Do you want to create a Kahoot game? With Kahoot, you will be able to make and play fun learning games. And here, you will see the steps of how to create a Kahoot game.
The Steps to Create a Kahoot Game in Browser
You are able to follow the steps below to create a Kahoot Game in your browser.
- The first thing that you have to do is to log into your Kahoot account. If you do not have an account in Kahoot, you need to create it first.
- After logging in to your Kahoot account, then you have to click on the Create button which can be found in the top navigation bar.
- And then, you have to choose New Kahoot.
- Now, you have to start typing your first quiz question and you can add 2 to 4 answer alternatives. It is important for you to note that the change that you do will be saved automatically.
- Then, on the right side, you have to adjust the timer and choose the amount of points to award for a correct answer.
- Here, you have to click on the Add Question if you want to create more questions. It is important for you to note that depending on your subscription, you are able to add the other question types in addition to multiple-choice quiz. Here are the other question types in Kahoot.
- Type Answer: This is a question type which asks students to type a short correct answer.
- True or False: This is a question type which lets students decide if a statement is true or false.
- Poll: This is a question type which collects student opinions.
- Puzzle: This is a question type which asks to place answers in the correct order.
- Open-ended: This is a question type which asks students to type a long answer and it can be a good way to collect in-depth feedback.
- Slide: This is a question type which gives more context to a topic.
- Word cloud: This is a question type which collects short free-form responses.
On the right side, you are able to change the question type without having to retype it.
- In this step, you can make the question more engaging by adding an image or video. You are able to do that by uploading an image from your computer or you can choose one from Kahoot’s built-in image library.
- Then, if it is needed, you are able to drag and drop questions to change their order.
- Now, you have to click on the Enter Kahoot Title to add a title and you can do the other settings. In the Summary screen, you are able to define who can see your kahoot.
- And the last, you have to press Done. Now, you have created your kahoot and it is ready to play.
Using Question Bank in Kahoot
When you create a question in Kahoot, instead of typing questions from the start, it is better for you to search from the existing ones in Kahoot’s question bank. If you use the question bank, it will help you to create kahoots up to 3 times faster.
To use it, you have to click the Question Bank button which can be found in the left side panel when you are creating your kahoot. Then, you have to start typing a question and review autosuggestions. When you have found a relevant question, you have to click Add. If you need, you are able to tweak it.
The Steps to Import Presentations and Create Interactive
In Kahoot, there is a Kahoot Premium+ or Kahoot Edu subscription. With it, you are able to import existing slides from PDF, PowerPoint or Keynote. Then, you are able to combine them with question types to create an interactive lesson. Here are the steps to import presentations.
- First, when you are creating your kahoot, you have to click on the Import Slides on the left side.
- After that, you have to follow the steps to upload a file with a presentation. The slide importer in Kahoot can support some file formats including PDF, .ppt (PowerPoint) and .key (Keynote) presentation formats.
- After you upload it, then you are able to move your slides around or you can delete some of them. However, it is important for you to know that you are not able to edit the content.
- In this step, you have to add interactive questions to engage students and increase participation.
The Steps to Create a Kahoot in Kahoot App
If you have the Kahoot app, you are able to create a new kahoot wherever you are. To create a kahoot in kahoot app, you can follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open the Kahoot app and you have to make sure that you are logged in to your account.
- Then, you have to tap Create which can be found at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, you are able to add the title and description or you are able to go back to this screen later.
- Now, you have to tap Add Question and then choose a question type. Or, you are able to use the search field above to access the question bank.
- In this step, you have to add the question and answer options and also the images.
- You are able to preview your kahoot to check the look of it. You can tap the three dots icon which can be found in the top right corner of the screen and then you have to choose Preview.
- After you finish, then you are able to hit the Save button. If there is any important info which is missing, the kahoot checklist will notify you.
The Steps to Import Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet
In kahoot, there is a spreadsheet importer. It will help you to use the existing multiple-choice questions from other tools. The spreadsheet template can be downloaded and then you can follow it to prepare questions, answers and time limits for each question. When your kahoot is being created, you are able to click Import Spreadsheet to upload the filled template.