As a student, graduate, or former student of Penn Foster High School, you are able to request to have your official academic transcript sent directly to you or another institution. By the way, how to get High School transcript from Penn Foster? Well, let us find out that information by reading the following text.
What Are Transcripts?
Basically, a transcript is a list of the classes you completed in high school. For your information, there are two types of transcripts, official and unofficial. Only official transcripts are needed for this program. Usually, official transcripts are in a sealed envelope or are occasionally a digital copy from a transcript service. They are utilized to transfer credits from previous high school experience.
Note: If your previous high school came from Penn Foster High School, you are currently/previously enrolled in Penn Foster as a self-paid high school student.
How to Get a High School Transcript from Penn Foster?
If you are a student or graduate of Penn Foster High School, then you are able to request your official academic transcript sent to you or another institution.
Here are some steps to request your High School Transcript from Penn Foster:
- After you have located your student record, you are going to be directed to fill out an official Penn Foster Transcript Request with a third-party vendor, Parchment.
- You are going to be asked to enter more detailed student information, and choose where or who you would like your transcript sent to.
- Then, you are able to select between an eTranscript or Paper Transcript that will be mailed to the address you select.
- The next step, you will need to give details on your order options, including which program you want your transcript generated for.
- Lastly, you will need to give an electronic signature of consent, and submit your payment information for the transcript processing. Before it is placed, you are going to have an opportunity to review your order.
Third Party Ordering
If you are an employer, verification firm, government agency or another school that tries to obtain a transcript on a student’s behalf, simply you are able to click the following link to get started tap here.
When and Where to Send Official Transcripts?
If you are needed to order transcripts on your own, here are several guidelines for doing so:
- After you have already submitted your application on the website and after you have been accepted into the program, your transcripts should be ordered ASAP.
- Your transcripts are able to be submitted before your start date or as you begin in the Penn Foster program.
- After your transcripts are sent, you are going to get an email from Penn Foster when they’ve received them.
You are going to need to get in contact with your previous high school and request an Official Transcript.
- If your high school subscribes to Parchment, you are able to order your transcript online.
- If your high school can send official transcripts electronically, you are able to send them to the Guild directly email@example.com. They will forward them to Penn Foster and let you know after they have been received.
- If your previous high school can only send transcripts via mail, then ensure that they are sent in a sealed envelope directly to Penn Foster.
- If your school sends your official transcript directly to you, you are able to put the sealed envelope in another blank envelope and then send it to the address of Penn Foster. Do not open the envelope with your official transcript inside. If you open the envelope, it will become an unofficial transcript.
- If your school is being unresponsive, you are able to reach out to their support team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and they are able to give you an Official Transcript Request form
How Are Transcripts Evaluated?
After Penn Foster receives your transcripts, they are going to compare the classes you have completed in high school with their own curriculum. Frequently, full-credit classes which you have passed and that match will be awarded as transfer credits. This makes sure that you will not have to re-take any courses that you already have taken in high school. No transfer credit will be given until official transcripts have been received and evaluated by Penn Foster.
Some Things to Know About Transcripts
- If you did not complete any high school courses, then you will not be needed to send your official transcript.
- Not having an official transcript will not stop you from starting the program on your start date.
- If you do not want to transfer your previous credits to your degree, you are able to choose to send transcripts within your application. With this option, you are going to be starting your degree from the beginning and will not have any previous credits.
- Penn Foster will allow up to 16 credits to be transferred in. Need to note that the Penn Foster program requires 21.5 credits total to receive your diploma.
- The first three courses in Penn Foster cannot be transferred in. This will give you extra time to get your official transcript submitted.
How to Get a Duplicate Diploma or Certificate?
If you are a graduate of Penn Foster High School, then you are able to request your duplicate diploma or certificate to be sent directly to you or another institution. Well, in the text below, we are going to share some steps to request your duplicate diploma or certificate from Penn Foster High School.
Here are some steps to do:
- After you have located your student record, you are going to be directed to fill out an official Penn Foster Diploma Request with a third-party vendor, Parchment.
- You are going to be prompted to enter more detailed student information, and choose where or who you would like your diploma emailed to.
- The last step, you need to provide an electronic signature of consent, and enter your payment information for the diploma processing. Before it is placed, you are going to have an opportunity to review your order.