In Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), there is the oneAccess Request system. It permits school employees to be able to request for new or additional user role access to the MiSiS application. This is an electronic method which is faster and easier for users applying for user roles and also administrators who authorize requests. With it, there will no paper forms, the process will be faster and there will be automatic emails which will be sent to user after approval.
One Access MiSiS Application
What is oneAccess? It is an application portal that can be used to request or reactive a Single Sign-On (SSO) account for District employees and non employees groups. Besides, select user groups will be allowed to apply for access to various software applications and web portals.
This oneAccess replaces EZ Access as the system of record for user account management of MiSiS school-based roles. Before you start, it is important for you note these things.
- You need to have an active LAUSD (SSO) acount before you apply for new user roles in oneAccess. You can request or reactive a SSO from the portal landing page.
- You have to determine the campus and/ or school location that you will have to access to before applying online.
- oneAccess is used for new requests only. If you have submitted a request for MiSiS roles previously through EZ Access and your application is still pending, you will have to complete the process through EZ Access.
How to Enter Application URL and What is Landing Page?
If you want to enter application URL, you are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access your browser and then you have to type this URL in the address bar: https://oneaccess.lausd.net/.
- After that, you have to hit the Enter or Return key.
Now, what is the oneAccess landing page? It is the first stop for all employees when determining the type of transaction to perform. You can read the scenarios below to help you with next steps.
- Do you have an active SSO account and you want to apply for and manage your roles? If so, you have to choose Sign In.
- Are you a site administrator who can authorize or revoke access? If so, you have to choose Admin Approver.
- Don’t you have an active SSO account? If you do not have it, you have to choose the applicable button.
How to Log Into oneAccess
The guide here is based on the scenarios above. So, to login, you have to follow the steps below.
- You have to click on the Sign In button from the oneAccess landing page.
- After that, you have to enter your SSO credentials on the login page.
- And do not forget to click on the Sign In button.
After you log in, you will be taken to your user profile home page where you can see a list of LAUSD applications that permit role management including MiSiS. Users may also be able to see a quick snapshot of their SSO account status, employee profile status and upload photo.
How to Launch New MiSiS Application Role Request
To launch new MiSiS application role request, you are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to click on the Manage/ Edit Roles button in the MiSiS application management window.
- After that, you have to click on the New Request button.
There is the role request builder which permits users to choose the location type of school site to which they are applying for access:
This option can be used when the campus is a multi-school site such as a preferred location with magnets or small learning communities.
This option can be used to request access to a single location.
Role Selection and Request Submission in OneAccess MiSiS
Before you choose a location type, you have to click on the question mark icon to see the tool tip notes.
- You have to choose the Location Type. Let’s say that you choose Campus.
- Then, you have to choose a User Role from the available options. Based on the location type previously chosen, the list will infer values. Let’s say that you choose Scheduling Administrator.
- You have to choose a Location from the available options or enter a name to filter results. The list will infer values based on the type of the location. Let’s say that you choose District SH.
- Now, you have to click on the Done Editing button. You have to click on the + Add Role button and then you have to repeat steps 1 to 4 to choose more user roles. You may choose additional roles for the same campus or school or select various roles for other campuses or schools.
- Next, you have to choose the check box to agree to the Terms and Conditions. You have to click the hyperlink to show the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) in a new browser window.
- Now, you can click on the Submit Request button to complete the role request.
The Processing Status
What is a request number? It is assigned to each pending role request. There number is different to each request for a different location. You are able to see the progressing status of the request in the Status column.
In this list below, we have the meaning of each request status.
It means that user has submitted request, pending administrator approval.
It means that administrator has approved user role request.
It means that approved role has been revoked successfully.
- Cancel Requested
It means that the system is now processing a request to revoke a user role.
It means that the role has expired based upon the expiration date of the role request, which is calculated on a role to role basis.
It means that an administrator has rejected a role request of a user or the request has aged out of the system waiting in the queue of an approver.
If the role is approved, the user will be able to see the status as Approved and there will be a recycle bin icon under the column Revoke. This Revoke button is used to remove the role from the user profile and they will not have the role in MiSiS anymore.