At Kennesaw State of University, D2L Brightspace is used for learning process. What is D2L Brightspace? How to use it? Let’s find the information about it here so that you will be familiar with it when you have to use it at KSU.
D2L Brightspace is a learning management system which gives you the features, tools and support that you need to help drive success with engaging learning experiences. With Brightspace from D2L, you are able to do these things:
- You can simplify content creation and curation. You are allowed to create and add course content by using an HTML editor, linking to shared drives or external activities and more. You can also import course content from supported LMSs and content providers directly into the Brightspace platform.
- You can drive social and collaborative learning. You are allowed to connect face to face with integrated web conferencing and use whiteboards and slide sharing to make your virtual meetings and more engaging. Learners will also have opportunities to practice their skills and get personalized, pointed feedback with video-based assignments.
- You can uncomplicate the user experience. You will be able to access content from any device with a mobile-friendly interface which adapts to any screen size and apps that make content available anywhere even when you are offline.
- You can integrate your tools your way. You are able to use automation tools to release content according to learner progress, send notifications and messages based on preset criteria, streamline evaluations and more.
- You can partner with our experts for support. Your organization will be helped by data gurus to the best in learning science, strategy and design to optimize its use of the Brightspace platform. It has a personalized implementation and training experience which focus on what you need and eliminates what you do not need so that you can optimize your time and resources.
Brightspace can support various popular computer configurations, but it is recommended if you upgrade to the latest browser version. Make sure that you disable any automatic update for your current software configuration until you have finished your Brightspace online course at the end of each semester.
Brightspace can be compatible with every version of Windows or Apple operating system and it can run any of the supported web browsers including Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Apple Safari.
You can also access Brightspace through mobile phone including Android, Apple and Windows. If you use Android, make sure that the version is at least 5.0 or higher and you can use your Chrome browser on it to access D2L Brightspace. If you use Apple, you can use Safari or Chrome to access D2L Brightspace. If you use Windows, you are able to use Windows 10 OS and use Edge, Chrome or Firefox to access D2L Brightspace.
D2L Brightspace Pulse
There is not much information whether Kennesaw State of University (KSU) uses D2L Brightspace Pulse app or not. But, what is it? It is a mobile app which can help learners to keep connected and on track with their courses in Brightspace Learning Environment. With this app, you will be provided with one easy view of course calendars, assignments, readings, grades, evaluations, and announcement items.
This app will be able to help learners to make better decisions about how to handle workload, when to submit assignments and when to prepare for tests. This app has real time alerts which can allow learners to now when classes are cancelled, rooms are moved, or new grades are available. It also provides schedule view and weekly visualization which enables learners to check what is due today, this week and upcoming across all their courses.
You are able to download Brightspace Pulse at Google Play store or Apple App Store. This app can be compatible with Brightspace platform 10.5.1 and higher. By default, it is turned on for use in your organization.
Brightspace Pulse app can be used optimally for mobile devices for Android 5.0 or later on tablets or phones and iOS 11.0 or later on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. To know whether KSU uses this Brightspace Pulse or not, you can ask the KSU Service Desk.
Third Party Tools in D2L at KSU
According to KSU website, there are some third-party tools which are used in D2L at KSU. Those are:
- Films on Demand
It permits faculty to search for Films on Demand videos from within D2L Brightspace and embed them in course. It also offers a lot of videos in humanities, science, social sciences, health, business and careers.
- Respondus LockDown Browser
In the LockDown Browser Dashboard, there are the settings that you need to enable the Respondus LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor.
- Collaborate Ultra – Moderators
When you access Collaborate Ultra, you will be brought to your session.
- ReadSpeaker & DocReader
It provides text to text speech solutions in D2L Brightspace. Besides, it provides faculty and students with alternative methods for consuming text-based content such as through listening to it directly or downloading it as a sound file without having to download and install additional software.
- Turnitin Feedback Studio
With it, you will be provided with originality checking services, class management tools and paperless digital grading products to educational institutions around the worlds.
- Kaltura MediaSpace
It is a solution from KSU to upload and stream media content, including videos and audio. This tool is available through integration in D2L Brightspace.
This is an online tool that can be used for having conversations around media such as videos or images. With it, your class can take part in the conversation via microphone, webcam, or typed text. It is integrated with D2L Brightspace and it is available for all courses at KSU.
- SoftChalk Cloud
It is a web application which permits you to create lessons to publish online. Lessons can include multimedia, text, self-check quizzes and more.
It has been integrated into D2L Brightspace so that it can be easier to conduct live, virtual meetings with your class.