For those who want to find out some information about LMS LAUSD, you have to read this entire article. Here we are going to reveal that information and also some information related to LMS LAUSD. Please ensure you will not miss any information here.
LMS LAUSD – What is Schoology LAUSD?
Schoology LAUSD is a LMS (Learning Management System) used by Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD). This Learning Management System allows the users to organize curriculum, provide student assessment and make lesson plans. This Schoology enables for peer collaboration and engagement through private and public discussion forums and cross-application.
You will be able to see three main areas: Courses, Groups, and Resources, and also several icons and your name on the upper right. No matter where you are on the website, this top navigation is always available. Make sure to familiarize yourself with it, because you are going to use it a ton. For those who are a system admin or have Advisor access, you are able to see an additional area named Tools. Remember that Schoology streamlines navigation. There are some methods to get basically anywhere you want to go, so you do not hesitate to attempt something new and see what happens there.
What’s New in the LMS LAUSD?
You need to learn more about new and upcoming features within the LAUSD LMS (Learning Management System, Schoology. The principals, teachers, and other LMS users are able to view all the latest LMS Updates by visiting that page periodically.
Here are some new features in the LMS LAUSD:
Add Learning Objectives to External Tools
Now, the teachers are able to align learning objectives to any External Tool in course materials. Teachers will be able to align Common Core, Next Generation Science Standards, State Standards, or Custom Learning Objectives for elementary schools.
To align an external tool:
- Choose Add Materials > Add File/Link/External Tool.
- Choose External Tool
To notice the new Learning Objective section:
- Choose the Align button.
- Then, follow the learning objective alignment workflow to align one or more learning objectives to the External Tool. For elementary teachers, refer to the video on making assignments.
- Choose Submit to make the new External Tool material. The aligned learning objectives appear in the course material view under the assignment title.
It is essential to note that scores for an External Tool will be distributed across all learning objectives aligned to the External Tool material. Scores cannot be applied differently to each aligned objective.
New Single Sign-on Screen
LAUSD implement an updated Single Sign-on screen for all students and employees when logging in to the LAUSD LMS, Schoology. You may have got this screen when accessing any Schoology job aids or when using the web version of Outlook once checking your email. After June 13, 2020, when visiting https://lms.lausd.net and choosing either ‘Student’ or ‘Employee,’ the users will no longer be redirected to the ‘Blue’ single sign-on page. Instead, the users are going to see the updated login page.
Teaching Matters partnership with LAUSD
LAUSD and Teaching Matters work to provide optional standards-aligned, student-facing activities for K-8 teachers to facilitate remote instruction. The activities offered by Teaching Matters are fully accessible on any computer, Smartphone, or tablet and they are customizable to fit your classroom’s needs. Now, the following resources are available to help you in using these new resources:
- Job Aid: https://bit.ly/LAUSDTeachingMatters
- Website: https://lp.teachingmatters.org/lausd
- Video: https://vimeo.com/411747071
- Webinars: Teaching Matters Webinars
New School User Analytics
on April 15, 2020, Schoology release an improved Usage Analytics experience that provide the users with better insights on the overall usage of the LMS (Learning Management System). The Usage Analytics feature is available to the users with the Principal and School Support roles.
The users will be able to:
- Track Schoology usage across web, Android app and iOS app use.
- Track time students spend on the materials.
- Easily export data, in a friendlier format.
- See data through dashboards.
To access Usage Analytics:
- Please click Tools in the header at the top of Schoology.
- Then, click Usage Analytics.
QR Codes for PreK-2 Students
Login page for the LAUSD LMS, Schoology now include a link for K-2 students to log in by using a Schoology QR code. This new login option provide K-2 students the ability to log in to Schoology by using a QR code through any computer or mobile device with an enabled webcam. The QR code will provide the students with simplified login access to instructional materials in the LAUSD LMS, Schoology.
Why a LMS Schoology?
Schoology always supports the District’s commitment to 21st century learning by equipping teacher with a powerful digital tool which supports distance and blended learning opportunities. Implementing a learning management system is going to be key in preparing all students to be digital learners who utilize technology tools to graduate and ready for success in college and careers.
- Streamlined workflow
- Easy tracking of due dates
- Anytime of any device
- Automatic enrollment of students
- Join groups to share resources and ideas with other educators
- Organized body of evidence for creating instructional decisions
- 24/7 access to course materials
- Real time feedback
- Teacher collaboration
- Easy assignment submission
- Access grades
- Teacher-parent communication
- 24/7 real time student progress monitoring
- Access to submitted assignments
- Teacher collaboration
- PASSport features-parents are able to access grades and assignments
Features available in the Schoology Online Gradebook
Here are some features that available in the Schoology Online Gradebook:
- Customized courses categories, grading scales, and rubrics are able to be copied to multiple courses.
- Customized instructional content are able to be assigned to groups within the same course.
- The students are able to submit assignments online and check their grades and comments.
- Tests and quizzes are able to be taken online and are automatically graded and recorded
- Web Based app for Android and iOS are able to be used for access.
- The applications such as Google drive are able to be integrated