CodeHS is a teaching platform that helps schools to teach computer science. The teaching platform is web-based curriculum, professional development and teacher tools and also resources. CodeHS aims to empower all students to meaningfully impact the future.
To access CodeHS platform, the individuals need to join a class first. Joining a CodeHS class will take a few steps until you’re allowed to access a CodeHS class. If you are interested in learning through CodeHS, you will need to join a class first. If you do not know yet how to join a CodeHS class, you can see the guide in our post below!
Joining a CodeHS Class, Here’s How!
CodeHS actually provides a great curriculum, tools and resources for students, teachers and also schools to apply high quality computer science programs. Furthermore, CodeHS seems to give a chance for everyone who wants to learn about coding. As we know, coding is a skill providing limitless creative opportunity to students.
The teaching platform also wants to help make computer science education fun and accessible. In fact, everyone really needs both a great community and great tools to make it happen. CodeHS performs this through their support for teachers, students and schools with the help of their dedicated team and excellent tutors.
Here’s how to join a CodeHS class!
Step 1: Creating a CodeHS account
To join CodeHS platform, you will need to create a CodeHS account first. Creating a CodeHS account will be performed after your teacher gives you a URL or a Class Code. If your teacher gives you a URL and you click on it, you will be prompted to create a CodeHS account.
- To create a CodeHS account, you can go to codehs.com.
- Once you are at the CodeHS page, you need to click the ‘Sign Up’ button.
- After that, click the ‘Create Student Account’ button.
- In the following page, you need to enter your first and last name.
- Then, enter your email address. (To note, an email you can use does not need to be a working email. It will be your login. Then, your teacher can change it later if they have to)
- Afterwards, you can create a password. In the case of creating a password, your teacher will be able to help with resetting your password if you need it.
- If your teacher gave you a ‘Class Code’, you can enter it at the bottom of the page. If your teacher sends you a ‘Join Link’, it will automatically be filled. If you do not have a class code or a join link, you can contact your teacher.
Step 2: Joining a CodeHS Class
If you already created a CodeHS class, you will be able to enroll in a new Section by using the class code.
- To join a CodeHS class, you can go to https://codehs.com/join_class or click on ‘Join Section’ that you can find in the left navigation bar.
- If you are logged into CodeHS and visit the invitation URL, you will go to the Join Section page here.
Step 3: Getting Started in CodeHS
You will view your student page that lists all the sections in which you’re enrolled whenever you login. You can then click the name of the section to view all modules and begin working through the curriculum. If you click on Resume, it will take you to the last activity you were working on.
Congratulations! You have created a CodeHS account and joined a CodeHS class. You will get started to learn coding materials through CodeHS teaching platform. Now, it’s your turn to create a CodeHS and join a CodeHS class.
What Will You Learn at CodeHS?
Here are the courses you will learn at CodeHS teaching platform:
- Intro to Computer Science in Python 3
This course will teach the fundamentals of computer programming and some advanced features of the Python language. By learning this course, you will develop an appreciation for how computers store and manipulate information by establishing simple console-based games.
This course is the newest AP course from the College Board that will introduce students to the foundational concepts of computer science and explores the impact of computing and technology. Furthermore, you will learn about digital information, internet, data, programming, and apply those concepts through creative projects while establishing their portfolio.
- AP Computer Science Principles in Python
This course will introduce you to the foundational concepts of computer science and challenge you to explore how computing and technology can influence the world. This course will also prepare the individuals for college and career with a unique focus on creative problem solving and real world applications.
- AP Computer Science A (Mocha)
This course is a year-long course that is designed to help you master the basics of Java and equip them to pass the College Board AP Computer Science A Exam at the end of the school year successfully. The term ‘Mocha’ means the original CodeHS AP CS A course that is taken by many thousands of students over many years.
- AP Computer Science A (Nitro)
This course is a year-long course that is designed to assist students master the basics of Java and equip them to pass the College Board AP Computer Science A Exam at the end of the school year successfully. The term ‘Nitro’means the latest version that aligns to the College Board’s new unit structure.
Okay, those are some courses that you will learn through CodeHS. There are still remaining courses that you will learn at CodeHS platform including Computing Ideas, Web Design, Introduction to SQL, Cybersecurity, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity and Advanced Cybersecurity.