Are you here because you are looking for the administrative jobs at Los Angeles Unified School District or LAUSD? If yes, you will have to know the information included in this article. Keep reading and do not stop until the last stop.
Administrative Jobs at LAUSD
According to some job sites like Indeed, there is currently no job vacancy at Los Angeles Unified School District for the positions related to administrative. It is such an unfortunate because the only available ones include:
- Substitute Special Education Paraprofessional
- CTEIG Coordinator
- Return to Work Specialist
- Primary Math Program Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Light Bus Driver
- Senior Food Service Worker
- Energy Specialist
- Project Engineer
- Program and Policy Development Advisor
- Deputy Director of Facilities Maintenance and Operations
- Heating and Air Conditioning Fitter
- Principal Assignment Technician
- Deputy Controller
- Civil Engineer
- Automotive Mechanic
- Senior IT LAN Technician
- Assistant Fleet Maintenance Manager
- Associate Project Engineer II
- Senior IT Infrastructure
- IT Support Technician Supervisor
- Braille Transcriber
- Building/Construction Inspector
- Senior Director Information Technology
- IT Solution Technician
The Alternative to Administrative Jobs at LAUSD
If you are looking for the administrative jobs in Los Angeles, you might want to consider applying to the other places. Below is the list of some available ones:
- Administrative Assistant – School Site (Magnolia Public Schools)
- Administrative Assistant (Santa Monic-Malibu Unified School District)
- Administrative Specialist III – Off Campus High School (Mt. San Antonio College)
- Senior Administrative Assistant (Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District)
- Office Administrator (Russian school of Mathematics)
- Department Administrative Services Manager Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine (Kaiser Permanente)
- BSW Administrative Faculty / Coordinator of Field Education (Pacific Oaks College & Children’s School)
- Administrative Assistant – School Site (Magnolia Educational & Research Foundation)
- Administrative Assistant – Middle School Campus Ministry (Part time) (Chaminade College Preparatory)
- Language School Administrative Assistant (Ni Hao Chinese)
The information about all of these positions mentioned above are available to be found in the number one job site named Indeed. For further information, you are recommended to visit the official website of these schools and school districts.
This following will talk about one of these job vacancies, Administrative Assistant – Middle School Campus Ministry (Part time) at Chaminade College Preparatory.
Basically, Chaminade College Preparatory is looking for an administrative assistant to join them. This one is a part time position. The candidate will work under the Director of Campus Ministry. Their tasks include providing direct administrative and clerical support to the Campus Ministry Department. They should also support the programs of the Campus Ministry, including liturgical services, retreats, Apostolic Works Service Learning Program and Archdiocesan and Marianist programs.
There are a lot of important duties and responsibilities of the administrative assistant, such as helping and supporting the Director of Campus Ministry in day to day operations; making yearly updates of all letters and forms about Campus Ministry programs; preparing materials and setting up for retreats, liturgies, Apostolic Works, and the other events; communicating with the guardians of the students about Campus Ministry programs; making independent judgments in dealing with the guardians of students as they want to know about the retreats and Apostolic Works; giving support and facilitates in house Campus Ministry service drives; helping the Director of Campus Ministry with budget and prepares all invoices; maintaining the social media platform owned by the Campus Ministry; updating the webpage of the Campus Ministry; purchasing supplies for the office and Campus Ministry programs; coordinating bus and van requests; helping with evening or weekend events as requested by the Director of Campus Ministry; and performing other duties asked by the Campus Ministry.
To be able to apply for the position, here are the qualifications to take note:
- High school diploma or equivalent (college coursework is better)
- Active practicing Catholic is better but it is not that necessary
- Have to or more years of experience as an administrative assistant
The knowledge, skills, and abilities that should be possessed by the candidates include:
- The ability to actively support the mission of Chaminade, which is to Love, Learn, and Lead and work within the framework of Chaminade’s Characteristics of Marianist Education.
- Excellent people skills
- Should have a strong will and dream to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Good at managing time
- Can pay attention to detail and have problem solving skills
- Good at writing and have verbal communication skills
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Good at MS Office
- Can maintain the highest standards of discretion and confidentiality
- Have the ability to apply knowledge of in use of applicable technologies
About Administrative Job
Being an administrator at a school is definitely not easy and it could be stressful as it is full of responsibility. There are several positions related to administrative jobs. They might work at a primary, secondary, or post secondary school. It is also possible for them to work in the education programs for adults.
The school administrator is such a unique job. The one who is responsible for this job might have another position such as a principal, assistant principal, or something else. The job descriptions vary but there are some common traits. Those in school administration usually work in schools but they do not teach. Actually, there is a possibility for them to help the students, to support faculty, to maintain the academic records, and to be a bridge between the parents and the schools.
To be able to apply for the administrator position, one has to:
- Completing a bachelor’s degree and teacher preparation program
- Earning the state teaching license
- Earning a minimum of two to three years of teaching experience
- Completing a master’s, specialist, or doctoral degree in education administration or a field that is close to it such as educational leadership and policy
- Passing the tests to ern a public school administrator’s license held by the state
- Starting applying to open administrative positions
Just like any other jobs, the salaries of the administrator vary based on the job title. The elementary, middle, and secondary school principals usually paid about $95.3110. For the post secondary, the earnings is around $94,340.