If you have a plan to take an NPTEL online course, make sure to know the date to enroll before closing. Unfortunately, the enrollment for this year July – December 2021 has been closed. Instead, you can wait for enrollment for next year.
To enroll in the NPTEL online courses, you can do it through the Swayam website. So, if the NPTEL online courses are open, you can start to register via the Swayam website. Then, how to register for NPTEL online courses? No worries! Just find out the ways in our post, you will be able to register for NPTEL online courses easily.
Learn More About the NPTEL Online Courses Enrollment
The Enrolment for NPTEL online course is usually open in January to June and in July to December. Well, the enrollment for this year is closed, then the next enrollment for NPTEL online courses will be open in January 2022. So, just wait for it!
The online courses are generally provided for 505+ courses in Dec to Jan. 2021 semester. You can choose the course duration including 4-Week, 8-Week and 12-Week courses from any field.
Here are the additional information for enrollment in 2021:
- Courses start Dates : I Set – 18th January, 2021 & II Set – 15th February, 2021
- Enrolment Ends : I – 01st February, 2021 & II – 15th February, 2021
- Exam Dates : 21st March, 24th, 25th April, 2021
- Registration / Learning / Assessment : FREE of cost
- EXAM FEES (exam is optional, if certificate is required then separate registration is needed to appear in exam)
- If you register for the exam before Feb. 08, 2021, the exam fees will be Rs. 1000/- per exam.
- If you register for the exam between Feb. 09, to Feb. 15, 2021, the exam fees will be Rs. 1500/- per exam.
- For SC / ST / PWD Candidates and For economically weaker candidates, the exam fees will be 50%.
How to Register NPTEL Online Courses?
As we’ve mentioned, to enroll in the NPTEL online course can be performed via the Swayam website. Sure, enrolling in the NPTEL online course through the Swayam portal is pretty easy to do. So, let’s follow some steps below for registration!
Step 1: Visit the Swayam Website
- First, go to Swayam’s official site here.
- After you are at the Swayam homepage, click on the ‘NPTEL’ under the National Coordinator.
- Then, click on the ‘Sign-in/Register’ button that is available on the top right of the page.
- Here, you need to select any of the given options to login to the NPTEL page. Use Google as a sign-in option and use the same email address if you are an existing NPTEL learner.
Step 2: Find Out the NPTEL Courses
- To find out the upcoming NPTEL courses, you can access the link here.
- On that page, you can choose the courses that you want from the list. To ease your choice of course, you can also filter it using the Categories tab located on the left side of the page.
Step 3: Join the Proper Course
- Choose the courses from the NPTEL courses list. You can also choose the courses directly if you actually know the course name. Instead, you can click on the ‘Course Category – Interested In’ section.
- After you find the proper courses for you, you can click on it.
- Well, all details about the course will be available on the Course Page.
- If you’re sure, you can click on the ‘Join’ button to enroll in the course.
Step 4: Complete Your Profile
Once you choose a proper course, for the next step, you need to complete your profile. In the case of completing your profile, you may need to fill all mandatory fields, agree to terms and service and also the Join course.
If you complete your profile, you will get a confirmation message that you can find on the top of the course page. Aside from that, you will also receive a welcome email on joining the NPTEL course.
Step 5: Complete All the Entries
After completing your profile, you will then need to complete all the entries. If you get a question that says ‘Part of a SWAYAM Local Chapter?’, you should answer ‘Yes’. It will be also important and from drop down, you need to pick the SME name.
You will also need to pick the name of the institute you choose, for example: Institute for excellence in Higher Education, Bhopal. Then, enter your Roll number and then click the agree for conditions. Now, you can click on the ‘Review and Join Course’ button.
Step 6: Access the NPTEL Courses
If you successfully register for the NPTEL online course, you can now access your course and submit your zero assignment. To take the NPTEL online courses through the Swayam website, you need to click on your email shown on the top right of the page. If your email is already available, it means that your registration process is now completed.
Step 7: Get the Certificate
After you have completed all assignments in certain weeks, you will then receive the certificate from IITs, IIM and IISc. The NPTEL course test will be provided in online proctored examination on scheduled dates, separate registration is further needed with nominal fee. Moreover, the exam registration process/ link will be available on the Course page.
Some important notes:
- A candidate can register for any number of courses in any discipline as he/she wants to learn.
- Registration, learning and submission of online assignments are totally free.
- If you encounter any problem or may also need any clarification, you can contact Dr. R. K. Shrivastava, Coordinator & SPOC, SWAYAM-NPTEL Local Chapter, IEHE, Bhopal (M.P.), make a call at 9229487478 or send an email to @firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Are the Benefits of Joining NPTEL Online Course?
Sure, any online courses will deliver some benefits especially for learners. By joining the NPTEL courses, they can enhance their knowledge or improve some important materials that they have studied in their schools. Through a learning program with the audio video available, it will make them more understable to understand the topic.
Aside from that, the NPTEL courses seem to bridge people’s goal to pursue their career as they’re interested in. Here are the main benefits by joining the NPTEL courses:
- Students: credit transfer and better resume
- Faculty: Refresher courses, AICTE recognized FDP courses
- Working professionals: Upgrading and improving the skills