The learning platform that is based on games has been widely used by the schools and universities since the first time it was released in 2013. If you are a student who want to take the advantage of it or if your tutors or teachers also use it and ask you to use it as well but you have no idea how to, here is guide to make a Kahoot account as a student:
- The first thing that you need to do is to go to the official website of Kahoot at kahoot.com.
- When you are on its homepage, find the green Sign up button that is located at the top right of the page and then click it.
- Then, choose your account type. As you are a student, the one that should be selected is the Student option. It is the second one from the left and the third one from right. It should be easy for you to find it as it has a blue color, which is different compared to the other ones.
- On a new page, you should enter your date of birth. For those who are under the age of 13 for the U.S. users and 16 for the users outside the United States, your account will have special safeguards until you are 13 or more for U.S. users and 16 or more for those outside the United States.
- After entering your date of birth, the next thing that you have to do is to add your school or university. Actually, this one is not currently used for anything. It might be available in the near future to help you connect with the other users who are at the same school or university. According to the official website of Kahoot at kahoot.com, it is still unknown how it would work.
- The sixth step to be done is to choose a username. Keep in mind that the username is like a persistent identifier for you within the services offered by Kahoot. The other users are able to find you by searching your username as long as you make it visible. If the other users of the platform know your username, they will be able to share Kahoots that are supposed to be secret and are only visible to themselves. Talking about the username, the one that is allowed is up to 20 characters. Your username should not consist of spaces or special characters with the exception of underscores and periods.
- After that, add your email address. This should be done by everyone who did not select to sign up with Google or Microsoft. By providing your email address, you will be allowed to sign in with your username or email. Based on your account settings, do not be surprised if you get marketing and service notifications, including the password reset.
- Once you are done adding your email address, it is time for you to create a password. Creating a password is also needed for those who did not choose to sign up with Google or Microsoft. It is like the security code that you should not tell anyone and you should remember to sign in to your account, along with your username or email. As for the password, it must be 6 to 20 characters long.
- I wish to receive information, offers, recommendations, and updates from Kahoot!
- I want Kahoot! to send me information, exclusive invitations and special offers from other companies.
If you are a user from the United States who is the age of 13 or over or if you are the user from outside the United States who is the age of 16 or over, you also have a chance to not allow Kahoot to send you information, offers, updates, and recommendations. The content is usually in the form of an email newsletter with recommended things and the information about the new product features. However, this option is not available for all the U.S. users who are under the age of 13 and those who are below 16 from outside the United States due to the fact that Kahoot does not want to involve children for marketing purposes. It is actually good news, especially for those who find the marketing thingy annoying. If you are a user from the United States who are the age of 13 or over or if you are the user from outside the United States who are the age of 16 or over, you also have a chance to not allow Kahoot to send you relevant information on behalf of the other companies, which is usually in the form of recommended Kahoots made by their partners. The likes of email addresses and some other information are safe and there is no way for them to be leaked to the other ones. Feel free to opt out the messages related to marketing whenever you want. Fortunately, this checkbox is not available to all the U.S. users who are under the age of 13 and those who are below 16 from outside the United States as Kahoot does not want to involve children for marketing purposes.
- Lastly, click Join Kahoot! Button.
The methods to make a Kahoot account vary depending on who you are and what you need. If you are a teacher, an employee, or someone else, please look for the other guides.