If you are (Montgomery County Public Schools) MCPS students, knowing how to find MCPS resources folder is important. If you do not know how to access it, you will not be able to study in MCPS. Accessing MCPS resources folder is very easy and you are able to follow the steps that we will explain below.
How To Find MCPS Resources Folder
The tutorials about finding MCPS Resources Folder can be watched on Youtube at Kate King Youtube channel. According to that video, first, you are able to open Google Chrome. It is a recommended browser that you are able to use for accessing anything related to MCPS. If you use Internet Explorer, it will not enable a lot of functions that you need to be successful in navigating all the different kinds of portals. Here now, we will look for MCPS resources.
As you are able to watch in the video, when you are on Google Chrome at the top left hand corner, you will see that there is MCPS Resources. But, if you cannot find it in that location, there are some things that you are able to do to troubleshoot. First, you have to make sure that your account is .net. If you are in your personal gmail account, you will not be able to access that folder. In order to do that, if now you are on your personal account, you are able to add another profile and then you are able to switch between the profiles there which is where you see the K and then the Guest profile.
The next thing that you have to see is if the sync is on. When you log in with your .net account, it is going to ask you to sync or link data. If you do not choose to link the data, you will not have access to MCPS infrastructure through Google. If you click on Sync Is On, you will be able to sync your Google profile there. Then, you have to open a new tab and the MCPS Resources should be there. On the video, these bookmarks are her own personal bookmarks. So, you will not see those. She encourages you to use these bookmarks as opposed to typing in web addresses every time. If it still does not show up and you are in your .net account and your account is synced , it is possibly just hidden in your bookmarks. So, the thing that you have to do is to click on the three dots at the top right corner and then you have to go to the Bookmarks and then choose the Bookmark Manager. Then, the MCPS Resources folder should be one of the options there in the left side of your screen. You should be able to somehow make it show up in the bookmarks bar.
With those three troubleshooting tips, hopefully the MCPS resources will show up and then Canvas will be there with your MCPS classroom. If you want to watch how to find MCPS Resources Folder virtually, you are able to watch a video on Kate King channel on Youtube. The title of the video is Finding MCPS Resources Folder which was uploaded on September 9th, 2020. The duration of the video is 4 minutes and 8 seconds.
If you are students, and you want to access everything about your needs related to Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS), you are able to access montgomeryschoolsmd.org. On that site, you are able to find a lot of menus such as Schools, Parents, Students, Academic, Staff, Board Of Education and many more.
Online Homework Resources
If you access the Students menu, there will be Homework Help submenu. On that submenu, you are able to find Online Homework Resources, Student Service Learning and Library Catalog. What can we find in the Online Homework Resources? There, you are able to read that MCPS buys online database subscriptions for student use at all three levels and it can be used to support instruction. In addition, individual schools supplement the centrally bought databases with resources specific to the needs of the individuals schools.
If you want to access the school list of resources, you have to go to the school website and then you have to click on the Media Center tab. There will be posted the direction for access.
In the Online Homework Resources page, you will also find some resources which are used by MCPS for students. What are they? Here are some of them.
- FactCite 1,2,3. It is a collection of articles on a lot of topics for students of elementary school. It includes Factcite LINGO which has English and Spanish translation. You are able to access a translation of the text by choosing a paragraph.
- PebbleGO- Animals, Biographies, Dinosaurs, Science, Social Studies. It is a reading and research tool leveled which are served for emerging readers.
- Gale In Context Elementary. It provides you articles from magazines, newspapers and reference information on current events, science, the arts, people, health, government, sports, history and more.
- TumbleBooks. It is a collection of animated and talking picture books. The collection that you are able to find and use include fiction, non-fiction, English, Spanish and French titles.
- Destiny Library Catalog. Here, you are able to choose your school to be able to search books and other materials in your school library.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Annals of American History. It contains the history of the United States through speeches, historical accounts, poems, memoirs, images, and multimedia.
- Universalis Junior Online. It provides various topics such as geography, history, science, and technology. If you are French-language students, you will be challenged with progressively more complex vocabulary.
- Noodle Tools. It permits you to be able to organize and synthesize information by using online notecards and format a bibliography in MLA, APA, or Chicago/ Turabian style.
- Teachingbooks.net. It includes resources about fiction and nonfiction books which are used in grades K-12 including author and book materials to use in the library or classroom.
You are able to access MCPS sites to know more about the resources that you are able to use for learning.