iPERMS is an abbreviation for Interactive Personnel Records Management System, an online information system or document database to save and manage military personnel records used by the Army. Well, let us talk about iPERMS Army site and other information related to iPERMS Army here.
Overview – Soldier Access to iPERMS
Soldiers are able to see their AMHRR (Army Military Human Resource Record) through iPERMS. Also, they will be able to proceed directly to the iPERMS website.
For those who do not have access to a CAC enabled computer, you are able to access your record from the HRC Portal: https://www.hrcapps.army.mil/portal/. The HRC Portal is able to be logged into with a CAC, AKO Username and Password, or a DS Logon. To get information on the DS Logon, you are able to see the HRC Portal Login Guide or simply visit the DS Logon Help Center.
To do an iPERMS army login, you have to complete several steps. You have to fill in the correct form and submit it to get access before you are able to log in. Having paperwork which scattered around your office is not a pretty sight to see. The Army has continued to develop in terms of technology and other sectors too. One of the services is iPERMS, as iPERMS personnel will be able to store their documents in the Army network where it is organized and safe. Before doing an iPERMS Army login, you need to know a brief explanation of iPERMS.
What is iPERMS?
As we explained above, iPERMS is an abbreviation for Interactive Personnel Records Management System, an online information system or document database to store and manage military personnel records used by the Army. The service will help to eliminate or reduce unit-level stockpile paperwork, also giving them the flexibility of accessing your personal Army files on any computer. Need to know that iPERMS minimizes the possibility of losing documents because of offline storage.
Getting iPERMS Access
To get access to iPERMS, there are several steps that you need to do:
- You have to complete DD Form 2875 and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have to complete all requirements mentioned on the DD Form 2875.
- Any changes of unit assignments, scopes, or duties ask you to submit a new DD Form 2875.
- To keep your access, you have to login to https://iperms.hrc.army.mil/rms every 90 days at the very least. Loss of access will need you to resubmit the DD Form 2875 again. You will be able to find a blank DD Form 2875.
- You have to allow 5 business days to process the access requests. If not given, you are able to call 502-613-9990 for support.
How to Login to iPERMS?
After you have your CAC or AKO account ready, then you are able to login to iPERMS. Please follow these easy steps below.
- Firstly, ensure that your CAC and CAC reader are ready.
- After that, you have to plug in your CAC before accessing the ALMS site.
- Then, you need to configure your computer web browser to make it work with a government-based site, you are able to view the tutorial.
- Now, you are able to go to https://www.hrc.army.mil/.
- You have to select whether you want to log in using CAC or AKO. If you want to use your AKO account, simply enter the information required at the HRC (Human Resource Command) login page.
- After login successfully, just click on the “Reserve/Retiree/Veteran Record” menu and choose “Documents”.
Having your Army personal records stored in a safe Army network where you are able to access it anytime is of course a great thing to have. But, it does not mean that you are able to neglect your physical documents. Please always keep in mind to store crucial documents where it is safe and easy to manage because online and offline documents are equally crucial.
How to manage iPERMS file?
Now, we are going to share some tips for managing your iPERMS file better.
- Check your iPERMS file one each month
One day each month, preferably on the first or last day of the month, you have to check your iPERMS file online. You are able to access your file by logging into your Army AKO account. After you do that, you are able to review your iPERMS file to see whether any new documents have been added or removed. If you check your iPERMS at least once a month, then you are able to find mistakes and fix them immediately. Usually, most Soldiers only check their iPERMS file once a year.
- Know your iPERMS manager
You have to find out who is responsible for managing the iPERMS program within your state. After you find out who they are, you are able to call or send them an email to introduce yourself. Please treat them nicely. Ask if you are able to set up an appointment with them to learn regarding the iPERMS process and go through your records.
- Submit new files to your S1 channels when you receive them
Whenever you get a new document, including an evaluation report or an award, you have to submit it to iPERMS through your S1 channels. Ensure that they attach a TL to your document and that they submit it to the iPERMS section in a reasonable amount of time. After two to three weeks, you have to check to see whether the document has been uploaded into your iPERMS file. If it has, just send the iPERMS team a thank you email for processing your files quickly. If it is not updated in iPERMS within a few weeks, you have to move to the next step.
- Follow up
If you have a discrepancy in your personnel file, you have to follow up with your S1 or iPERMS manager consistently. Please send them emails or call them. Even if you annoy them, that is okay. If you still cannot get your problems resolved, you have to ask your first line supervisor or Company Commander to help you.