All students with the age below 18 at the time of applying for housing will be prevented from completing a housing application and they should get approval from a parent or guardian. After getting approval, students will be allowed to complete the housing application on the next business day.
There is a way provided by KSUview for a student to identify one as a designee and grant permission for a designee to view chosen student information. This kind of thing allows students to safeguard their own FlashLine username and password and meet requests from your family members for access. By using this portal, students are able to identify a parent or guardian who can give the approval for the student to complete the housing application of Kent State University.
Students who have signed in KSUview before should log in and confirm their parental or guardian has authorization for the Parental Approval for Minors section. Each parent with access to KSUview is able to sign into KSUview and confirm they are able to give permission to start the housing application.
- Sign in to FLashLine.
- Hit the Student button, then Resources, then Requests and Authorizations and then choose KSUview. Aside from that, you can also search for KSUview using the search bar.
- Press the Add Designee.
- Give the first name, last name, and email address of your parent or your guardian.
- You will receive an email that is sent to your email address you specify for your designee with login information to KSUview.
- Press on Expand located next to your designee.
- Fill in the profile information for your designee. You need to designate either a Mother, Father, Step Mother, Step Father, or Legal Guardian to provide Parental Approval for minors.
- Choose the Authorization tab.
- Choose the information that you want your designee to view. Do not forget to choose Parental Approval for Minors located below Housing Application Permission. This one must be checked so that your designee is able to grant your wish to complete the online housing application.
- Press on Send email to designee which is able to be found in the top right corner.
Parent or Guardian Steps:
- Check the email sent by Kent State University entitled New KSUview account – action required. The ones with the subject line KSUview access authorizations will give you information about the student that has given authorization for you to have the access to certain pages in KSUview.
- Hit the link provided and enter your temporary password attached in the email.
- Enter your email address and make a new PIN. You can use the temporary password from Step 2 as your Old Pin and please keep in mind that your new PIN can only be a series of numbers.
- After that, you will be directed to the profile page. Please give the needed information and click Save.
- Choose the student name. If you are a designee for more than one student, you may see more than one name.
- Choose Parental Approval for Minors.
- Read the whole information, choose the appropriate term, and press Submit if you agree.