Just like most district schools, Los Angeles Unified School District has a software system that is based on the web. This kind of system is named Welligent. This one is widely used for online IEPS and all the services related to tracking, including speech and language, physical therapy, vision and hearing screenings, nursing services, and many more. It is provided to the students during the course of their education.
Welligent makes it possible for the administrators to monitor IEP timelines and service delivery. They are also allowed to produce reports to ensure compliance with special education laws and regulations. Welligent is the one behind the scenes billing system. The system electronically invoices Medi-Cal and the other insurance companies to seek reimbursement for services that are received by the students.
LAUSD Welligent Login
This section will feature the information about LAUSD Welligent login. Please read everything well and if needed, you can take a note on the thing that is important.
To be able to use Welligent, it is a must for the Single Sign-on or SSO password of a user to meet some requirements. The first one is that it must be up to 26 characters in length. The second one is that there must be no symbols such as |, \, %, <, >, ‘, and “. The third one is that it must not end in a zero.
If you want to change or reset the password, there are a few ways to choose from. As the starter, you can try to visit https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/467 and then click on the Self Service Console for Single Sign-on (SSO) account issues link. If it is not working, the alternate way that you can do it is to call ITD Helpdesk at 213-241-5200 and press Option 2.
It is a must for you to make sure that the computer that is used meets the system requirements. To check if the computer that you have meets these requirements, you can click this link to heck tap here.
The link will take you to the Welligent Support Technical Guide. Below is everything that needs to remember:
- Operating system (OS): Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS
- Browser: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 6.x or higher
- Non-compatible browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Windows Edge
Displaying Internet Explorer Menu Bar:
- The first thing that you need to do is to open Internet Explorer.
- Then, right click on a blank area of the Title Bar located at the top right of the screen. It can be done to show the pop up menu.
- After that, click on the Menu Bar to activate it.
- In the end, the Menu Bar will be displayed at the top left of the screen.
Clearing Compatibility View Settings:
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer.
- Choose Tools and then Compatibility View Settings from the Menu Bar.
- Please remove the lauds.net if it is shown under Websites you’ve added to Compatibility View by clicking on lauds.net and clicking on the Remove button located on the right.
- Then, remove the checkboxes that are located beside Display Intranet sites in Compatibility View & Use Microsoft compatibility list.
- Do not forget to make sure that the settings are blank.
- Lastly, click on Close.
Temporary Internet File Settings:
- Just like the first two methods, opening Internet Explorer is the first step.
- Then, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
- The third step is to click on the Settings button that is found on the General tab and under Browsing History for the exact.
- After that, choose Every Time I visit the webpage under Check for newer versions of stored pages.
- Remember to set the disk space to be 250 MB.
- When everything is done, you can click on OK and then OK again to make the screen close.
Turning off the pop up blocker for the Willigent website:
- First of all, click Tools from the IE Menu bar.
- After that, choose Pop up Blocker.
- Next, click on Pop-up Blocker Settings.
- The fourth step is to type https//welligent.lausd.net under the address of the website to allow.
- Then, click the Add button.
- The last step to be done is to click on Close.
- To adjust the print, you need to open Internet Explorer.
- Second, click Page Setup on the File menu.
- Please reset all Margins to 0.25 inches.
- Do not forget to check the box beside Enable Shrink-to-Fit.
- In the next step, change all fields to Empty under Headers and Footers.
- Lastly, click on OK.
Feel free to open the link to know more.
In case some equipment issues occur, you are suggested to go to https://lausd.net/Page/11176. When you are there, you will have to click on the Online Ticket icon. In addition to that, you can also call the ITD Help Desk at (213) 241-5200 and then press Option 1.
The thing known as the oceAccess System has been implemented for every contractor. It can be used to enable the Non-LAUSD/Charter school employees to apply for a new SSO, renewal, or reactivation of the SSO that has expired or is no longer active. A valid email is required for this. Please log in to https://oneaccess.lausd.net. Keep in mind that the administrator will be required for the request to be approved.
After obtaining a current SSO, the Non-LAUSD/Charter school employees can go to EZ Access to request a Welligent Role. All that should be done is to log in to https://ezaccess.lausd.net/default.aspx and the administrator will be required to approve the request before the role request is processed by the Welligent. In case assistance with oneAccess or EX Access is needed, do not hesitate to go to https/helpdesk.lausd.net. Not only that, everyone can also call the ITD Help Desk at (213) 241-5200 and press Option 8. If you do not feel like talking directly to them, going too https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/11176 and clicking on the Live Chat icon might be preferred to use the On-Line chat feature.