LAUSD offers a bunch of Zoom virtual backgrounds that you can download and use them to brighten up the student’s online classroom experience. The zoom virtual backgrounds here are commonly used to beautify your screen display during virtual learning or meetings.
Moreover, the Virtual Background on Zoom allows you to show an image or video as your background which works best with a physical green screen and uniform lighting to allow Zoom to detect the difference between you and your background.
So, in case of choosing the virtual background, make sure to select the contrasting background. Thankfully, LAUSD seems to answer what the students, parents or employees need by providing a bunch of virtual backgrounds for Zoom meetings. Are you interested in getting the Zoom Virtual Background from LAUSD? Let’s see them below!
LAUSD Zoom Virtual Background Ideas
Here’s a list of recommended background for your Virtual Meeting on Zoom:
- The LAUSD Chalkboard Background
The Los Angeles Unified chalkboard background can be a right option if you’re looking for the contrasting background for your virtual meeting. As you can see, the image shows a blackboard which is embellished with pictures of stacks of books and pencils in front of it.
Download the LAUSD chalkboard background here.
- The Maya Angelou Mural Background
If you like colorful images, but still elegant, you can choose the Maya Angelou Mural Background. Look at the image, the combination of red and blue colors coupled with very cheerful female facial expressions, makes this background suitable to improve your mood when studying online.
Download the Maya Angelou Mural Background here.
- Welcome Back to School Background
This virtual background is such a matching image for kindergarten students when they are online school. Pictures showing children studying with cheerful expressions can boost the kindergarten’s mood when online learning.
Download Welcome Back to School Background here.
- LA Students Most In Need background
We think this background is appropriate for high school or college students. The image only shows the picture of a calm blue landscape. So, if you love displaying the calm and elegant background, the LA Students Most In Need background can be your right option.
Download the LA Students Most In Need background here.
- Hollywood Mural Background
If you are a Hollywood fan, we think this background is perfect for you. The Hollywood mural background will add your virtual background during zoom meeting more attractive and enchanting to see. It’s such a gorgeous background that you can apply for a virtual meeting on Zoom.
Download the Hollywood Mural background here.
- LA Unified Logo Background
It’s similar to the LA Students Most In Need background where this kind of background will be perfect for high school or college students. As you can see, the LA Unified Logo background only shows the logo of LAUSD with the image of students on. So, that’s not totally wrong if you choose this background for your virtual background on Zoom.
Download the LA Unified Logo background here.
Okay, those are a bunch of LAUSD backgrounds that you can use at a virtual meeting on Zoom.
How to Activate the Virtual Background Feature?
If you want to activate the virtual background for your own use, you can sign into the Zoom web portal. Then, click on the Settings in the navigation menu. After that, navigate to the Virtual Background option in the Meeting tab located under the In Meeting (Advanced) section. Last, verify that the settings are enabled.
It’s important to note that:
- If the settings is disabled, you can click the status toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog pops up, you can choose ‘Turn On’ to verify the change.
- If the option is grayed out, it means that it has been locked at either the group or account level. Here, you will have to contact your Zoom administrator.
How to Use Your Downloaded Virtual Background?
- First, you need to open Zoom on your desktop or browser.
- Then, you need to log into your account.
- Here, you need to join or create a new meeting.
- If you are in the meeting, you need to click the upward arrow located in the bottom left corner of the screen. Please don’t click the “Stop Video” button in the same area of the screen.
- After you click the arrow, you’ll find an option to ‘Choose Virtual Background.’ Click on that option.
- By choosing this option, it will take you to a new Settings window. Here, you’re able to select from a default background or upload your own.
How to Upload Your Downloaded Virtual Background?
- Before you can change your default background to your custom background, of course, you need to upload them first.
- To upload your downloaded virtual background, you need to click the ‘+’ icon located on the right side of the screen in the Settings window.
Here are the image requirements to upload to virtual background;
- Format: JPG/JPEG, GIF, or 24-bit PNG (no alpha). PNG will be shown on a white background.
- Minimum dimension: 960px
- Maximum dimension: 1920px
- Maximum file size: 5 MB
- Required dimensions: 1920px by 1080px (16:9 aspect ratio). You may also see black bars on the sides of the image if you do not use an image with a 16:9 aspect ratio.
If your downloaded background meets requirements, you can continue the step by selecting your image and click ‘Open.’
If you want to remove your uploaded image, you can click on the ‘Delete’ or ‘Reset’ Option. For more information, your image will replace your previously uploaded image if your account has a default image.
How If You Want to Change the Default Background for all Zoom Rooms?
If you want to change the default background image for all of the Zoom Rooms in your account, you need to follow these instructions below!
- First, you need to log into your Zoom account.
- Then, click on the ‘Room Management’ and followed by clicking the ‘Zoom Rooms.’
- After that, click ‘Account Settings’ located at the top of the page.
- On the Account Profile tab, you should click ‘Upload New Image’ under Background Image for Zoom Rooms.
- Last, choose your image and click on the ‘Open’ button.