When you play Kahoot, you are required to enter a game pin. But, is it possible for us to play Kahoot without a game pin? If it is possible, how to play Kahoot without a game pin? Let’s find out the information about Playing Kahoot and the game pin here.
Playing Kahoot Without a PIN
After I tried to find the information about playing Kahoot without a game PIN from several online sources, in Kahoot Support page, it is explained that you are able to join an assignment without a PIN. There, it is explained that if the assigned of the kahoot chooses, they are able to share a link to their assignment instead of PIN. If you have such a link, then the thing that you have to do is to click or tap the link. If you have installed Kahoot mobile app on your device, the assignment will open in the mobile app. If not, the assignment will open in the web browser of your device.
Playing Kahoot With a PIN
Here are the steps to play Kahoot with a PIN.
- The first thing that you have to do is to log in to your Kahoot account.
- After you log in, then you have to find a game to play. You have to click on the Discover on the top navigation bar to search from our library of millions or you are able to choose a game from one of kahoot’s collections.
- In this step, you have to click on the Play button.
- Then, when you see that the screen launches, you have to select the Classic game.
- The game lobby launches and it will show a unique game PIN where it can be seen by all players.
- Players can use their own devices such as their phone to join the game via kahoot.it or the Kahoot app and they can join the game by entering the PIN and their nickname.
- If all players are in the game lobby, then click on the Start button.
- Players will have to answer the questions that appear on the shared screen with their devices. You are able to find each answer option on the shared screen inside a box with a specific color and shape that matches the boxes shown on the screen of the player.
- After each question, there will be a leaderboard which shows the top 5 players. On their own devices, players are allowed to view their points and place.
- At the end of the game, the nickname of the winner will appear on the shared screen and players can see their final place on their device.
Finding a Game PIN
In Kahoot, a game PIN is a unique code and it is temporary where it identifies which game that you want to join. When someone presents a live kahoot or assigns a kahoot, this PIN is produced. To each kahoot session, the game pins are unique. They are produced after a kahoot has been launched.
How to find a game PIN in kahoot? You have to be at a location where someone is hosting a kahoot.The screen that they have launched the kahoot on needs to be in sight for you to see the pin of the game.
If you are a participant of a game, you are not able to generate a PIN. The PIN must be given by someone that is hosting a game.
How to Join A Game If I Have A Pin Already
Have you had a PIN already for joining a game in kahoot? If you want to join a game, no account is used to join a game unless the host activated ‘player identifier’ on the game you are joining, you are not required to persist from game to game. Here are the steps to join a game if you have a PIN already.
- First, you need to open your web browser on your device and then you have to go to kahoot.it. Alternatively, you can open the kahoot mobile app and then tap Enter PIN.
- After that, you have to enter a game PIN.
- If the host enabled ‘player identifier’, you have to provide the requested identifier.
- If the host enabled ‘friendly nickname generator’, you are able to click or tap the ‘spin’ button to select a random nickname. If it is disabled, you are able to type a nickname that you want.
Generating Kahoot PIN
In the steps below, you are able to see how to create your first Kahoot game and have a PIN generated according to Gaming Pirate.
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to Kahoot.com. After that, you have to sign up for an account there. After you sign up, then log in and click on the Create button which can be found at the top right corner of the navigation bar.
- On the next screen, the thing that you have to do is to choose New Kahoot and you will be brought to the quiz maker.
- In this step, you have to go and start typing your first quiz question. In the center, you need to add a proper image or video to make your queries more engaging and at the bottom, you are able to add 2 to 4 answer alternatives and choose the right one.
- You have to fiddle with the options presented at the right side of the screen. Under the question type, you are able to switch to True or False or whatever you want.
- After that, under Time Limit, you must adjust the timer to how long you want a question to be answered and then choose how many points to award for a correct answer.
- Under Anwer Options, you must choose single select or multi select and then click the Add Question button which can be found at the left pane to create more questions.
- After that, you can fine-tune some settings. You have to click on the text saying Enter Kahoot Title…
- There will be a window popping out and you must go ahead and enter a title, description, lobby video, and a cover image. Then, you can change the language and visibility if you want and click done after you finish.
- On the quiz maker interface, you must click on the green Done button at the top right side of the screen and there will be a pop up telling you your Kahoot is ready to be played.
- Now, you have to go ahead and click on Play Now and you have to choose Host on the next screen.
- You have to choose to play individually or in Team and wait until a Game PIN is generated.
- Now, you can share the game PIN among the players and let them enter it at Kahoot.it to join the session.