If you find Course Hero is no longer helpful and you prefer something else, the thing that is in your mind might be how to cancel your Course Hero payment or subscription. Can you really cancel it? If yes, then how to do that?
Those who have subscribed to Course Hero are able to cancel their payment or subscription at any time in order to stop further charges. Before anything, it is worth noting that it will not automatically refund any new or recent recurring charges.
Canceling your Course Hero subscription is really easy and will not take too much of your time. You are able to do it the same way you purchased it. It can be done from the official website of Course Hero, iTunes, or Google Play Store. Remember that there is no way for you to do it from your iOS device if you upgraded from the browser.
Method 1: Canceling the Course Hero payment or subscription if you signed up through coursehero.com
For everyone who has subscribed Course Hero through the official website of it, here is the guide to follow:
- First of all, you will have to go to the official website of Course Hero at coursehero.com from your favorite browser.
- When you arrive there, please log in to your account.
- After that, hover over your profile icon located in the top right corner and then go to Account Settings from the menu.
- Lastly, click the Stop Recurring Membership button.
- Then, complete the form and confirm the cancellation. Take note that the cancellation will be effective within 7 business days.
Method 2: Canceling the Course Hero payment or subscription if you signed up through iOS app
If you subscribed Course Hero from the Course Hero iOS app, canceling the subscription will be allowed only from your iTunes account. Feel free to cancel it from any iOS device, whether it is iPhone or iPad. Most importantly, it is a must for you to log in to the same Apple Id you used to buy the subscription. Below are all the instructions to be able to cancel your subscription:
- The first thing that you need to do is to open the App Store.
- When it opens, tap your Profile icon. If you have no idea where it is, it is found in the top right corner of the screen.
- The next thing that you need to do is to tap the option for Subscriptions.
- Please tap your Apple ID name card located at the top to be able to access it from the Settings app.
- Then, find the Subscriptions and click it.
- By following the step, you will be shown with the list of all your subscriptions, including the current and the past.
- From the subscriptions, do not forget to tap the option for Course Hero.
- Then, tap the Cancel subscription button to make your Course Hero premier subscription canceled and go back to a Basic account.
For the device specific instructions, it is better for you to check out the Apple’s subscription management guide by going to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039. For all billing inquiries, you are encouraged to contact Apple.
Method 3: Canceling the Course Hero payment or subscription if you signed up through Android app
The process of canceling the Course Hero subscription from Android app is similar to canceling the subscription from iOS app. If you up-graded your account from the Android app, the only way to cancel the subscription is from the Google Play Store. If you have no idea how to cancel it from this app, you can follow every step included below:
- Firstly, you should open Google Play Store.
- After opening the Google Play Store, it is time for you to log in to your Google account that you used to purchase the subscription.
- In the next step, tap your Profile corner located in the top right corner of the page.
- By doing so, a menu will open. Upon seeing the menu, go to Payments and subscriptions.
- Then, go to Subscriptions.
- From the list of subscriptions that open, please choose Course Hero and then make it open.
- Next, tap the Cancel Subscription button.
- By tapping the button, you will be able to see a confirmation message shown on the screen.
- Please tap the Cancel button to confirm your wish to cancel the subscription.
If you need additional information, find it out by visiting the Google Play guide to subscriptions at https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7018481. Do not forget to contact Google directly for all billing inquiries.
Once again, you have to bear in mind that if you did not sign up through the official website of Course Hero at coursehero.com, canceling through your account settings will not affect recurring charges that are issued through an iTunes or Google Play subscription. It means you will need to cancel your Course Hero subscription directly through those apps if you want to cancel the subscription.
Canceling the Course Hero payment or subscription means turning your Course Hero account into a Basic one. Everyone should know that the cancelation does not mean the account to be deleted from Course Hero. Even if you are eager to delete your account from Course Hero, there is no way for you to do that until you cancel your subscription if you are a premier member.
Not only that, deleting the Course Hero account will not remove all the documents that have been uploaded to the platform. If you want to remove the documents that you uploaded before, you will need to contact the Course Hero team. You are recommended to do the same thing if you want to get a refund. Sending a refund request is recommended as it is the best way to find out if you qualify for a refund. Go to the official website of Course Hero to be able to send a ticket.