You may be one of the teachers who use Raz-Kids. If this is your first time using it, it means that you need a guide how to use it. Well, you come to the right site because here we will inform you about how to use Raz-Kids for teachers.
How to Add Students to Your Roster
To get students started, you have to add your students to your roster. As explained on the official website of Raz-Kids, the Roster will make it easy to create logins, send messages and manage student activity for all your Learning A-Z subscriptions. The Roster can be used to customize passwords, reading levels, incentives, groups and more for your students. As a teacher who uses Raz-Kids, you can create a Roster when you first log in to benefit from product features and ensure students get the most from their personalized learning environment.
a) Student Passwords
It may be assigned by using an icon or text.
It permits you to be able to organize students according to skill level, interest or project.
It can be turned on or off students use to customize their Raz Rocket or Avatar Builder.
How to add your students to your roster or class? You are able to follow the steps below.
- First, you have to click on the Roster.
- Then, you must click on Students.
- In this step, you have to click on the Transfer Students. If you find that your students are not in the Raz-Kids system to transfer, you will have to add students. To add students, follow these steps.
- You have to click on Add Multiple Students.
- After that, you have to type in the name of the student and then choose a Reading Level.
- Now, click on Add New.
Determining Student Reading Level
Determining student reading level is another thing that you have to do to get students started after adding students to your Roster. If you have known a student’s reading level, you can choose it when you add them to your Roster. However, if you do not know the reading level of a student, you have to choose the Reading Placement Tool. This Reading Placement Tool is created for newly rostered students.
What the Reading Placement Tool Can do? It will identify the appropriate starting point for students using Raz-Plus or Raz-Kids through a series of adaptive reading activities. After the students have completed the activities, students will be leveled at one of nine entry points. This tool will place students at one of nine entry point levels, close to their independent reading level.
Communicating Kids A-Z Login Instructions to Students and Parents
After you add your students to your roster and determine their reading level, the next thing that you have to do is to communicate kids A-Z login instructions to Students and Parents.
You have to download the personalized Student Login Cards and give them to students so that they are able to log into the Kids A-Z Student Portal by using their username and password in class or at home. You also have to download the Letter to Parents to get parents and guardians started using Learning A-Z products at home. For your information, the letter is available in multiple languages and it is used to introduce Learning A-Z products available to students, explains student login instructions and also instructs parents and guardians how they are able to get progress reports through email in a variety of languages.
The Steps to Customize the Reading Room for Your Students
In the Kids A-Z Reading Room, there is a digital library of resources that can be read by students. The homepage is dynamic so that it makes it easy for students to be able to find relevant, high-interest content quickly that can excite them.
Now, how to customize the Reading Room for students? It can be done by choosing which reading levels and content categories students can view. By default, students have access to books three levels below and two levels above the Learning A-Z reading level where they are assigned. They also can access English and Spanish books. If you want to customize the Reading Room for your students, here are the steps for doing it.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access your Classroom Roster and you can do that by choosing Manage Students, and then choose Roster.
- After that, you have to choose the Raz-Plus or raz-Kids tab.
- In this step, you have to choose the individual student, group of students or the whole class.
- Then, under the Reading Room column, you have to choose the Edit icon and then choose Customize.
- You have to use the pop up window to customize the Reading Room experience for your students.
- At last, you have to choose Save and Close to save your settings.
How to Provide Parent Access
You are able to send a letter to parents that explains how to log in from home through the Kids A-Z interactive learning environment. In the letter, there is an explanation about how parents can monitor their child’s activity. You are able to download the letter for the class as a single PDF file or as a zip file which contains individual PDF files for each student.
You can provide parents access by adding the parent’s email address. You will only need an email address to be able to sign up parents from the Roster page. Follow the steps below for doing it.
- First, you have to find the student on your roster.
- After that, you need to click the edit icon.
- Next, you must click ‘Parent Access’.
- In this step, you have to add parent’s email address.
For your information, parents are also able to request access. If there is a parent who requests access from their student’s account, there will be a red icon which appears beside the student’s name on the Roster page. The thing that you have to do here is to click on the icon to approve parent access.