Penn Foster High School is a private high school for distance learning. It was established in 1890 as the International Correspondence Schools (ICS). Based on the research, Penn Foster High School is the largest high school in the United States with over 65,000 students currently enrolled across all 50 states.
Contact Penn Foster High School
If you have a question, then you are able to call: 1-888-427-6200 or email an Admissions Specialist.
Address: Penn Foster High School Student Services Center, 925 Oak Street, Scranton, PA 18515 USA
Penn Foster High School Diploma
Whether you are a high school-aged student looking to finish your diploma online, a parent who is looking into at-home learning options for their student, or an adult who did not have the chance to get their diploma, Penn Foster High School will help. Through flexible online classes, you are able to get your accredited high school diploma on your schedule, from home.
- Regionally, Penn Foster High School is accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. And nationally, Penn Foster High School is accredited through the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and Cognia, the leader in giving improvement and accreditation services to education providers of all kinds in their pursuit of excellence in serving students.
- You are able to transfer eligible credits from your previous high school to save time and money when getting your diploma with Penn Foster.
- Getting a high school diploma will be able to prepare students to enter the workforce, college, or the military.
- The high school diploma classes will cover standard subjects like math and English, as well as offering five elective courses of your selection as Algebra, American Literature, or career-preparation courses like Auto Repair and Vet Assistant.
- Their online programs are flexible for you to finish them at a pace which works for you, based on how much time you are able to dedicate to your coursework each week.
What You Will Learn?
You are going to learn:
- How to utilize critical thinking and reasoning skills to complete learning tasks in English Language Arts courses.
- How to utilize critical thinking and reasoning skills to complete learning tasks in science courses.
- How to utilize declarative knowledge and demonstrate understanding to complete learning tasks in math courses.
- How to utilize the writing skills to complete writing assessments.
Online High School Diploma Curriculum
With Penn Foster, you are able to learn at whatever pace works best for you. Several learners are going to be more comfortable moving faster, and dedicating more time, and the fast-track estimate is going to apply to them. The average track is going to apply to most learners who will dedicate a few hours per week to completing their coursework.
Their online high school diploma curriculum is 21 credits in total, including your basic general education requirements, like Math and English courses. Penn Foster High School students are able to choose 5 elective credits, ranging from academic electives like Algebra and American literature to career electives, like residential electrician, pharmacy technician, or vet assistant. If you select to focus on a specific career in one of their pathway high school programs, your electives are going to be focused on skills needed for your chosen career path. Your courses include:
- American History
- General Math
- Written Communication
Penn Foster High School Diploma FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions related to Penn Foster High School:
Is Penn Foster High School accredited?
Yes, it is. Penn Foster High School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and Cognia. In addition to their national accreditation, they are also accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (CSS-MSA). You will be able to find more details about each of their accreditations on the Penn Foster Accreditations page.
How Much Does Penn Foster Online High School Cost?
Apparently, there are some factors which influence the total cost of their high school program, including monthly offers, whether you are transferring credits into the program and the payment plan you select. They pride themselves on making their high school program as affordable as possible, giving you the choice to select the payment plan which works best for your budget. You are able to visit our online high school tuition page to get more information about the costs and their payment plan options.
Does Penn Foster High School Accept Transfer Credits from Other Schools?
To successfully transfer credits into Penn Foster High School, you are going to need an official, sealed transcript sent from your previous high school for evaluation. Your credits are going to likely transfer if the courses are equivalent to their curriculum and are from a regionally accredited high school. You are able to visit their high school credit transfer page for more details.
Can Adults Enroll in Online High School with Penn Foster?
Penn Foster will welcome students of all ages, including adult learners. Enrolling in their high school program is open to anyone 13 years or older who has already completed the 8th grade. They know how challenging it can be to obtain your diploma as an adult learner so they do their best to make it as easy as possible for you with their online and self-paced learning platform.
What is Penn Foster’s High School Curriculum Like?
In order to obtain your high school diploma from Penn Foster, you are going to need to complete 16.5 core credits and five elective credits. Each student will be able to choose their five elective requirements from courses ranging from music and psychology to vocational courses such as veterinary assistant and small business management. Their core curriculum is made up of Math, English, Social science, Science, arts and humanities as well as health and physical education courses. If you are transferring credits, then your coursework will vary.
Well, the text above is an explanation about how to contact Penn Foster High School and other information related to Penn Foster High School.