In CodeHS, as a teacher, you are able to delete students who are no longer enrolled. If you have one or more students who are no longer enrolled and want to delete them but have no idea how to do so, fortunately you are here where you will be informed about everything.
There are a few steps that you have to follow to be able to delete a student on CodeHS, as follows:
- Firstly, you will have to go to your Roster page.
- When you arrive on the page, it is time for you to click the “…” to the right of the student’s name.
- After that, you can just click the Remove From Section button.
- Just like that, the student that you want is removed.
It should be easy for you to delete a student on CodeHS by following the information given above. In case you find it hard or if you have something to ask, you are suggested to contact the CodeHS team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell them the exact thing clearly so that they will help you as soon as possible.
If you want to delete a student on CodeHS because they accidentally joined or were switched into the wrong section, you can tell them to go to codehs.com/switch_class. When they are there, they have to enter your class code to be able to switch into your class.
In case you accidentally delete a student from one of your sections, you can ask your student to go to codehs.com/join_class. When they are there, they have to enter your class code to be able to rejoin your class.
Apart from removing or deleting students in your class sections, as a teacher, you are also able to invite them to join your class section. If you want to do it, you can just follow the following guide:
- The first thing that you need to do is to go to the Teacher page.
- When you are there, click on the section that you want the students to join.
- The next thing that you have to do is to click the + dropdown. If you have no idea about it, it is located next to How students can join this section.
- In this stage, there are a total of two ways to choose from to make the students be able to join your section. The first one is by clicking Invite Now to send your students an email link to your section and the second one is by giving the students a URL that they can visit to sign up for your section.
- By using the sign up link, these students will be asked to sign in or make an account on CodeHS. Before joining, they will be able to confirm the section, course, and teacher information.
- In case the section information is not as expected, every student has a chance to choose Select a new section and enter a class code.
Talking about the class code, as a teacher you might be wondering where you can find our own. According to the official website of CodeHS, your class code is able to be found easily in the invitation link or beside the section name on the Roster or Teacher page.
If you make some extra sections for your students because you think they are needed even if they are already enrolled in a section, you can ask your students to go to codehs/join_class. When they are on the page, make sure they enter the class code for the new section.
In addition, you can also switch a student to a different section if you put them accidentally in a certain section. To be able to do this, below are all the instructions to follow:
- First of all, you have to go to your class Roster page.
- When you are on the Roster page, you will need to click on the “…” dropdown to the right name of the student.
- Lastly, click the Switch Sections button to be able to choose a new section for the student.
Once again, please contact the CodeHS team at email@example.com if you have something to ask. Before anything, you are encouraged to check out the advice and answers from the CodeHS Team by going to https://help.codehs.com/en/. There is a lot of advice and answers shared by the CodeHS Team. If you fail to find the answer, then send an email to the email address mentioned before.
In this modern era, the process of teaching and learning is not limited to school and its surroundings only. Especially in this current pandemic, a lot of things, including the process of teaching and learning, are done online. One of the things that are widely used by the teachers and students is CodeHS. This one is such a great tool for every school who wants to integrate into their curricula. CodeHS always tries its best to make high school a better place. How it achieves its goal is by giving the teachers easy tools for integrating coding classes into their curriculums. With it, the students will be able to still access a number of coding lessons even though their high school days are long behind them. There are a lot of coding classes offered by CodeHS for both schools and single users. Each of them is free. Every school can enroll students in the first five lessons of more than 60 courses, make assignments, and track their progress without spending any. As for the individuals, they are only able to take one introductory class. Talking about the classes, they include a variety of coding subjects. Actually, it is not 100% free as the only one that is free is a free trial. Once the free trial ends, they will have to pay to get the thousands of hours of material. For more information about CodeHS, do not hesitate to visit its official website at codehs.com.