Do you want to get a medical assistant with a phlebotomy license program? If so, you have to make sure that you can get the right education. Where can we study to get a medical assistant with a phlebotomy license? There are a number of universities which offer this program and here are some of them.
Medical Assistant with a Phlebotomy Certification Program at MTI College in Sacramento, California
As explained on the MTI College site, Medical Assistants have a lot of career options. If you add phlebotomy training to the mix, you are able to open more doors. The hands-on job training of a Medical Assistant with a Phlebotomy Certification program is fast-paced and MTI College will give you the real-world experience you need to get into the medical field as a certified Medical Assistant and certified Phlebotomist.
What Are Covered by MTI Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy Classes?
The practical skills and knowledge that you have to pass the licensing exam and successfully work in the industry are covered by Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy courses. According to the MTI College site, here are the classes which are covered by MTI Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy.
- It covers comprehensive training in clinical and laboratory procedures.
- It covers 160 hour medical externships at a Sacramento doctors’ office or clinic.
- It covers anatomy and physiology.
- It covers medical terminology, medical records, and medical coding.
- It covers administrative office duties and computer skills.
- It covers a 40-80 hour phlebotomy externship at a Sacramento laboratory or hospital.
- It covers general phlebotomy techniques & specimen preparation.
- It covers infection control and safety.
- It covers Medical Ethics, legal Issues & communication.
- It covers pharmacology, problem solving, and much more.
MTI College Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Program and Campus Information
According to the MTI College site, here is the MTI College Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Program and Campus information.
- Campus Address: 5221 Madison Avenue Sacramento, CA 95841
- Course Length: 54 weeks
- Program Type: Mostly on-campus
- Financial Aid: There is financial aid for students who are eligible
- Accreditation: MTI College gets accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC)
- Medical Assistant Certification: Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA)
- Phlebotomy Certification: National Certified Phlebotomy Technician (NCPT)
- Phlebotomy License Eligibility: CPT I (California)
The Reasons Why You Have to Choose MTI College’s Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy Certification Program
Why do we have to choose Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy Certification program at MTI College? It is because MTI College is a member of the American Medical Technologists Association and National Center for Competency Testing. MTI College also prepares the graduates for the Nationally Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) exam and Certified Phlebotomy Technician exam.
The Cost and Admissions to Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Program at MTI College
As explained on the MTI College website, the tuition and fees to take Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Program at MTI College is like this:
- Tuition and Registration: $17,186
- Books and Supplies: $2,671
For admissions to MTI College, it is also explained on the MTI College site that you have to:
- interview with an admissions advisor
- give proof of graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- complete an application for admission
- take a placement assessment
Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Program at Gurnick Academy
Another place where you are able to get Medical Assistant with a Phlebotomy Program is Gurnick Academy. Here, you will practice and be adept at various clinical skills such as phlebotomy, patient education, and performing first aid.
On the Gurnick Academy site, it is explained that the program’s phlebotomy portion starts with 40 hours of classroom instruction in PHL 100. Before you move on to PHL 110L Clinical Externship, you need to pass a national phlebotomy certification exam. PHL 110L is 40 hours of off-site externship and if you are able to complete PHL 100 and PHL 110L, you are able to apply for the Phlebotomy Technician Certification Exam (CPT 1) and you can work work as a State Certified Phlebotomy Technician.
The Requirements for Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Program Admission at Gurnick Academy
If you want to be admitted to the Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy program at Gurnick Academy, you have to meet the requirements below.
- You need to submit an essay where it is no longer than one-page, double-spaced typed or handwritten and it needs to describes the reasons for your desire to be a Medical Assistant; personal attributes that you have that will support your ability to complete the MA program; and people, routines and resources to support your efforts throughout the program.
- If you are Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts Medical Assistant graduates working as a Medical Assistant at the time of MAPHL enrollment will have to prove the expected professional benefit.
- Some campuses may need an additional step such as an interview with the MA Program Supervisor, Program Coordinator or designee.
- Credit giving for the Medical Assistant portion of the Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Program is able to be accomplished by:
- being a graduate of the Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts Medical Assistant Program.
- You have to complete a Distance Education Questionnaire
Phlebotomy Courses at Gurnick Academy
In Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts, there is a library and classrooms equipped with audiovisual teaching aids, anatomical charts and models, and textbooks and journals. The Phlebotomy Technician Instructor to Student ratio can be seen below.
- 1:25 in lecture
- 1:15 laboratory
As explained on the Gurnick Academy site, the course is 8 hours per week where you have to attend didactic training and 8 hours per week you have to receive clinical instructions in patient care areas. Classes are held two times a week from 6 pm to 10 pm and the course is 40 hours of didactic instruction and 40 hours of externship education. It permits you to be able to apply lecture topics in practical use. It can be expected that to complete this portion of the program is 10 weeks, excluding any holidays and vacation times.
Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Program Accreditation and Approval at Gurnick Academy
As explained on the Gurnick Academy website that:
- Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts has national institutional accreditation by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts is a private institution approved to operate by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Program runs as an approved Phlebotomy Training site in the State of California. The program obeys to the California Department of Public Health standards for Phlebotomy Didactic Education and Clinical Experience.