For those who want to find out some information related to KSU D2L Owl Express, you have to read this entire article. Here we are going to talk about that. Ensure that you will not miss any information.
What is KSU D2L Owl Express?
This online system is utilized to register for the courses. Also, Owl Express provides you with an easy and secure method of accessing your student records and financial aid information. KSU D2L itself is a learning management system used for planning, implementing, and assessing a learning process.
Log into Owl Express with NetID
NetID is your login for access to campus resources. NetID is used for accessing Owl Express, D2L Brightspace, email, and other campus computing resources. Formerly, your NetID password is your KSU ID number and KSU. After you activate your account, then your password will be active for 365 days after the activation date.
Changing your NetID password Owl Express
Talk about NetID used for log into Owl Express, now you may want to know how to change your NetID password. Probably, you ever got an email notice saying that your password expires soon. For this case, you have to change your NetID password as soon as possible.
Here are steps to change your NetID password:
- At the first step, you have to log into the NetID site.
- After that, you are able to click “Change Password”.
- Before you change your password, you need to set mobile devices to airplane mode and log out of Outlook.
To reset your password, you will be able to visit this link: https://netid.kennesaw.edu/itim/self/Login/Logon.do. It is a Kennesaw State University information system, the usage of which is governed by University System of Georgia and KSU Policies and Procedures.
By the way, what should you do after you change your NetID password? Maybe, you have software on your computer which stores your NetID password to access lots of services. After you change your NetID password, then you have to update any stored NetID password to reflect the new password and also avoid being locked out of your account.
Register for the courses
As we said before, Owl Express is used to register for the courses. Now, you may want to know how to register for the course.
Here are some steps to register for the course:
- At the first step, you have to go to the page of log into Owl Express.
- Then, you have to enter your KSU NetID.
- After that, you have to enter your password.
- Please make sure that you enter your KSU NetID and password correctly so that you will be able to log into Owl Express successfully.
- Lastly, you only need to click the sign in button.
Warning: Please use your primary Email address to login.
- Students: [Netid]@students.kennesaw.edu
- Faculty/Staff: [NetID]@kennesaw.edu
- GHC Students: [NetID]@win.kennesaw.edu
The students register for eCore courses in Owl Express with the same exact way they do any other KSU course. The Registrar’s Office has already published registration guidelines and also tips on the Student Registration page. You are able to review this information carefully for registration tips, guides, and troubleshooting.
Registration error message: For the students who have not completed the eCore Orientation, they are going to receive an attribute error when trying to register for eCore classes. The students who have not satisfied the course prerequisite, they are going to receive a prerequisite error when trying to register for eCore classes. If you believe that you are getting a message in error, so you are able to reach out to the eCampus Programs Manager, Kelley Price, at 470-578-3592 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Number of seats per course: eCore will add seats to course sections based on demand. A seat balancer runs every ten minutes, so if a section appears full, you will be able to check back in several minutes for available seats. The courses do not have unlimited seats, so they are able to fill up near the beginning of a semester. The number of section seats displayed in Owl Express are the number of seats allotted to KSU and not the total number of seats in the eCore course section.
Final Grades and Grade Submission
Usually, the instructors submit the grades via Owl Express to the Office of the Registrar. It is only the primary instructor (as designated in Banner) can submit final grades. Each instructor is responsible for submitting the grades no later than the final grade submission deadline.
The not reported (NR) grade is reserved for academic integrity cases. It is reported by the instructor to the Office of the Registrar to post. The not reported (NR) grades have to be reported to the Office of the Registrar no later than the final grade submission deadline.
Submitting the Final Grades Steps
The faculty with a Buckley form will have access to the final grade roster through the Faculty tab in Owl Express. If the Faculty tab is not available, the faculty members have to submit a completed Buckley form to the Office of the Registrar, email@example.com.
- Firstly, go to Kennesaw.edu webpage.
- After that, click on the “Owl Express” link at the bottom of the page.
- Then, enter your KSU email address and Password to access OWL Express.
- Please choose the Faculty Services tab and choose Final Grade Submission.
- All sections which have been assigned to a faculty member are going to be in the drop down menu. Only the primary faculty member can have access to enter the grades. Choose the CRN to enter the final grades and choose Submit CRN.
- Once entering the grades for each student on the final grade submission roll, the faculty can use the pull down menu or enter a grade. By using the mouse or pressing Tab, faculty can move to the next student.
- The faculty need to click on Submit at the end of each page to officially submit grades. The grades cannot be saved unless this action is taken.
- After finishing, simply log off the system by clicking on the exit button.