Kahoot is the name of a web platform with so many things to offer. With it, every user is allowed to make fun games on their computers. Besides, it can also be used to make interactive learning games on mobile devices. Everything can be done easily and on top of that, everything is free.
Kahoot is clearly useful to make the process of learning easier, that’s why it is widely used by schools and universities. The things that are considered complex can turn into easy things and the process of learning can be done faster across all locations.
The games that are created on Kahoot are proven to be effective to improve the children in several subjects, including science, math, and history. Talking about the Kahoot games, after creating them, the creators are able to share and ask the other users from around the world to play the game with them. The most recommended ones to share the games include classrooms, conferences or family road trips, or any other group settings.
Joining a game in Kahoot is easy. However, there are a few requirements, as follows:
- A desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile device
- A good internet connection
- A Game PIN or link
It is important to have a supported web browser or the mobile app installed on your device. Besides, it is also important to have a stable internet connection. The regular connection is needed by the assignments. However, if you play live games, you will have to get a stable internet connection. If you think that the one that you have is not stable, you can try switching to a different connection method.
Everyone knows the first two. Then, what about the last one? What is a Game PIN or link? Game PIN usually consists of 6-digit codes. Just like any other PINs, it is unique. It is also temporary. The function of it is to identify Kahoot games. In other words, it is the one that identifies which game that you want to join. This kind of thing is apparently given when one presents a live Kahoot or assigns a Kahoot.
After knowing the requirements to join a game, it is time for you to know the way to enter Kahoot PIN to be able to join the game. Here is step by step to follow to enter the Kahoot PIN easily:
- The first thing that you should do is to fire up your device browser and then go to the kahoot.it.
- From the page, go ahead and enter the game PIN in your custody into the box provided and then press the Enter button.
- If your player identifier is enabled by your teacher like the host, the next thing that you have to do is to simply give the required information.
- It will be needed for you to tap on the spin button that is able to be seen on the screen to select a random name if the friendly nickname generator is enabled.
- In case no one of it is enabled, the best thing that you can do after entering the Game PIN and pressing the Enter button is to enter any nickname that you want and by doing so you will be taken to an on-going Kahoot.
If you are the type of person who is rarely in front of a computer, you can also download the mobile app called Kahoot! app. The app is available on Google Play Store for those with Android devices and it is also available to download on App Store if you use Apple phones.
For those who want to download and install Kahoot app, please follow these following steps:
- Firstly, go to either Google Play Store or App Store.
- When you are there, find the search bar and type the keyword such as Kahoot and press the Enter button on your keyboard.
- There might be a few things included in the result. If you are confused and have no idea which one to select, please choose the one named Kahoot! Play & Create Quizzes. If the hint is not enough for you, it is the one with the K capital letter and followed by an exclamation mark.
- On the page of the product, find the Install button and click it.
- Just like that the process of installation will be started.
After downloading and installing the app from either Google Play Store or App Store, you can follow the similar instructions explained above. Everything is the same except for the first one. The only difference is that instead of opening the browser on your device, you should open the app called Kahoot! that you downloaded before.
Aside from the via Game PIN, you can also join a game via link. Below is the guide to follow to do that:
- First of all, you should click or tap a link that is given by someone who’s hosting the game that you want to join. Kahoot will open in the app if you have the app installed in your mobile phone. Meanwhile, those who have not installed it yet will have the link open in the web browser of your device.
- Then, it is time for you to enter a Game PIN, which is the one that consists of 6-digit codes.
- If the host enabled the player identifier before, you should give the requested identifier.
- If the host enabled the friendly nickname generator before, please click or tap the spin button to pick a random nickname. In case it is disabled by the host, please enter any nickname that you want instead.
It should be easy for you to enter a PIN on Kahoot as long as you follow the guide well. If you have some difficulties and need help, you are able to reach out to the Kahoot team by submitting a request. The form of such a request can be found here.