Do you want to have extra income? If so, being a tutor in Course Hero can be one of your options. Being a tutor on this platform, you can do the job anytime. Here, I will explain how to use Course Hero as a tutor.
Applying to be a Tutor in Course Hero
Before you use Course Hero as a tutor, of course the first thing that you have to do is to apply to be a tutor in Course Hero. How do I apply to be a tutor in Course Hero? Here are the steps to follow.
- First, you need to create your Course Hero tutor account.
- After you create a Course Hero account, you need to choose subjects that you want to be a tutor for. You can choose up to 15+ subjects that you want to apply for. For your information, some subjects require an assessment quiz.
- Then, after you complete the application form, you are required to upload your ID and academic credentials such as a diploma, professional certificate or license, or school transcript. On Course Hero Support page, it is explained that you also have to upload a photo of you holding your ID.
- Finally, if you are approved, you are able to begin tutoring.
It is important for you to note that the Course Hero team will review your application and respond to you in 3 to 5 business days.
Before you apply, make sure you prepare the requirements so that it will be easier for you when you have to upload it. First, you must prepare your proof of education. It can be a diploma, certificate, unofficial transcript and so on. Second, you need to prepare your valid ID. It is best if it is government or school issued. And third thing that you have to prepare is a photo with the submitted ID where it permits the hiring manager to verify your identity.
FAQs About Being a Tutor in Course Hero
There are some FAQs which you may want to know to be a tutor in Course Hero. Here they are according to the Course Hero site.
- Does a Course Hero tutor have to be a certified tutor or a professor?
Answer: Course Hero team believe that experts take all forms. So, to be a tutor in Course Hero does not need to be a certified tutor or professor. However, it is important for you to note that you are required to share enough credentials to prove that you have an expertise in the categories which you want to tutor.
- How long does a Course Hero tutor candidate expect to wait to hear back about his or her application?
Answer: Generally, a Course Hero tutor candidate will hear back from the Course Hero team in 1 to 3 business days. Sometimes, especially when the demand is high or during the holidays, it may take the Course Hero team longer.
- Is a Course Hero tutor required to tutor for a certain amount of time or answer a minimum number of questions?
Answer: No, a course tutor is not required to tutor for a certain amount of time or answer a minimum number of questions. Becoming a tutor in Course Hero is an independent contractor position. However, it is important for you to know that if you have a higher rating, it means that you will have more chances to get money.
- How much can a Course Hero tutor make?
Answer: If you become top tier tutors, you are able to earn around $1,500 per month. The actual earnings as a tutor in Course Hero may vary because it depends on some factors such as subject category, number of questions answered, question difficulty, answer quality and other factors.
- If I join as a tutor, what is my legal relationship to Course Hero?
Answer: After you sign up as a Course Hero tutor, it means that you agree to work as an independent freelancer which means that there is no employer and employee relationship between you and Course Hero. Here, you are only paid for answering the questions from students and you have the flexibility and freedom to do this work whenever and wherever you like.
Using Course Hero as a Tutor
If you want to know more about using Course Hero as a tutor, you are able to watch a video on Youtube from Course Hero Tips entitled Course Hero Tutoring 101 | Tutor Dashboard, Best Practices, Payments, and Violations where the length of this video is 56 minutes 57 seconds and it has been watched more than 24k times. In this video, you will get the information about the company overview, benefits of being a tutor at Course Hero, 3 core tutoring values, earning through Course Hero, how you receive payment, introduction to the Tutor Dashboard and best practices.
The Benefits to be a Tutor in Course Hero
If you decide to be a tutor in Course Hero, there are a number of benefits that you will get. Those benefits are listed below.
- By being a tutor in Course Hero, you will help students. It means that you will use your knowledge that you got from school, university, courses or training that you took. So, you will exercise your brain and review everything that you have learned.
- By being a tutor in Course Hero, you are able to get extra income.
- By being a tutor in Course Hero, you are able to spend your time well. Let’s say that you have a lot of time, but you mostly waste your time by doing something unimportant. Instead of wasting your time or spending your time with unimportant activities, it is better for you to be a tutor here.
- You are able to tutor anytime. There is no fixed schedule to be a tutor on Course Hero. You are able to tutor anytime. So, you are able to do your duties first, and then after you do all of your duties and you still have time, you can tutor at Course Hero.