Zoom is an easy and reliable platform for video, voice and content sharing. The program will be able to operate across mobile devices, telephones, desktops, and room systems. It allows people from across the world to connect face to face without ever stepping foot in the same room. Well, in this page, we are going to talk about LAUSD Zoom Policy and other information related to LAUSD Zoom.
LAUSD Zoom Policy
All users of Zoom video conferencing are reminded that they have to obey the Zoom Terms of Service and the District’s Responsible Use Policy, requiring that the privacy of all participants be respected and the recording of any participants without express consent is prohibited.
Need to know that all uses of the LAUSD (Los Angeles Unified School District) computer and network systems by the students, employees, contractors, and others must obey the LAUSD’s Responsible Use Policy (RUP).
Does LAUSD have a Zoom account?
Apparently, Zoom provides online video conferencing for up to 300 people. It can be accessed with an LAUSD single sign-on username and password. You are able to set up a meeting any time by doing these steps below:
- At the first step, you have to go to lausd.zoom.us and log in by using an LAUSD single sign-on account.
- After that, go to Schedule a Meeting and enter the requested information (at minimum, topic, date, time and duration). Next, click Save.
- Then, invite others to the meeting in the “Time” part by clicking on the “Outlook Calendar” button or click on “Copy the invitation” in the “Join URL” section and then paste the clipboard contents into your pre-established meeting invitation.
How to change your name on Zoom LAUSD?
When participating in a work-related Zoom meeting, it is very important that your name matches the name on your district paystub. This is going to confirm who you are for attendance. Please check to see if your name is displayed on the screen. No nicknames or abbreviations; first and last name only. If it is not displayed correctly, you have to change it.
Here are steps to change your name on Zoom LAUSD:
- At the first step, you have to click on the Participants icon on the bottom of the window.
- After that, you have to hover your mouse over your name in the Participants list on the right side of the Zoom window. Next, click on More. And, click on Rename.
- The next step is to enter your name as it officially appears on District documents and click ok.
- Finally, your name will appear correctly on the screen.
Finding the link to attend the meeting on Zoom LAUSD
Here are some steps to find the link to attend the meeting on Zoom LAUSD:
Usually, a meeting invite is going to be sent to your Outlook LAUSD email account as an event. From there, you are going to have a choice to RSVP for the event. If you decline the event, it is going to disappear from your email, and no further action is needed. If you plan on attending the meeting, you have to click accept as attending. The invite will be able to transfer to your Outlook calendar.
- Please click on the Calendar Icon on the bottom left side of the screen.
- After that, search for the event date in the calendar using the arrows.
- Once found, you are able to double click on the event to see the invite instructions.
Logging into a Zoom Meeting LAUSD
Here are some steps to login to a Zoom Meeting LAUSD:
- Keep in mind that the Zoom application has been installed onto the Manager’s office computer.
- In order to join a Zoom meeting, you have to click on the link from the Outlook calendar invite you were provided.
- The Zoom program will open automatically, and you are going to be joined to the meeting on Zoom LAUSD.
Changing the View on Zoom LAUSD
There is more than one method to view your screen during a Zoom meeting:
Speaker view (Default Setting)
Speaker View will highlight the person speaking by putting a green box around their name or image, then move it to the center of the screen.
Gallery View is going to display some names and/or images in a grid format.
If you want to change the view of your screen during a meeting on Zoom LAUSD, simply you are able to click on the swap icon window in the top right corner.
Responding to the Host on Zoom LAUSD
During a meeting, the Host may ask you some questions which need a response.
In a virtual meeting, the message requires to be as clear as possible to make up for the lack
of a physical presence. During a zoom call, it is suitable to remain muted during the call unless you are asked to speak. This will prevent crosstalk and confusion.
For note: Mute Display is located on the bottom left corner of the screen:
- No Red Line = Participants will be able to hear you.
- Red Line = Participants cannot hear you.
To turn mute on or off, simply you are able to click on the microphone button. Please remember to stay on mute unless you are asked to speak.
Using the Chat Function on Zoom LAUSD
The chat function on Zoom LAUSD is the preferred way of communication. You are able to respond to questions, state feedback, and also ask for help. Aside from that, you are able to communicate with the Host without turning on your microphone. Simply, you are able to enter what you need to say into the chat box:
- Please click on the speech bubble located in the center of the bottom toolbar. The chat box will appear to the right.
- The default in the chat box is set to send a message to everyone, however if you click on the dropdown, you are able to send a message to an individual person.
For note: Private messages are going to have the word (Privately) in red parenthesis. It will not be visible in the group chat. All chats will be logged in the chat transcript and printed.