After subscribing to one of the learning programs called Course Hero for quite some time, you might decide to deactivate your account due to certain reasons. After deactivating your account, you might remember all the documents that you have uploaded before and you are wondering what to do because they are apparently not removed even after your account is already deactivated.
If you think that these documents are important and you do not want them to no longer be in Course Hero, fortunately, there is a way for you to get them removed, which is by requesting the removal of certain documents that you have uploaded before. Before anything, it should be noted that it is only possible as long as you uploaded them from your own Course Hero account. In order to send a request, here is every step that you have to follow:
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to the official website of Course Hero at https://www.coursehero.com/.
- When you are on its front page, scroll down until you find the Contact Us button at the bottom and click it.
- By doing so, you will be presented with a pop up page entitled Contact Customer Support. On this page, select a category and an issue.
- Then, write down the description or the message that you want the customer support to know.
- Next, enter your contact information, including your first and last name and the email that you registered before.
- Apart from that, you also have to enter some additional information, such as your phone number, the last 4 digits of your credit card, the confirmation number, and the name on your credit card.
- Do not forget to also attach a screenshot.
- Once you are done providing everything, the last thing that you have to do is to press the pink Submit button.
- Just like that your ticket is submitted and you will just wait until they come back to you as soon as possible.
When sending a request to remove the documents that you have uploaded, do not forget to include a few things. The first one is the URL or title of the document. Aside from that, it is also important for you to state the reason why you would like the document to be removed. Please explain it clearly so that your reason can be accepted by the Course Hero team.
If the documents that you want to deleted or removed have been posted to the official website of Course Hero at https://www.coursehero.com/ only without you uploading them from your account, the best thing that you can do is to go to the Copyright Dispute page instead of submitting a form from the Copyright Infringement Notification button. After confirming the receipt, you will be able to receive a confirmation email sent by Course Hero.
Apart from the method above, some sources inform that the process of deleting the documents on Course Hero can be started by clicking on the File list tab. If you want to remove a document, you will need to note the URL of the document for creating a redirect. In case an image is the one that you want to remove, please skip this step. After that, choose the Delete link for the file or image that you want to be deleted. It can be done in the Actions column.
In addition to the situation when you no longer need Course Hero, you might also want to delete the documents when you realize that the documents that you have uploaded are inappropriate or someone else’s. It is the reason why knowing about the documents, including the types of documents that you can upload is needed before uploading them.
There are a few requirements for the documents for each document, as follow:
- It is needed for the document to be tagged to the correct course at the correct school.
- It is needed for the document to have useful information and it is also needed for the document to be a full page or longer.
- It is needed for the document to have a descriptive and helpful title.
- The document should not be separated into more than one document.
- The document should not exist on Course Hero.
- The document should be in the form of a photograph.
- It is needed for the document to be correctly classified as notes, test prep, homework help, essay, or lab report.
After meeting the requirements and agreeing to everything stated by Course Hero, you can upload the documents. Once the documents have been uploaded on the submission page, the next thing that you have to do is to tag them to your certain courses to make them easy to find. According to the official website of Course Hero, your content will be posted after it has been processed, which is about 2 or 3 hours after that. However, it is not always the case as it might take longer up to 24 hours. Once the documents are posted by Course Hero, the students will be able to start finding them. From this stage, you will be able to start getting rewards.
For more information about the documents, including how to delete them from Course Hero, in addition to submitting a ticket, try to call customer service of Course Hero by calling 1-888-634-9397.