchool, you will have to log in to the portal. Below is the common way to do it:
- Firstly, go to the PowerSchool page of your school or school district. The URL is different from one to another.
- When you are on the page, choose a language. There are five languages in total to choose from: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, and Arabic.
- Then, enter the username.
- The next thing that you have to do is to enter the password.
- Lastly, press the Sign In button.
Talking about PowerSchool, you need to know that the access to Home Base applications will be replaced by a single sign-on process that is offered by NCEdCloud. PowerSchool is one of the apps that is affected by the change, aside from Canvas, SchoolNet, and Student Portal access to Digital Tool (Clever). Basically, if you want to access PowerSchool, you will have to go through the IAM (Identity and Access Management) NCEdCloud system.
Accessing PowerSchool through the IAM NCEdCloud system requires you to use an IAM account. If you do not have one, please get one first by claiming it. Follow the instructions below to successfully claim yourIAM account:
- First of all, you will need to visit https://my.ncedcloud.org. Feel free to use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Then, press the Claim My Account button.
- After that, choose LEA Student Claim Policy and click next.
- The next thing that you should do is to enter the required information. There are a few things that you should take note of. First, Pupil Name refers to your Student ID number given by PowerSchool. Second, grades 6 to 13 have to enter the student grade for the current school year. Third, follow the required format for the birthdate with grades K-2. Fourth, LEA or Charter Code is 600. Please click next when you are done.
- The fifth step is to make a new password and verify. In order to make sure that your passwords match well, you are encouraged to type them once on every line. Keep in mind that it is a must for the passwords to be between 8 and 16 characters long, to have at least one uppercase character, one lowercase, and one numeric digit. Do not forget to click Next.
- In this step, you will have to answer all of the security questions. Answers to these kinds of questions are important in case you forget your password.
- Click Next upon answering all of these questions.
- In the end, a confirmation page will be displayed. Please print it and save it in a safe place.
After claiming your NCEdCloud (IAM) account, you might now want to log in to the NCEdCloud system to access PowerSchool. Here is step by step to do it:
- The first thing that you need to do is to go to NCED Cloud. Click on this link to take you there: https://idp.ncedcloud.org/idp/AuthnEngine#/authn.
- When you are there, choose NCEdCloud and then enter your username. Remember that the username is your Student ID. Please click Go.
- Then, enter the password. In case you forgot your username or you are claiming your account for the first time, keep in mind that the eScholar UID number is the former 9 or 10 digit NCWise Student. If you are a teacher or a staff member, then you can use the 10 digit State Employee UID or PowerSchool UID instead. If you have no idea where the Employee UID numbers are, they should be found in the UID system. Besides, they are also available to be seen in Payroll. It means there is a possibility for your Finance Department to help you locate this kind of number if you have a hard time. In fact, there are a lot of LEAs and Charter Schools that were already using the UID number to sign on to PowerSchool, meaning it is the same number or username that you already used to.
- After that, it is time for you to hit the Go button.
- Just like that you are logged in to the platform.
- After logging in to NCEdCloud, you will be able to see a few tabs located on the left side of the screen. these tabs include:
- Application: This one is where the apps are located, including PowerSchool.
- Profile: This one is where you are able to change your password or change the answers to your security questions.
- Files: This one will be empty.
- Workflow: This one will be empty.
As you want to go to PowerSchool, then you know which app to choose.
- In the end, you will end up in PowerSchool and be able to access a few things such as grades, school attendance, assignments, and so on.
The most excellent thing about accessing PowerSchool through the IAM NCEdCloud system is that it can be done by scanning the student QR code. To do it, you must be ready with your camera.
It should be easy for you to access PowerSchool whether you follow the steps above or you do it by scanning the QR code. You are recommended to seek help in case you find it hard.