If you are a student of MCPS (Montgomery County Public Schools), you need to know about how to use MCPS zoom. It is because the learning process involves this application. So, how to use MCPS zoom for students? Here, we will guide you to use it.
Setting Up MCPS-Licensed Zoom Account For Students
To join a MCPS-hosted Zoom meeting, as a student, you will need to join it using your MCPS Google account. Before you join a meeting, you will have to set up your account. How to set up your MCPS-licensed zoom account? You are able to follow the instructions below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access https://mcpsmd.zoom.us.
- After that, you have to click on Login there.
- Now, you have to enter your MCPS Google email address (@mcpsmd.net) and then password to continue.
You are able to view your Zoom profile and settings. As a student, it may come up that you are able to host meetings, but other students and staff are not able to join or participate in their meetings. The goal of the account is to give you the ability to join your teacher’s meeting.
It is important for you to know that if you access the zoom website at zoom.us and then you decide to choose to login with Google, you are not signing in to your MCPS-licensed account. It will be associated with the free or basic version of Zoom. So, you have to make sure that you use the previous steps which are provided to be able to access Zoom for MCPS.
How to Join A Meeting
How to join a meeting? If you want to join a meeting, as an MCPS student you have to do the steps below.
- First, you have to click the Zoom meeting link which is provided by your teacher.
- Then, from the Zoom to Chrome window, you have to click Join from your browser. The Zoom application/ extension will be blocked for students.
- Next, you have to enter your name and then click on Join.
- In this step, you have to click on Sign Into Zoom when you get the message which states that this meeting is for authorized attendees only.
- Now, you have to enter your MCPS Google App account information if prompted to be put in the teacher’s waiting room.
It is important for you to know that if you are already signed in to a Chromebook or the Chrome browser with your MCPS account, you will be automatically logged in. When the first time you try to log in to a meeting, you may be brought to your Zoom profile page. If it happens, the thing that you have to do is to go back to your meeting link to now join the meeting. If you are prompted to confirm via email, you have to navigate to the email@example.com inbox to do it.
How to Join A Zoom Meeting From A Chromebook
If you want to join a Zoom meeting from a Chromebook, you are able to join and participate in a Zoom meeting by using the Zoom Chrome app. It is installed by default. In case you are using the Zoom app on a Chrome OS device, you have to sign in with SSO. How to sign in with SSO? You are able to follow the instructions below.
- First, you have to open the Launcher. It is the small circle which can be found at the bottom left of the screen on the Chromebook. Then, you have to choose the Zoom app.
- Next, you have to click on Sign In and then click on Sign In With SSO.
- You have to enter mcpsmd.zoom.us and then click on Continue.
- Now, you have to sign in by using your @mcpsmd.net username and password as well.
- Well, now you are signed in to the app and you are able to join or start a meeting.
How To Join A Meeting From iOS or Android
You are also able to join and participate in a Zoom meeting from an Android or iOS phone by using the Zoom app. You can follow the instructions below to use it.
- First, you have to download the Zoom application for the OS of your phone.
- After you install the app, then you have to get started the zoom with your android.
You have to open the Zoom app that you have installed and then sign in to your account to access all features. Also, you are able to join a meeting without having to sign in. You are able to tap the gear icon to be able to access basic meeting settings if you want to join without signing in. You are able to see the guides of using Zoom by accessing support.zoom.us.
How to Solve Some Problems When Accessing Zoom
What should we do if we face some problems when accessing Zoom? It depends on what kind of error that you face. If you try to log into Zoom but then you get a Google 403 error when you are using the Google Chrome browser, you may be signed into a non-MCPS G Suite account. You are able to make sure that you sign out of Chrome from this account and then sign in to Chrome or make a new Chrome profile by using your MCPS account before you navigate to the training. But, if you are not using the Google Chrome browser, you are able to access https://www.google.com and then you have to look in the upper right-hand corner to determine which account is signed into Google Apps. If you see that you are signed into a non-MCPS G Suite account, you are able to click your profile icon and then click on Sign Out.
If you try to join a meeting prior to making your Zoom account, you will have to be brought back to your Zoom profile. So, you have to return to the original site where you found your Zoom meeting link and then you have to click it again.
If you try to log in to Zoom and you are prompted to confirm email, it happens because you made a personal Zoom account before MCPS made an account for you. To convert your personal Zoom account into MCPS account, you will be brought to verify your email. If you click the blue Verify button, you must navigate to your student Gmail inbox and then find the email from Zoom titled Confirm The Changes To Your Account. You have to open this email and click the Verify button. You will be brought back to the site of Zoom where you will be asked to confirm once again.