For sure, parents do not want their child to miss the chance to come back to school as soon as possible and in the safest way possible. In Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), there is not more important than welcoming child back into school classroom as soon as possible in the safest way.
So, as you can see in the LAUSD website, in a video, there is an announcement that, after the past many months, they have been working hand in hand with Microsoft to create a good solution to bring students, teachers and all who work in schools back to school in the safest way possible. It is a breakthrough for keeping your child safe when they come back to school. It is the Daily Pass.
About Daily Pass at LAUSD
According to Eran Megiddo, a Microsoft Corporate Vice President of Modern Life Learning, their top priority at Microsoft is to help educators, students and their caregivers with the tools and support that they need for their health and learning. Since the spring, their team have been collaborating with LA Unified to support running school remotely. They are excited for you to start using Daily Pass. But, what is the Daily Pass actually?
Daily Pass is an exclusive ticket for safely going back to school. Every week you are able to schedule your free on-campus Covid test. The results will be shown in your Daily Pass. You can also choose to take the test off campus and you can post the results in your Daily Pass. If there are vaccinations available, you will be able to make the schedule for you through your Daily Pass.
In the Daily Pass, there is a Daily Health Check. You just have to answer a few simple health questions every day and then your entrance ticket will appear. And then, you can print your daily pass.
Accessing the Daily Pass
There is a one stop show web app which has been launched by Los Angeles Unified. The app is built specifically for the District to guarantee that they get students, faculty and administrators back to schools and district offices as safely as possible. You are able to complete a daily health check through the app by booking COVID-19 tests and then they will be able to get the results and messages.
Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) cooperates with Microsoft to develop this tool so that students can go back to school with these steps.
- Students, parents and visitors need to open the Daily Pass on any computer, tablet or mobile device at dailypass.lausd.net.
- They have to answer the daily health check questions and this process will not take more than two minutes.
- If they have recently tested negative for COVID-19 and complete the online health check, there will be a QR code which will be generated for that day and specific site location.
- There will be school staff members who dedicated to welcome you and they will be at every site to scan the QR code and take your temperature at the entrance.
The Steps to Use the Daily Pass for Students and Employees
You may wonder how to use the daily pass for students and employees. Then, you are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to click on this link https://lausd-rts.powerappsportals.com/home and then you have to click on the Employee/ Student button.
- After that, you will be taken to a page where you have to enter your LAUSD email and SSO password.
- After you sign into the Daily Pass portal, now the thing that you have to do is to click on Creates Pass and then you have to choose the person that you want to create a pass for.
- If you have chosen Create Pass, then you will be asked to choose a location. You are able to search for a location by typing in the name or using the dropdown. After you have chosen the site, then you have to click on the Next button.
- After you click on the Next button, you will be taken to two statements. The first one is a Daily Health Check and it must be read and responded by you. If you have responded to this first statement and clicked Accept, then you will be taken to a second statement where you will be asked to agree with the statement listed.
- And now, based on the responses that you create to the statements, you will be issued a Daily Pass or you will be taken to schedule a test at an LAUSD test site.
How to Use the Daily Pass for Parents
If you are parents of a student in LAUSD, you can use the Daily Pass by following the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to click on this link https://lausd-rts.powerappsportals.com/home and then you have to click on Parents. After that, you will be taken to a page where you have to enter your ParentPortal account information.
- You have to enter your Parent Portal login information and then click on the Sign In button. To know how to sign up for Parent Portal or how to link a student to your Parent Portal, you are able to visit the Parent and Community Services website or you can click on this link https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/10470.
- After you sign into the Daily Pass Portal, now you have to click on the Create Pass.
- If you have chosen Create Pass, then you will be asked to choose a location. A location can be searched for by typing in the name or using the dropdown. After you have chosen th site, the next thing that you have to do is to click on the Next button.
- Then, you will be taken to two statements. The first statement is a Daily Health Check where you have to read and respond to it. After you give your respond, then you have to click on the Agree button so that you will be taken to a second statement which will ask you to agree with the statement listed.
- Finally, you will be issued a Daily pass or you will be taken to schedule a test at an LAUSD test site. The thing that you will get is based on your response to the Statements.