The LAUSD Parent Portal is LAUSD’s parent access support system portal. It is an online system which connects parents and guardians to important information about their child’s education. Of course, it is secure. it is personalized to your child. Also, it is custom-made for you, your parents and guardians.
LAUSD Parent Portal Registration Guide
Here are some steps to register LAUSD Parent Portal:
- At the first step, register for an LAUSD account.
- Then, provide all the required information: first name, last name, Email Address, and security image.
- After that, you will get a thank you message.
- To complete your registration, you have to check email for notification sent to complete the account registration process. Please activate your account by clicking on the link “Activate my LAUSD account.”
- Now, you need to enter your Email and Password. Please read the criteria for making an acceptable password. Passwords must match before you are able to submit.
- The next step, you are going to get a notification that your LAUSD Account is Activated. Just click on the first logo, Parent Portal, to the right of the screen.
- Afterwards, you have to select Parent Login.
- You are able to log in now by using your email and password.
- You will be asked if you want to receive the Parent-Student Handbook via email. Simply, choose “Yes” or “No” and then click submit.
Eventually, you have successfully made your LAUSD Parent Portal Account. The next step is to add your student.
LAUSD Parent Portal Guide – Linking and Removing Students
Here are steps to link students:
- At the first step, you have to log in to your Parent Portal account.
- Under ‘My Students’, you are able to click on “Add students.”
- After that, enter the required fields to link your student; Student’s LAUSD ID Number, Student’s Date of Birth, Student’s First Name and Student’s Last Name. For note: Student’s First name and Last Name have to be entered the way it appears on school records. Then, simply click on Add A Student.
- Please identify yourself by choosing your name and click “This is me.” If you have more students to add, you are able to repeat steps 3 and 4. After you finish adding your students, just click on the “Finish” button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Once you choose “Finish” you are returned to your Parent Portal Main Page. The students you retrieved are going to be available in the ‘My Student’s’ section. For note: Now you are able to click on the name of the student to view their personalized information and resources.
So, how to remove the students? The students may be removed from your account by simply clicking on the remove link next to their name.
What will parents do with the LAUSD Parent Portal?
The parents will be able to:
- Monitor their child’s class assignments, grades, and also standardized test scores.
- Track their child’s progress towards graduation.
- Check their child’s daily attendance and also monitor attendance trends.
- Monitor English Learner Reclassification status.
- Update Emergency Contact information.
- Always connect with their child’s teachers via email.
- Apply for District programs including eChoices and the Free and Reduced Meal Program
How do parents access Schoology to check their child’s grades?
There are some steps that the parents must do before viewing their child’s academic progress in Schoology.
- First, the parents have to set up a PASSport account. The parents will be able to watch the tutorial video for assistance on setting up your Schoology parent account.
- After your account has been set up, please login to the Parent PASSport Portal.
For additional information, you are able to visit the Parent PASSport site.
LAUSD Parent Portal guide – Resetting A LAUSD account password
This guide provides a step-by-step to reset a LAUSD account password.
- Firstly, on the LAUSD Account Parent Log-in Page, you have to click on “Forgot your password?”
- After that, enter your registered email and click on submit.
- Then, a link to reset your LAUSD account password will be sent to your email. Please click on the link to make your new password.
- Now, you need to check your email and reset your account by clicking on the blue “Password Reset” link. The link will be available for 24 hours. After 24 hours, you have to repeat the first three steps.
- The next step is to enter your Email and Password. Please read the criteria for creating an acceptable password. Remember that passwords must match before you are able to submit.
- Your password has been reset. You are going to be taken to the Parent Portal Login screen. Just enter your Username and Password to verify.
- Finally, your password reset was successful.
LAUSD Parent Portal troubleshooting
Issue: You have already entered all of the information required to register for an LAUSD account, but you cannot register.
- Ensure you have entered a working email address.
- Ensure what you entered for the security image/audio is correct.
- If both are accurate, you have to try using a different browser.
Issue: After entering all information, you received notification which you were sent an email to activate your LAUSD account but did not receive it.
- You have to check your “junk email” box and ensure that it is not in there.
Issue: You have received the activation email, but the “Create password or Reset my password” link is not working.
- You have to try using a different browser.
Issue: You have entered and re-entered your password but you cannot continue with the registration process.
- Ensure you have read all the instructions for making a password and following accordingly.
- Password must contain a number, a capital letter and lower-case letters.
- If you have followed the instructions accordingly, but you still cannot continue, you have to try using another browser.