In this page, we are going to talk about LAUSD MyPLN. If you come to this page to get some information about LAUSD MyPLN. You are lucky to have come to this page. Now, you do not need to go anywhere, just keep staying on this page to get information you need.
About MyPLN (My Professional Learning Network)
MyPLN (My Professional Learning Network) is the district’s state of the art professional learning management system. MyPLN (My Professional Learning Network) has been tested and specially designed to offer the District employees diverse learning chances, including in-person, virtual, and blended learning professional development. Aside from that, through MyPLN (My Professional Learning Network), the employees are able to leverage online professional learning communities to collaborate and share the best practices. To submit your request or login to LAUSD MyPLN, you are able to visit the login page.
- There are over 91,200 LAUSD educators who have access to MyPLN.
- There are over 5,000 sessions, videos, materials and online courses available on LAUSD MyPLN.
- There are over 700,000 trainings have been completed by LAUSD educators.
- There are over 35,000 visitors to MyPLN.
How to Access and Complete the Online Training?
On LAUSD MyPLN, you are able to access and complete the online training. Using Firefox or Google Chrome is highly recommended. Please do not use Internet Explorer. Before you begin, you have to ensure that your computer meets LAUSD MyPLN requirements.
MyPLN | End-User Computer Requirements
- Computer: Your computer must have at least 1 GB of RAM, 1 GHz Processor. Sound card needed for online courses or videos which contain audio tracks.
- Display Resolution: You need a display resolution: 1024×768 or higher.
- Display Color: You need a display color at least 16 bit. For optimal color quality is 32 bit.
- Network and Connectivity: Minimum 128 kbps. 256 kbps is highly recommended.
Remember that LAUSD MyPLN does not support mobile devices (iPad, tablet and Smartphones) right now.
Browser Versions Supported:
- Firefox 54 and greater (Highly recommended)
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome 64 and greater (66 and greater may have problem with audio)
For note: Internet Explorer is no longer supported.
Browser Compatibility Settings and Security Requirements:
MyPLN does not need any specific compatibility settings aside from:
- Pop-up blocker for LAUSD MyPLN needs to be disabled.
- Adobe Flash version 29.x or later is needed for the users to access e-learning courses.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader to see reports that export to PDF. Also, Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to see training completion certificates.
Additional Software Considerations:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader for reports which export to PDF, or Microsoft Excel 2007 or higher although not all users necessarily require those capabilities.
- The SMP PowerPoint Template report needs Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 or higher or PowerPoint 2003 with the Microsoft Office 2007 software converter add-on.
Steps to Access and Complete the Online Training
In the text above, we have learned about LAUSD MyPLN requirements. After you are sure that your computer meets LAUSD MyPLN requirements, then you are able to continue following these steps below:
- At the first step, you have to go to: http://achieve.lausd.net/mypln
- After that, you have to choose the “Login to MyPLN” button.
- Then, you are able to enter your user name and password, and choose the “Sign in” button. For username, please enter your complete LAUSD email address. For password, please enter LAUSD single sign-on password.
- The next step that you have to do is to choose the “Transcript” button from the home page.
- Please click the “Open Curriculum” button to see the training and assessment.
- You are able to choose the “Activate” button next to “Child Abuse Awareness Training…,” and then simply click “Activate” and “Launch.” A new window with the video is going to appear.
- After watching the video, you are able to close the window and choose “MarkComplete.”
- To take the assessment, you are able to click the “Activate” button next to “Child Abuse Awareness Training Assessment” and then choose the “Launch Test”
For note: In order to be marked “completed” for the course, you have to pass the assessment with a score of 100 percent. You have unlimited retake chances.
- Now, your completion progress is tracked when you go through the materials. And they are check marked until you reach 100 percent. You will be able to stop at any time. Of course, the system is going to save your progress.
- After completion of the course, you are going to get an email confirmation with information on how to print your certificate.
LAUSD MyPLN Training dates
You will be able to be a MyPLN Content Developer to effectively manage your department’s training program on the District’s learning management system. Content Developer training is available throughout the year.
Does your department need:
- to manage and deliver professional learning and development training?
- to coordinate and deliver traditional in-person or virtual online events?
- comprehensive reporting tools to track, analyze, and obtain insights into learner progress?
- a platform which allows access to training and materials on-demand, around-the-clock, and from anywhere?
Please learn how to leverage MyPLN to effectively manage and deliver all of your professional development. Please begin or advance your MyPLN Developer capacity and register for available training chances.
MyPLN Content Developer Office Hours
A chance for current MyPLN Content Developers to join the MyPLN Team during MyPLN Office Hours. The participants are going to work on their actual upcoming or future training projects with support from the MyPLN Team such as:
- Make and manage ILT-Events, Sessions and Parts
- Make online curricula
- Make MyPLN reports
- Learn the best practices for PD delivery
To register or for Training Details, you are able to follow these easy steps below:
- At the first step, you have to log on to MyPLN.
- Please search for MyPLN101, MyPLN102, or MyPLN Office hours respectively.