The thing called PowerSchool is such a great thing that makes it possible for the students and the parents or guardians of the students to access the information about the students online with just a single sign on. One of the information that can be accessed in the grades.
All the information added to the portal is done by the PowerSchool Admins as they are in charge of it. They have the ability to Store Grades to make a copy of the grades that are entered in the Gradebooks by the teachers. Talking about the grades, a lot of people have been wondering if it is possible for the grades to be changed if there is a mistake. The good news is that there is a possibility for the grades to be changed even after being stored by the PowerSchool Admins.
For everyone who wants to change the final grade of the student, you will need to have the Admin access to PowerSchool. After signing in, the next thing that you should do is to choose the student and change the grade which can be done under Historical Grades. Before proceeding, do not forget to store grades.
In order to change the final grades of the student, below are the complete and detailed instructions on how to do it. The method actually is not specific whether it is for PC or mobile but if you are an iPhone user, you might also want to try it.
- The first thing that you need to do is to choose a Student Record from the Start Page.
- Once you are done selecting the student record, please click on Historical Grades that is found on the Left Navigation bar.
- On the Historical Grades page, find the Final Grades that have to be changed and then click on it. in case the Final Grades option is nowhere to be found, you can choose Store Grades.
- Then, you will be taken to the Edit Stored Grade page. On this page, you will be able to change the grade, as well as some other things such as the percent, the GPA Points (if applicable), and Teacher Comment (if applicable).
- When the process of changing the Final Grade is done, do not forget to click on the Submit button to save the changes that you just made.
It should be easy to change these grades if you follow the guide well. After making a change, feel free to reprint cards of progress reports. It is worth noting that there is a Change History timestamp every time the grade change is made in Historical Grades. It is really important to know the thing that was changed and the one who changed it.
PowerSchool is really needed as it offers a lot of benefits for a lot of parties. It seems like a lot of people agree with this statement as the number of schools or school districts that use this student management system and find it helpful is high. It is stated that it has been used by millions of students across the globe.
With PowerSchool, the students and the parents or the guardians of the students can access the grades, the assignments, the attendance, the transcripts, and many other ones with just a single sign in. It is surely effective to check the work of the student at school while not having to worry about the time. On top of that, the parents or guardians with more than one student are able to manage all the students in just a single account. It means there is no need to make more than one account and to remember different passwords.
The students will be handed a PowerSchool account by their school while the parents or the guardians of the students have to create one if they want to get a chance to access the grades, assignments, school and class attendance, transcripts, and some other information of their children. Even though it is a bit unfortunate, there is nothing to worry as creating an account is easy. Follow the steps below to be able to create one:
- Firstly, open your computer and open your favorite internet browser.
- When it opens, go to the PowerSchool page of the school district. Each one has a different URL.
- On the PowerSchool page, find the Create Account tab and click on it and then click the Create Account button that is found at the bottom of the page.
- To make an account, you are required to provide the information to the fields on the top half of the page. The information that should be entered include the first name, the last name, and the email address of the parents or guardians. To prevent from getting hacked and to prevent it from being taken, you are encouraged to use the unique email address. Apparently, an email should only be used once, meaning if parents or guardians use the same email address, one of them should step down as only one that will get the chance to use it to make an account.
- In the fifth step, enter a username and password. For the password, it must be at least 6 characters and the characters that are allowed to be included are letters and numbers. If you want to add special characters, you can bite your nails now as there is no chance.
- Then, enter the link to your student to the new account. If there is more than one student, do not worry as you can add all of them. Provide the information about the name of the student, the Access ID and password given by the school of your child. Besides, it is also important to select your relationship to the student from the drop down menu. In case there is currently no letter for additional students, you can add them to the list later.
- When everything is done, click Enter to complete the process of creating an account.