For some reasons, you may want to delete your Course Hero account, but you wonder whether your documents that you’ve uploaded are automatically deleted or not. However, documents that you have uploaded in Course Hero are very crucial and you may be afraid if your documents are misused.
If you really need the information about it, no worries, you can dive into our post to find out the real facts about it and what you should do if you want your documents deleted. Here you go!
Will Your Course Hero Documents Be Deleted After Account Deactivation?
According to Course Hero Customer Support, the documents that you have uploaded in Course Hero are not deleted if you deactivate your account. In other words, your documents in Course Hero will still exist, as long as you don’t ask Course Hero Support to delete them.
If you want to delete your documents in Course Hero, you can request the removal of specific documents that you have uploaded. You can go to the ‘Contact Us’ page. On the Contact Us page, you make make request by including:
- The URL or the title of your document
- The reason why you would like your documents to be removed.
After making the request, your documents will be automatically deleted by Course Hero Support and your documents will not appear in Course Hero.
If you see your documents that have been posted to Course Hero, but you didn’t upload them from your account, you can go to Course Hero’s Copyright Dispute page. After that, Course Hero Support will send you a confirmation email back after they have confirmed receipt.
How to Deactivate Your Course Hero Account?
If you want to deactivate your Course Hero Account, make sure you are not an active paid member. According to Course Hero Support, deactivating your account is not an option if you are currently a paid member of Course Hero.
In other words, you may need to wait after your Premier Membership ends. If your membership will end, you may need to cancel your recurring subscription, so that your next payment will not occur.
If you want to deactivate your Course Hero account after your membership ends, you can follow those steps below!
- First, you need to log into Course Hero.
- Then, you can click on your profile picture icon that can be found in the top-right corner.
- After that, you can choose ‘Account Settings’ and click on the ‘Deactivate Account’ button.
- After you click, you will see a pop-up window prompting you to confirm that you would like to deactivate.
- Once you confirm it, you will be logged out of Course Hero immediately.
Of course, you do not have a Course Hero account anymore. After you have deactivated your Course Hero account and you want to re-enable it, you can contact Course Hero Customer Support by clicking ‘Contact Us’ page.
In addition to deactivate your Course Hero account, you may also want to cancel your Course Hero subscription. The good news! You definitely can cancel your Course Hero recurring subscription at any time to stop further charges.
It’s important to note, it will not refund any new or recent recurring charges automatically. You can cancel your subscription by following step-by-step below depending on your device.
On Course Hero Website
- First, you need to log into your Course Hero account.
- Then, go to your profile picture and go to your Account Settings.
- After that, you can click the ‘Stop Recurring Membership’ button.
- You can then follow the instructions on the page to confirm cancellation.
- If you want to cancel your subscriptions on iTunes, you can do it directly through iTunes account. You can also contact Apple Customer Support for any billing related questions.
On Google Play Store
- If you want to cancel your subscriptions on Google Play Store, you can do it directly through your Google Play account. You can also contact Google Play Customer Support for any billing related questions.
After you have finished that process, you will then receive an email to confirm that your membership has been canceled successfully. After the membership period ends, your Course Hero account will revert to Basic Membership, meaning you will have Premier access until then.
What Kinds of Documents Can You Upload to Course Hero?
As we know that Course Hero aims to help the students learn more effectively and efficiently, so the documents that will be helpful for their studying process are absolutely what must be uploaded. So, here are the specific requirements for each document:
- Your documents should be tagged to the correct course at the correct school.
- Your documents should contain useful information and must be a full page or longer.
- Your documents should have a descriptive and helpful title.
- Your documents cannot be separated into multiple documents.
- Your documents cannot already exist on Course Hero.
- Your documents cannot be a photograph.
- Your documents should be correctly classified as one of the types including Notes, Test Prep, Homework Help, Essay and Lab Report.
As a Course Hero contribution, you actually represent that:
- You have the copyrights covering the files to be uploaded and also have express permission from the copyright owners to upload the files.
- Your uploading of the files that you have chosen will not violate any regulation, law or also ethics code.
For more information, Course Hero’s system will take roughly 1 – 3 hours, however it may take up to 24 hours for documents to be processed, accepted and credited to your Course Hero account.
In the case of uploading your documents, make sure that your documents belong to you, not someone else. To upload your documents or content to Course Hero, you should be the copyright owner or have the copyright owner’s permission.