Now, you may want to try creating your own online board game. Usually, game boards, decks, dice, are built with pixel art. Try to create a brand-new game or change your favorite game. Also, create role playing maps or a game with your own art.
Creating Your Own Online Board Game with GameStructor
Here are some steps to create your own online board game with GameStructor:
- Before you start creating on the website, decide ideas and designs for your game.
- After that, you are able to navigate to the website https://www.gamestructor.com/
- Please click Join along the top navigation bar.
- The next step, you are able to click Create Your Account. For note: You will need an account to create games through the website, and you are going to have access to the email you sign up with to activate your account before you can go further.
- Now, go to the homepage of the website by clicking on the words GameStructor.
- Please scroll down and click Try Tutorial. From here you are able to learn how to create games and various components such as dice, cards, etc. Just click on any game component name to get started with a tutorial on how to make it. Once you are done with a tutorial and want to go to another, simply you are able to click the Tutorial Main Menu button to go to the list of tutorials and click on another tutorial. For optional, you are able to scroll down on the Tutorial Main Menu and click on the yellow robot. This is going to bring you to a tutorial on how to make a sample game by using all the components.
- When you have the controls down, then it is time to create your own game. You need to click on My Stuff in the bar along the top of the website, then you have to choose Overview in the drop down, and next any Create button along the right. It is easier to make your components first before putting them altogether under the create games section.
- When your game is all ready to go, you are able to host it on the site freely. Please click Play Game in the bar along the top of the site, then choose My Rooms from the dropdown menu. You need to scroll Down and make a new game room with a name & password, then simply you are able to click Add Game Room. You will be able to create up to five game rooms. Afterwards, you have to click the host under the game room you created and choose the game you want to play. Now, your friends only need to go to Lobby under Play Game, just click on the game, and submit your password.
Creating Your Own Online Board Game with Flippity
Besides with GameStructor, you are also able to create your own online board game with Flippity. For your information, Flippity is a site for anyone who wants to make games, flashcards, and timelines with Google Sheets. Recently, Flippity introduced a new template for creating your own online board game through Google Sheets.
With Flippity’s new board game template you are able to create a game which includes up to 8 players, has up to 3 dice to roll, and interactive game squares. Also, your game can include videos, pictures, graphs and Google Drawings. Your friends are able to play your game without an email address or having to create any type of online account. Now, you are able to take a look at a video to see how you are able to create and play your own online board game. This is a link of that video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq1cdfoa4Hk
Some key points from the video:
- You are able to customize the player markers and use pictures instead of the default markers.
- You are able to include pictures in each game square.
- You are able to use up to three dice in your game.
- You are able to have each square on the board give a different direction or prompt.
- Your deck of cards is able to include videos, pictures, links, and graphs.
If you are a teacher, Flippity’s new board game template can be great to develop a fun review activity for your students to play in your online or in-person classroom. If you want your students to use it remotely, then you are able to ask one student to share it via Google Meet or Zoom and then move the pieces for each player. Because you are able to link to anything in the game cards, you would put links to digital flashcards where the students have to answer a question correctly to advance on the game board.
Best Online Board Games
Here are some best online board games to play with friends:
Monopoly is one of the best and popular board games in the world. There are some ways to play Monopoly games online, including playing tabletop simulators or downloading apps.
Scattergories is a word game which challenges the players to think up the words that fit within certain categories and start with a particular letter. Also, the activity happens to be one of the easiest online board games to play on Zoom.
Scrabble is one of the best online games to play with friends. There are some ways to play the classic word game on the web, including using the Words with Friends app, or DIY-ing your board in Google Sheets.
Codenames is one of the best online board games. Online game setup is very simple. First, you are able to make a room and tweak settings and preferences. Then, you have to send friends the game link, join a video call, and start to play.
Pictionary is one of the best online board games for the kids. This game is an artsier version of charades, and also tends to be family friendly.